Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: GDT: @ Montana State Bobkittens

Originally posted by ringthebells View Post
    1. Stig call a timeout to review. No way that should have been a turnover.
    2. Why the **** didn't the clock stop. The ball was run, we ended up with the ball, clock should have run the entire time. No reason for the final possession from either team.
    Timeout usage was one aspect that baffled me too. I had to follow stats only because I was out of radio coverage in 1st half, and it seemed like Jacks extended their drive near end of 1st half. Then, in 2nd half Jacks burned a couple in quick succession. I get that Jacks might have needed to use them to prevent an illegal substitution penalty or ensure proper personnel in on offense. Just hoping situations like that don't become the norm and end up biting Jacks in future close game(s).

Comment

Montana St is going to make waves this year,mark my words.very good team,and UND as well.

Comment

Originally posted by BigGoosie13 View Post
        On the positive side, we went up into the smoky mountains and came out with a victory, I'll take it!
        Same here. It was not pretty but our W-L even back in the 1950s was not good against Montana State.

Comment

He hasn't got many touches yet, but from the limited plays I've seen, I think Cade Johnson could end up being a hell of a player.

I can't remember the last time we've had a guy with his quickness.

Comment

The Montana feed on Midco said the difference in the game was special teams. They kept talking about their kicker who had the leg but was terrible at accuracy.(two missed FG's)
            Then the Vinantri TD was a shocker. I tend to agree with these guys. MSU had way too many penalties.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post
              He hasn't got many touches yet, but from the limited plays I've seen, I think Cade Johnson could end up being a hell of a player.

I can't remember the last time we've had a guy with his quickness.
              The rest of the FCS may not know it yet, but the Jackrabbit receiving corp sans Wieneke and Goedert is really, really talented.

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post
                I can see your point. The only reason I focused on him was due to the mention of ending the Mengarelli era. Nevertheless, one could argue that had he lost the fumble, and I do think it was an actual fumble -- unless the argument was that his forward progress had been stopped and it was whistled dead while he was upright, and I never heard a whistle -- that is the only carry that would have mattered because that would've been a considerable momentum swing.
                oh...the one that bounced back to him on the onside kick(it was him ,right?)...ya lucky,but what about situational awareness again? It was a fumble,unintentional,just happens in a ball game...wait ,no one had control of that,went out of bounds...are you talking about the so called fumble where he's lying on his back on the ground (play should have been called dead) where the ball squirted out? I'm confused,did I miss a fumble by Brady?

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
                  After reflecting a bit, I think I personally have to stop thinking that just because SDSU is a "top 5" team, they're going to go just throttle the hell out of everyone they play.

I would love that, but it's probably not very realistic.
                  Just curious, do you think how this game progressed could result in the Jacks dropping a spot in at least the coaches poll (e.g., being replaced at #4 by Youngstown, moving to #5, and pushing JSU to #6)?

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
                    oh...the one that bounced back to him on the onside kick(it was him ,right?)...ya lucky,but what about situational awareness again? It was a fumble,unintentional,just happens in a ball game
                    No, this was a run where Bignell ripped it out and it fortuitously bounced back to the good guys.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                      The Montana feed on Midco said the difference in the game was special teams. They kept talking about their kicker who had the leg but was terrible at accuracy.(two missed FG's)
                      Then the Vinantri TD was a shocker. I tend to agree with these guys. MSU had way too many penalties.
                      Which is ironic because Choate is generally touted as a coach who is rising in the ranks, but "sloppy" play is commonly cited as evidence of a coaching deficiency. That's not to say I always agree with that argument.

Comment

Just curious, do you think how this game progressed could result in the Jacks dropping a spot in at least the coaches poll (e.g., being replaced at #4 by Youngstown, moving to #5, and pushing JSU to #6)?
                        Who cares,we'll beat them too.

Comment

No, this was a run where Bignell ripped it out and it fortuitously bounced back to the good guys.
                          OH ya,he was on the ground,what do you expect of him,jump up like superman off the ground and grab the ball.yes, it was a lucky bounce,but what's with the "situational awareness" quote,,,sorry, just trying to understand your meaning

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
                            After reflecting a bit, I think I personally have to stop thinking that just because SDSU is a "top 5" team, they're going to go just throttle the hell out of everyone they play.

I would love that, but it's probably not very realistic.
                            True

Comment

Which is ironic because Choate is generally touted as a coach who is rising in the ranks, but "sloppy" play is commonly cited as evidence of a coaching deficiency. That's not to say I always agree with that argument.
                              No opinion then...hey.jus kidd'n with you,one too many you know, keep saying what you want, regardless of the **s holes! You're ok I Think I'll quit while I'm ahead,good night Jacks.

Comment

Those announcers said that they thought the Bobcats had learned a great deal from WSU game, but lines both O
                                and D didn't. Their FG kicker lost the for them,.

Comment

Working...
                                X