Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: GDT: @ Montana State Bobkittens

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
    I misstated it was a play called by Eck, not designed by him.
    But you are also incorrect. This play has been run before NDSU has run it. It was not designed by the Bison.
    https://youtu.be/fekOAov_I9w
    Please show me where I said it was designed by NDSU???? Never even mentioned it just proved that your boy Eck didn't have anything to do with it
    BISON FOOTBALL

Comment

Originally posted by tjbison View Post
      Please show me where I said it was designed by NDSU???? Never even mentioned it just proved that your boy Eck didn't have anything to do with it
      You said I was incorrect in saying it was designed by Eck, which I said I misspoke. Then you added the YouTube from NDSU which I assumed you meant it was designed by NDSU. So for that I apologize.

Eck is not "my boy". Enjoy him as a coach, nothing more.

Comment

Dude....relax
        Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
          Coach Eck said Stig signed off on it before he called it. They had been practicing it before they went west and discussing it after Vinatieri made the first field goal, which they felt helped set it up if another field goal came into play.
          And it might also be noted that Vinatieri has the foot speed to execute the plan. However, it must be noted that all the original plays are originally run by a team from Fargo as designed and patented.Consider that as a footnote.
          Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
            Dude....relax
            More paranoia from up Nort.
            Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
              More paranoia from up Nort.
              Lol...how is it paranoia to point out a false statement...you guys are funny
              BISON FOOTBALL

Comment

What's funny to most all other fans of FCS is the inferiority complex Bison fans have even after 6 National Champions. It's like you're a bunch of little Hitlers running around looking for anyone that even makes a small dig at the almighty Bizon, making sure we all bow down and repent.

We get it....you're the best...you look like inbread hicks making it your life's work to make sure everyone knows it, on every fan forum in America.
                SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Originally posted by propar80 View Post
                  What's funny to most all other fans of FCS is the inferiority complex Bison fans have even after 6 National Champions. It's like you're a bunch of little Hitlers running around looking for anyone that even makes a small dig at the almighty Bizon, making sure we all bow down and repent.

We get it....you're the best...you look like inbread hicks making it your life's work to make sure everyone knows it, on every fan forum in America.
                  Wow...talk about a complex. A Bison poster makes a correction and you guys get all up in arms. Yet we have the complex (okay, we have one...no defending that ). Those posters on here that can't admit mistakes act the same as the SDSU tailgaters that can't be civilized. Oh wait, I need to relax.

To be fair, the poster called out by a Bison fan took the correction just fine...stand up guy.

Comment

Originally posted by TransAmBison View Post
                    Wow...talk about a complex. A Bison poster makes a correction and you guys get all up in arms. Yet we have the complex (okay, we have one...no defending that ). Those posters on here that can't admit mistakes act the same as the SDSU tailgaters that can't be civilized. Oh wait, I need to relax.

To be fair, the poster called out by a Bison fan took the correction just fine...stand up guy.
                    I challenge just one time that when something is said in a derogatory/incorrect way about the Bizon that you and the rest of Fargo let it go. The only reason I make this challenge is that I know you guys absolutely can't...your insecurity won't allow it.

Good luck...I'll be waiting.
                    SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Originally posted by propar80 View Post
                      I challenge just one time that when something is said in a derogatory/incorrect way about the Bizon that you and the rest of Fargo let it go. The only reason I make this challenge is that I know you guys absolutely can't...your insecurity won't allow it.

Good luck...I'll be waiting.
                      A Jacks fan complaining about insecurity. Pot...meet kettle. Say hello.

Comment

I will stay out of the NDSU/SDSU fans bashing. Both teams have some bad fans but most fans of both teams are good.

I will correct the, "your boy Eck didn't have anything to do with it". He was the coach that wanted to call the play and got it approved by coach Stig. If coach Eck wasn't here, that play probably would not have been called by the SDSU staff.

Comment

Originally posted by 91jack View Post
                          I will stay out of the NDSU/SDSU fans bashing. Both teams have some bad fans but most fans of both teams are good.

I will correct the, "your boy Eck didn't have anything to do with it". He was the coach that wanted to call the play and got it approved by coach Stig. If coach Eck wasn't here, that play probably would not have been called by the SDSU staff.
                          He meant Eck didn't have anything to do with the design of the play. But, it was an excellent call...just like the trick play against NDSU previously...both excellent calls and well executed. In this game it was the difference...he deserves a lot of credit. The play was successful...and it wasn't even close...totally nailed it. That was good coaching.

Comment

Originally posted by 91jack View Post

This is your opinion. In reality, SDSU has run fakes before Eck arrived.

Like I said, to some posters/fans fake calls are genius when they work (gotta be somebody other than Stig!), and moronic when they don't (Stig's fault!).

Fair and unfair criticism is part of the job when you are head coach. However, certain posters/fans seem to have a gigantic ax to grind with Stig, which is completely illogical IMO due to the success SDSU football has had during his tenure.
                            “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
                              This is your opinion. In reality, SDSU has run fakes before Eck arrived.

Like I said, to some posters/fans fake calls are genius when they work (gotta be somebody other than Stig!), and moronic when they don't (Stig's fault!).

Fair and unfair criticism is part of the job when you are head coach. However, certain posters/fans seem to have a gigantic ax to grind with Stig, which is completely illogical IMO due to the success SDSU football has had during his tenure.
                              I think that what most don't seem to realize is that maybe these trick plays are called more often because now we have a team that can do it. The talent level of SDSU has never been deeper. Most of our other kickers probably can't make that play in the past. Plus, teams were always somewhat ready for the fact because we had a QB holding in the past.

There are many variable that go into play calling. I will admit that I have been critical of ConservaStig on the occasions that kind of play-calling. But he has surprised me the last few years with his ability to adapt.
                              -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
                                I think that what most don't seem to realize is that maybe these trick plays are called more often because now we have a team that can do it. The talent level of SDSU has never been deeper. Most of our other kickers probably can't make that play in the past. Plus, teams were always somewhat ready for the fact because we had a QB holding in the past.

There are many variable that go into play calling. I will admit that I have been critical of ConservaStig on the occasions that kind of play-calling. But he has surprised me the last few years with his ability to adapt.
                                I think this might sum up my opinion on the subject. We do have more talent now then we have had in the past and that probably factors in. Stig is the man that has the final say so if it works or doesn't work he either gets credit or blame for it.

Talent might be a factor, Stig adapting might be a factor, new assistants might be a factor or there might be many others but I do think we have ran trick plays more often the last few years then we did in the past. Maybe it was "communist" football in the past and it isn't anymore.

I don't know how you can argue that Stig hasn't been a good coach at SDSU since the DI move. How many other teams have made the playoffs as often as we have the last few years? I just think some fans expect us to get to the next step. They look at NDSU and some NDSU fans get mad if they don't win it all every year. Is it realistic to expect SDSU to be like NDSU? There are some things that NDSU has that SDSU doesn't but some people want to win and anything else is unexceptable.

Comment

Working...
                                X