Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: GDT: @ Montana State Bobkittens

Originally posted by 91jack View Post
    I think this might sum up my opinion on the subject. We do have more talent now then we have had in the past and that probably factors in. Stig is the man that has the final say so if it works or doesn't work he either gets credit or blame for it.

Talent might be a factor, Stig adapting might be a factor, new assistants might be a factor or there might be many others but I do think we have ran trick plays more often the last few years then we did in the past. Maybe it was "communist" football in the past and it isn't anymore.

I don't know how you can argue that Stig hasn't been a good coach at SDSU since the DI move. How many other teams have made the playoffs as often as we have the last few years? I just think some fans expect us to get to the next step. They look at NDSU and some NDSU fans get mad if they don't win it all every year. Is it realistic to expect SDSU to be like NDSU? There are some things that NDSU has that SDSU doesn't but some people want to win and anything else is unexceptable.
    Part of the problem many have is that Stig has never been the type of coach that will run a score up. Unfortunately many draw a parallel between how good a team is and margin of victory.

I don't think I've ever said he was a bad coach. I have been critical of how the team has come out in certain games, but that isn't necessarily his fault.

Short of AJ, he is probably the most successful coach SDSU has seen at the D1 level.
    -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by TransAmBison View Post
      A Jacks fan complaining about insecurity. Pot...meet kettle. Say hello.
      Except that you started all of this. By coming onto our fan board and making all of us aware that the Almighty Bison ran the same trick play before we did. And that we got all of our words (designed vs. called) just right. Insinuating that NDSU owns the rights to the play by showing us a YouTube clip of when the Almighty Bison ran it.

It is comical how often I get texts from various Bison fans when our coaching staff or athletic department posts something that NDSU fans can take a dig at. They do it all the time and it amazes me that these people waste as much brain power as they do worrying about SDSU.

But the Almighty Bison are perfect....I keep forgetting that....shame on me.

Comment

I may have missed this being mentioned, but how in the world did Christion slip through the line and block that kick?

The MSU coach went ballistic! That too was a big play!

Comment

Originally posted by Roy View Post
          I may have missed this being mentioned, but how in the world did Christion slip through the line and block that kick?

The MSU coach went ballistic! That too was a big play!
          I was thinking the same thing as I rewatched the game. How many times do you see a guy come from the inside to block a FG/PAT? He was basically untouched.

They way that their kicker was going, I would have played for the TD anyway. All I kept hearing was "he has the leg" from their broadcasters followed up by "he just needs the accuracy." MSU isn't good enough to make up for special teams mistakes. They remind me of SDSU a few years ago. Isn't a former SDSU person in charge of their football operations or something?

Comment

I don't know how you can argue that Stig hasn't been a good coach at SDSU since the DI move. How many other teams have made the playoffs as often as we have the last few years? I just think some fans expect us to get to the next step. They look at NDSU and some NDSU fans get mad if they don't win it all every year. Is it realistic to expect SDSU to be like NDSU? There are some things that NDSU has that SDSU doesn't but some people want to win and anything else is unexceptable.
            As much as many of us hate to admit it, part of that attitude is what pushes their football program to where it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Re: biting back and forth with definition of "designed" play: I'd say that nail is even with the board and time to stop pounding.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                Re: biting back and forth with definition of "designed" play: I'd say that nail is even with the board and time to stop pounding.
                I whole heartedly agree.

Comment

I will stay out of the NDSU/SDSU fans bashing. Both teams have some bad fans but most fans of both teams are good.

I will correct the, "your boy Eck didn't have anything to do with it". He was the coach that wanted to call the play and got it approved by coach Stig. If coach Eck wasn't here, that play probably would not have been called by the SDSU staff.
                  I agree, but the statement that he designed it was false...all i was pointing out
                  BISON FOOTBALL

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
                    Except that you started all of this. By coming onto our fan board and making all of us aware that the Almighty Bison ran the same trick play before we did. And that we got all of our words (designed vs. called) just right. Insinuating that NDSU owns the rights to the play by showing us a YouTube clip of when the Almighty Bison ran it.

It is comical how often I get texts from various Bison fans when our coaching staff or athletic department posts something that NDSU fans can take a dig at. They do it all the time and it amazes me that these people waste as much brain power as they do worrying about SDSU.

But the Almighty Bison are perfect....I keep forgetting that....shame on me.
                    Lol..this is just totally out there in left field

This place has gone nuts
                    BISON FOOTBALL

Comment

Originally posted by tjbison View Post
                      Lol..this is just totally out there in left field

This place has gone nuts
                      Only because you say so...right?
                      SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Originally posted by propar80 View Post
                        Only because you say so...right?
                        Maybe you guys could run your posts through a NDSU moderator so we can check over your work? Oh, and make sure you have a cover sheet on it, mkay?

Comment

998.jpg
                          Seems appropriate

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
                            [ATTACH=CONFIG]893[/ATTACH]
                            Seems appropriate
                            Yeah, but we had the megaphone first. Sorry, just had to...

Comment

Originally posted by TransAmBison View Post
                              Yeah, but we had the megaphone first. Sorry, just had to...
                              That means we are Steve Gutenberg. I'll take that.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
                                That means we are Steve Gutenberg. I'll take that.
                                Well played...

Comment

Working...
                                X