Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conundrum for the Superstitious

So here is the situation:

At work, there were a bunch of cupcakes left in the break room for any employee to enjoy. Like most people, the prospect of free food is too enticing for me to turn down, so I decide to indulge myself. All the cupcakes were of equal size and flavor (chocolate), with the only difference being the color of the frosting, which I could choose from either Blue, Red, or Green.

I initially felt this was a no-brain decision and proceeded to scarf down a blue frosted cupcake since that's a Jackrabbit color and the others were smelly Coyote and Bison colors, but as the sugar and starch was passing through my gullet I started to have second thoughts.

By eating the blue cupcake, I was in essence destroying it, so in-turn, does that mean I destroyed SDSU's chances of winning this weekend?

...and if this theory holds water, could I neutralize this blunder by also eating a red and green cupcake?

...or would that only just doom USD and NDSU as well while still not sparing my beloved Jackrabbits? Certainly it'd be better to jinx all 3 teams than just my alma mater, but SDSU's results are what truly matters!

I'm so worried I made the wrong decision I'm considering counterbalancing my mistake with other good luck charms like, maybe a rabbit's foot... wait a second... nooo!!!
    If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
    - Steven Wright

Re: Conundrum for the Superstitious

Instead of thinking of the cupcakes as the football teams, imagine them as the cheerleaders. If the imagery works, I say try a red and green as well.
    One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post

At work, there were a bunch of cupcakes left in the break room for any employee to enjoy. Like most people, the prospect of free food is too enticing for me to turn down, so I decide to indulge myself. All the cupcakes were of equal size and flavor (chocolate), with the only difference being the color of the frosting, which I could choose from either Blue, Red, or Green.

I initially felt this was a no-brain decision and proceeded to scarf down a blue frosted cupcake since that's a Jackrabbit color and the others were smelly Coyote and Bison colors, but as the sugar and starch was passing through my gullet I started to have second thoughts.

By eating the blue cupcake, I was in essence destroying it, so in-turn, does that mean I destroyed SDSU's chances of winning this weekend?

...and if this theory holds water, could I neutralize this blunder by also eating a red and green cupcake?

...or would that only just doom USD and NDSU as well while still not sparing my beloved Jackrabbits? Certainly it'd be better to jinx all 3 teams than just my alma mater, but SDSU's results are what truly matters!

I'm so worried I made the wrong decision I'm considering counterbalancing my mistake with other good luck charms like, maybe a rabbit's foot... wait a second... nooo!!!
      I say Eat All 3 and let Karma take over.

Comment

It would only be a conundrum if it were somehow tied to the Jacks wearing yellow pants during an away game. I swear, everytime we wear whites on yellow for away games, we lose. I can only remember twice that whey have won wearing that combo (@WIU a few years back, and @Missouri State a few years back)

Originally posted by slosho View Post
        I say Eat All 3 and let Karma take over.
        I agree with this. If you feel like you've altered the universe's Feng Sui by eating the wrong cupcake, just eat the other two and balance everything out.

Comment

I think all of them get eaten eventually,so problem solved,if you didn't eat it , someone else would have, ....don't beat yourself up over it

Besides, we all know blue is better! A cupcakes purpose in life is to be eaten,and we are all grateful for that!!!!!

Maybe you can get solace by figuring all Yote fans ate the red ones, all Bison fans ate the green ones, for the same reason you ate the blue one, and are now at home figuring they just jinxed their team into losing their next game. Besides,you can just figure it's a pre-celebratory act to honor our forthcoming, great victory over Montana State.You know you jus opened a whole new dimension to the game don't you? (the curse of the cupcake?)

I agree,we should not compound the problem by wearing a unwinnable uniform combination,that would definitely be a no brainer, a loss to be sure.
          Last edited by jackdaniel; 09-06-2017, 10:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by mmiller_34 View Post
            It would only be a conundrum if it were somehow tied to the Jacks wearing yellow pants during an away game. I swear, everytime we wear whites on yellow for away games, we lose. I can only remember twice that whey have won wearing that combo (@WIU a few years back, and @Missouri State a few years back)

I agree with this. If you feel like you've altered the universe's Feng Sui by eating the wrong cupcake, just eat the other two and balance everything out.

I would love to never see yellow pants with white tops ever again, besides the fact that its ugly. The only game I can think of is when we got torched by Illinois State 45-10 a few years back.

Comment

I'm good with no yellow pants ever even with the yellow jersey. I love the all white look on the away(decals included).

Comment

Originally posted by Jackedforlife View Post
                I'm good with no yellow pants ever even with the yellow jersey. I love the all white look on the away(decals included).
                Yep once they went to white pants which was a great move its like they almost have to just use that all the time now. no more yellow pants on the road. save those for home games and if you want to use blue pants on the road if they feel they need to change it up.
                "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Also I second eat all the cupcakes and use the red and green as a sacrifice to the college football gods.
                  "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

I'm appreciative of the support I've received in this thread and am feeling much better about eating the blue cupcake.

I will, however, make sure I still wear my lucky shirt and socks as well as start the GDT with the hashtag "ChuckthePigskin" just to be safe.

I'll also plan out my actions more carefully throughout the season as to not risk upsetting the college football gods. "With great power comes great responsibility" I believe is how the saying goes.
                    - Steven Wright

Comment

The only solution is to order, and eat, a Montana shaped cheesecake. If you don't have time, I will take the bullet for the good of the program.
                      -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

I'm appreciative of the support I've received in this thread and am feeling much better about eating the blue cupcake.

I will, however, make sure I still wear my lucky shirt and socks as well as start the GDT with the hashtag "ChuckthePigskin" just to be safe.

I'll also plan out my actions more carefully throughout the season as to not risk upsetting the college football gods. "With great power comes great responsibility" I believe is how the saying goes.
                        Kemo,

You are really overthinking this! Eating the blue cupcake is fine! It's a cupcake! Not like you went out and had some Hausenpher at a restaurant. But if it is still bugging you then take the gal out for dinner tonight to a place that will serve a nice bison burger or better yet, bison ribeye. After dinner, take a drive in the country with your gal but bring your rifle and shoot a couple coyotes. That should appease anything the football gods could throw at you.

Plus, you will feel fantastic!!!!

SUPERBUNNY
                        MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post
                          Kemo,

You are really overthinking this! Eating the blue cupcake is fine! It's a cupcake! Not like you went out and had some Hausenpher at a restaurant. But if it is still bugging you then take the gal out for dinner tonight to a place that will serve a nice bison burger or better yet, bison ribeye. After dinner, take a drive in the country with your gal but bring your rifle and shoot a couple coyotes. That should appease anything the football gods could throw at you.

Plus, you will feel fantastic!!!!

SUPERBUNNY
                          Eating a bison anything doesn't offset the bad ju-ju. We aren't playing the bizzun. It has to be something Montana State related.
                          -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
                            Eating a bison anything doesn't offset the bad ju-ju. We aren't playing the bizzun. It has to be something Montana State related.
                            adopt a cat and name him Bob? appease the animal gods which are probably friends with the football gods. That has to earn good ju-ju.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
                              This is correct. It is an indisputable fact that the college football deities are a bipolar bunch whose mood can swing on a whim. Any offerings/sacrifices made could never be hoped to satisfy them longer than a week's span.
                              - Steven Wright

Comment

Working...
                              X