X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: GDT: @ Montana State Bobkittens

Originally posted by discoDancinJackrabbit View Post
    Pray to God Souleks is minor
    Matt Zimmer's one tweet suggested a possible post-bye return, with a more recent tweet indicating Soulek wanted to play next week (tweets accessible here).

Personally, I'm hoping he doesn't take the field against Drake.

Comment

Even tho I was less than impressed with how we played, one thing did stick out after I read the final stats. TC played an impressive game. Take away a few drops and some intentional throws out of bounds he would of been over 80% completion rate. He also made big plays with his legs when we needed him. He carried us to get that win.

Comment

Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post
          What final score and/or stat line for the MSU game would prompt you to adopt a more optimistic outlook?
          A top 5/10 team should not struggle to beat or lose to unranked teams like SDSU seems to find a way to do every year. Period.

Who knows, maybe MSU will turn out to be a top 10/15 team by the end of the year and this win will seem better than it does right now, but as of game time, MSU was unranked, and not even recieving votes, that puts them where... somewhere around a 61 to 70th rank team? And by all rights and purposes, they probably should've won the game.
          "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
            A top 5/10 team should not struggle to beat or lose to unranked teams like SDSU seems to find a way to do every year. Period.

Who knows, maybe MSU will turn out to be a top 10/15 team by the end of the year and this win will seem better than it does right now, but as of game time, MSU was unranked, and not even recieving votes, that puts them where... somewhere around a 61 to 70th rank team? And by all rights and purposes, they probably should've won the game.
            You could also say that, in the past, SDSU wasn't a top 5/10 team because the couldn't find a way to win these type of games. How about before we all fold up the tents and throw up our hands we let the season play out.

Would I like to see this team blow the doors off every single team they play? Of course. But you know what is more important than the "eye test?" Actually winning the game. Bottom line this team is 2-0 and hasn't even come close to playing their best football. Just remember, NDSU lost to USD...at home. Seems to me they still ended up doing fairly well that season.

Of course everyone upset about this game will be bragging about how much better they look against Drake and how the staff "fixed" things.
            -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
              Of course everyone upset about this game will be bragging about how much better they look against Drake and how the staff "fixed" things.
              Perhaps, but not me. I thought people were nuts for saying the same after Duquesne. Those games do nothing to prove anything Imo.
              "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
                Perhaps, but not me. I thought people were nuts for saying the same after Duquesne. Those games do nothing to prove anything Imo.
                Neither does the Montana State game. The Gold Rush game is a big deal to the fans and the team. I would have rather played Bowling Green on Saturday that the Bobcats.

Did SDSU play great? No. But they did what they needed to do to win the game. A couple years ago they probably lose this game. When they started to lose the momentum I lost a little faith, but the players didn't give up and they caught a few breaks. Good teams win games. Sometimes they win pretty and everyone is happy, and sometimes they win very ugly.
                -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post
                  Matt Zimmer's one tweet suggested a possible post-bye return, with a more recent tweet indicating Soulek wanted to play next week (tweets accessible here).

Personally, I'm hoping he doesn't take the field against Drake.
                  He shouldn't have to.

Disregarding a senior's desire to be there for his teammates. If the desire is there but the need isn't, the coaches should lose his helmet. We have bigger fish to fry than Drake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Here is the link to the Montana State Post game interviews:

http://skylinesportsmt.com/montana-s...-dakota-state/

Comment

This thing about being unranked does not mean a whole lot in Week 2. I think SDSU beat a very good football program which will no doubt win some games this season. They are picked 8th in the BSC but they could finish much higher than they are predicted.
                      Last edited by Nidaros; 09-11-2017, 05:34 AM.

Comment

We beat a Big Sky team on the road in front of 19,000 fans. Their home opener and our first road game. It may have been ugly at times, but it's a good win.

Comment

Incorporating SDSU & MSU's game results, In Massey, MSU is ranked 41st with an 0-2 record, and SDSU dropped from 3rd to 4th. Youngstown is up to 3rd. At this time of the year, much of the Massey ratings is due to carry over from last season.

Comment

Originally posted by rabidrabbit View Post
                            Incorporating SDSU & MSU's game results, In Massey, MSU is ranked 41st with an 0-2 record, and SDSU dropped from 3rd to 4th. Youngstown is up to 3rd. At this time of the year, much of the Massey ratings is due to carry over from last season.
                            Interesting to say the least. Last year is in the record books but I trust the experts do not have much to work with as far as this year, and I still say we beat a very good team. I am anxious to see how they(Montana State) does against UND this year. Last year UND walked all over them and that is a program to fear once they become a member of MVFC. UND looked very good Saturday against Mo State.

Comment

With 1 minute to go in the 1st half the team was up 17-0.

So, they were in control. However, it wasn't quite that dominant as they had thrown an INT in the endzone, and missed a FG.

The 2nd half was poor, I don't think anyone would argue that. But, if Wilde doesn't fumble and the Jacks get a TD on that drive (it would have been 1st and 10 around the 14... and we had moved the ball easily on that drive, and the drive previous)

But they got the fumble, and hit a big play right away off of it. They had all the emotion and momentum. The Jackrabbits basically had enough to hold on.

It certainly wasn't a great performance, and isn't something the team should be happy with. But, that was a pretty good team with a talented, athletic qb who made some things happen.
                              (I thought the pocket collapsed several times too, and he just made plays running around back there.)

I think if it's 17-0 at half, and we march down for that TD, and it's 24-0... I think the game takes on a whole different feel. Same thing on the fumble lost... we score again there, and their defense is like "we can't stop these guys", instead they recovered the fumble, and they played really well and confident the rest of the way.

Every game is it's own little story. Just because you're supposed to win big, doesn't mean you will. Just because you "jump out" on a team, doesn't mean it'll stay that way.

Overall, it was good to hang on for the win (obviously), and lets hope the team can learn and grow from it.

Comment

Didn't the Jacks win? Last time I checked, those wins in the state of Montana weren't easy.

SUPERBUNNY
                                MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X