Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Game Week: Beef bowl, Drake

Originally posted by Bits View Post
    This would be my one of my gameday recommendations to the athletic department. Play the postgame show/interviews through the sound system of the stadium. I would love to listen to this but never get a chance to because we are still in the stadium.
    Great idea....I'll put a request into the Dak guy who runs the production of the video boards on game days. We'll see if anything sticks.

Another idea is to bring some earbuds along and turn on the WNAX radio feed. I'm sure they have an app or you can get to it via their website.

Comment

This would be my one of my gameday recommendations to the athletic department. Play the postgame show/interviews through the sound system of the stadium. I would love to listen to this but never get a chance to because we are still in the stadium.
      YES, I have never understood this. I'd rather hear Tyler and Struck in the stadium anyway, far more fun. Even the press conference...and while we are at it, I really wish they would get a mic that picked up the reporters questions better. few things frustrate that hearing an answer and trying to decipher what was asked to precipitate the response.

Comment

They do this at the basketball games, correct? Seems like being able to play them as people walk out is a great idea.
        -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
          They do this at the basketball games, correct? Seems like being able to play them as people walk out is a great idea.
          I seem to remember the press conferences being played on the scoreboard at some point in the past.

I think there is overlap between the postgame and press conference, the tail of the postgame is still going on while the press conference is starting. I would be all for playing the postgame on the stadium speakers. Are there concourse speakers? Should be played there too.
          “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Great idea,I'd like that too,hearing the post game comments through the PA system. I suspect it would be contingent on two things,the physical wiring, hook-ups,etc.... being there and two, the "desire to please the fans and give them a little bit extra toward their game experience". I remember when they were building the "Denny" in Sioux Falls how they were stating it would be top of the line and up to date and doing things such as this would be very easy. No doubt with an AD like Sell, the desire to please the fan is there already. The only reason they might not want to do it is delaying the clean-up efforts some with a lot of the crowd hanging around listening, but the PA system is loud enough for fans to hear outside the gates too ,if they want to stand and listen.I doubt very few would stay for the whole post game comments,and they could put a time limit on it.They have cameras to monitor I think.If they don't do it,carry along a small pocket portable radio pre-tuned to WNAX,the downside of that is just you being able to hear and not your entire group all at once.
            Last edited by jackdaniel; 09-13-2017, 11:37 AM.

Comment

that's why I feel WNAX and SDSU need to figure out a post game show. like do the game recap, stuff like they do. Then start a 30 minute after game radio show. talk about the game breakdown more, play clips from the press con and coach interview again. Have conference breakdown. maybe do a segment with callers after the game. often times the radio post game is over before we even leave the parking lot some games. would be nice to get out of town and on the way home and listen to more discussion about the game. I would think they would get a lot of listeners for that extra half hour after a game.
              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
                Great idea....I'll put a request into the Dak guy who runs the production of the video boards on game days. We'll see if anything sticks.

Another idea is to bring some earbuds along and turn on the WNAX radio feed. I'm sure they have an app or you can get to it via their website.
                Dak guy responded...he said they used to do this but they no longer have cabling from the new room they do press conferences at DJD to Frost Arena where the Dak control room is.

Comment

Dak guy responded...he said they used to do this but they no longer have cabling from the new room they do press conferences at DJD to Frost Arena where the Dak control room is.
                  I think that sucks that it wasn't planned out to have new cabling ran, seems shortsighted. Hopefully in the future they can figure out a wireless version or something. Regardless I would think they could patch the WNAX radio into the audio feed and fill the board with stats and highlights.
                  Last edited by Jackedforlife; 09-13-2017, 01:04 PM. Reason: added positive sentment...

Comment

Originally posted by Jackedforlife View Post
                    I think that sucks that it wasn't planned out to have new cabling ran, seems shortsighted. Hopefully in the future they can figure out a wireless version or something. Regardless I would think they could patch the WNAX radio into the audio feed and fill the board with stats and highlights.
                    Piping in the WNAX feed is an option but it may cause issues when conducting the actual interviews on the field.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                      that's why I feel WNAX and SDSU need to figure out a post game show. like do the game recap, stuff like they do. Then start a 30 minute after game radio show. talk about the game breakdown more, play clips from the press con and coach interview again. Have conference breakdown. maybe do a segment with callers after the game. often times the radio post game is over before we even leave the parking lot some games. would be nice to get out of town and on the way home and listen to more discussion about the game. I would think they would get a lot of listeners for that extra half hour after a game.
                      I think just about all of them would listen ,if they had access,don't know how far in advance scheduling is done or whether or not advertising time is contracted out at certain time of day and can't be changed,or if the radio station has control of that and can juggle the schedule if they want.I also think it might take longer than we think to gather, edit , choreograph even a audio only 1/2 hr show,unless it's done live and that still takes some time to cut and edit video clips doen't it?.I really like your idea though,and maybe in the future something like that can be arranged.Since advertising is sold more or less on how many are listening,it seems you could get a little more for a larger listening audience,but then you have to factor in those non-SDSU fans who might not want to listen.It's all based on marketing and profitability (hiring extra help for example) I think.Maybe a partnership would work, as you suggested,where both parties might share some of the cost.

Comment

Here's the perfect set of earbuds.

Comment

Here are the matchups I'm watching this week. https://jackrabbitillustrated.blogsp...ing-drake.html

Not that it will change the outcome, but Drake having Asani and Clayberg back at the defensive tackle spot is huge for them. Last week they started a kid at NG who weighs 235 pounds and the other starter was 260.
                          Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
                            Here are the matchups I'm watching this week. https://jackrabbitillustrated.blogsp...ing-drake.html

Not that it will change the outcome, but Drake having Asani and Clayberg back at the defensive tackle spot is huge for them. Last week they started a kid at NG who weighs 235 pounds and the other starter was 260.
                            I really like the extra coverage you provide. Another insight or point of view is nice.
                            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post

Could you imagine 2 guys that light in the middle against the HOGS? I would think it'd be like a snowplow going up and down the field.

I echo your call on Cade housing a return. I also think Skyler Cavanaugh is going to play well, I love what I see him doing in his limited playing time. Solid blocker both on the line and downfield as well as how good his catches have been. Very athletic kid all around. I look forward to more of the trues on D playing, love to see them get a ton of gametime experience.

Any word on any other redshirts getting pulled yet?

Comment

Originally posted by Jackedforlife View Post
                                Could you imagine 2 guys that light in the middle against the HOGS? I would think it'd be like a snowplow going up and down the field.

I echo your call on Cade housing a return. I also think Skyler Cavanaugh is going to play well, I love what I see him doing in his limited playing time. Solid blocker both on the line and downfield as well as how good his catches have been. Very athletic kid all around. I look forward to more of the trues on D playing, love to see them get a ton of gametime experience.

Any word on any other redshirts getting pulled yet?
                                They are holding off on Krolikowski. If Greeneway or Harmon (knock on wood) were to go down, you could probably expect Gruetzmacher's to get pulled. I don't know if Carbis is fully healthy and I don't think we have another experienced tackle on roster.
                                Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Working...
                                X