Game Week: Beef bowl, Drake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Game Week: Beef bowl, Drake

It'll be a big crowd. There are only 2114 seats remaining for sale.

West side top section: 488 seats
    West side lower section: 251 seats
    East side section: 1375 seats

It'll be a nice crowd for sure as long as the weather holds.
    Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
      With Garth Brooks playing 2 sold out shows in Sioux Falls on Saturday, is anybody else nervous about attendance?
      A true Jackrabbit fan would have gotten their tickets for Garth on any day but Saturday.
      -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Yes, I agree, the Beef Bowl has a great turnout. I'd think if Garth was only doing a couple shows it'd have an impact but it shouldn't hurt it much, more worrisome is the weather. Weather forecast starts to show less chance of rain and I think we hit 14K. I also think students will show up again, maybe 3,700-4,000.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
          Hard to say - it's Senior Day, plus Beef Bowl draws some clientele that don't normally attend games.
          No doubt Senior Day will be a big help, as I am doubtful of a caravan of buses coming from Des Moines. I suspect some boosters help buying up the tickets that are given to the Seniors visiting campus.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackedforlife View Post
            Yes, I agree, the Beef Bowl has a great turnout. I'd think if Garth was only doing a couple shows it'd have an impact but it shouldn't hurt it much, more worrisome is the weather. Weather forecast starts to show less chance of rain and I think we hit 14K. I also think students will show up again, maybe 3,700-4,000.
            14k for a game with Drake would be amazing. What is the attendance at the start of the 4th Quarter?
            -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
              14k for a game with Drake would be amazing. What is the attendance at the start of the 4th Quarter?
              I'm hoping it will be 4 less people. That means the Jacks are whoopin' up on Drake and my family and I are on our way home.
              One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Weather forecast for Brookings: on and off showers in the afternoon but no rain predicted in the evening...not bad! Wear some rain gear for tailgating and you'll be good.

Comment

Rain is down to only 20%. Should be a great crowd!

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
                    I can somewhat see why people leave in a blowout scenario. Students have "social" activities planned and families with young children bedtimes. Those who have a long drive ahead of them yet I understand too. I enjoy the whole game, gives a chance to see the next guys moving up and young prospects. But I'm a nerd like that. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by Jackedforlife View Post
                      I can somewhat see why people leave in a blowout scenario. Students have "social" activities planned and families with young children bedtimes. Those who have a long drive ahead of them yet I understand too. I enjoy the whole game, gives a chance to see the next guys moving up and young prospects. But I'm a nerd like that. Lol
                      Same. I was excited to watch the freshmen and sophomores play against Duquesne. I'll stay for it all against Drake because the wife and kids are gone this weekend. At QB it would be nice to let Douglas play the 3rd quarter with the second string and then let Cromer play the 4th for his first game reps.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
                        Same. I was excited to watch the freshmen and sophomores play against Duquesne. I'll stay for it all against Drake because the wife and kids are gone this weekend. At QB it would be nice to let Douglas play the 3rd quarter with the second string and then let Cromer play the 4th for his first game reps.
                        I would like to see Cromer or Nelson also
                        Go Big Go Blue ..... Go Jacks

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
                          Third. My wife knows that we don't leave early for anything (goes for both BBall and FB). We paid for the whole game we are going to stay for the whole game.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                            Third. My wife knows that we don't leave early for anything (goes for both BBall and FB). We paid for the whole game we are going to stay for the whole game.
                            Only reason we leave a little early when we do is so we can be to vehicle in time to catch the post game show by Tyler.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                              Exactly, it's about setting clear expectations beforehand. My wife, and by extension, 2 kids under 4 years old understand that the game doesn't end when the score is lopsided. My wife has even started to enjoy watching the second/third teamers play because she begins to recognize names, where they're from and remembers how they've played in the past. Plus, we incentivize our oldest by reminding him that he gets to run around with his football on the field after the game. Highlight of his week besides the band and dinosaurs.

Comment

Originally posted by BitsTD View Post
                                Only reason we leave a little early when we do is so we can be to vehicle in time to catch the post game show by Tyler.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                This would be my one of my gameday recommendations to the athletic department. Play the postgame show/interviews through the sound system of the stadium. I would love to listen to this but never get a chance to because we are still in the stadium.

Comment

Working...
                                X