Jackrabbit Insider

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Jackrabbit Insider

Bummer the JJ on midco was great. well we got rid of cable so don't have midco anymore so wasn't watching it lately anyway. that was one of a few channels I enjoyed. they do good coverage for the games though. Just seems cable prices aren't really worth it with so many many options now.
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
      Thanks,might consider that,but it's not cable,I've been disappointed with satellite providers in the past and I am a little leery about dropping cable, and how it's impervious to weather conditions and concerned about mounting on my new roof, etc. One time i had an old wooden pole they agreed to mount their dish on,but it's no longer standing and I don't feel like erecting another not knowing if they will even allow this or not. Definitely a good deal though (like the ESPN 3,a must have) ,so thanks again.
      Sling goes through your internet and is an app on most devices. Works like a dream on my Xbox and my Firestick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post
        Sling goes through your internet and is an app on most devices. Works like a dream on my Xbox and my Firestick.

Yes-sir Sling is Only Owned by Dish network. It's not Satellite

Comment

That's good to know,that takes care of all my concerns,thanks.

Comment

PlayStation Vue is another option. I cut the cord several years ago and started with SlingTV but switched last year to PlayStation Vue. It is an internet based streaming service, comparatively priced to Sling, with better sports offering and DVR like replay services. I use a Roku player on each TV to obtain the services. ESPN3 is available as well along with FSN, Big 10, NBC Sports, FS1 &2 and of course the ESPN Suite.

Comment

After I saw they had dropped the Jackrabbit Insider I dropped Midco TV for Sling TV. Still get the Jacks games on ESPN3 and get all the channels I want with the sports package for $35.

I thought the J.I. WAS a KELO thing that was only picked up by Midco Sports Net.

Comment

Jackrabbit Insider: Kelo-Land aired on Sunday nights on Kelo or UTV. Produced and filmed by SDSU.
                Jackrabbit Journal: Midco Sports Net aired mid-week.

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
                  I thought the J.I. WAS a KELO thing that was only picked up by Midco Sports Net.
                  Jackrabbit Insider was on KELO - Midco had Jackrabbit Journal.

Comment

Ok, I guess I kenw that. Got confused and thought we were only talking about the insider.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930AZ using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
                      Ok, I guess I kenw that. Got confused and thought we were only talking about the insider.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930AZ using Tapatalk
                      Me too, I always get those mixed up.

Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Originally posted by jbjack View Post
                        PlayStation Vue is another option. I cut the cord several years ago and started with SlingTV but switched last year to PlayStation Vue. It is an internet based streaming service, comparatively priced to Sling, with better sports offering and DVR like replay services. I use a Roku player on each TV to obtain the services. ESPN3 is available as well along with FSN, Big 10, NBC Sports, FS1 &2 and of course the ESPN Suite.
                        This Sling TV got me curious , so found some good info to share if there are others who might be interested.No, I'm not promoting Sling TV,in fact I didn't know it existed before today.This article mentions PlayStation Vue as an option also, and just seen where HULU is jumping into the game also,launching their internet based streaming service.But for sling TV,here's the Info.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
                          This Sling TV got me curious , so found some good info to share if there are others who might be interested.No, I'm not promoting Sling TV,in fact I didn't know it existed before today.This article mentions PlayStation Vue as an option also, and just seen where HULU is jumping into the game also,launching their internet based streaming service.But for sling TV,here's the Info.
                          YouTube and Hulu also have live TV options.

We cut the cord a couple of years ago and have used Sling ever since. We love it. We went from a DirectTV bill of more than $150 a month to $25 for Sling, $8 for Hulu, $10 for Netflix. During Game of Thrones seasons, add $15 a month for that. But typically, our total cost is $43 and we haven't missed out on anything. We just realized with didn't need several versions of the Basketweaving channel or whatever. Now we get basically what we want for 1/3 of the cost.

Avoiding thread drift: I'm disappointed that the JI is gone. But I understand that Athletics (Tyler and Justin) can't do everything. I noticed that they are doing a lot more YouTube stories. Perhaps at some point there could be a student-produced show since the JI was produced in the Yeager Hall video production studio that the Department of Journalism and Mass Communication runs.
                          Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
                            YouTube and Hulu also have live TV options.

We cut the cord a couple of years ago and have used Sling ever since. We love it. We went from a DirectTV bill of more than $150 a month to $25 for Sling, $8 for Hulu, $10 for Netflix. During Game of Thrones seasons, add $15 a month for that. But typically, our total cost is $43 and we haven't missed out on anything. We just realized with didn't need several versions of the Basketweaving channel or whatever. Now we get basically what we want for 1/3 of the cost.

Avoiding thread drift: I'm disappointed that the JI is gone. But I understand that Athletics (Tyler and Justin) can't do everything. I noticed that they are doing a lot more YouTube stories. Perhaps at some point there could be a student-produced show since the JI was produced in the Yeager Hall video production studio that the Department of Journalism and Mass Communication runs.
                            I always am curious about how the multiple streaming services add up along with internet, if it really is much cheaper to get 3 or paid streaming services then just cable. cut cable helped and we just have internet and a roku and don't stream things because with work and kids etc we don't have much time to watch stuff we would want anyway.
                            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Cut the cord 2 years ago exactly.

Here's my 2 cents on it. I live about an hour south of Minneapolis. I put a digital antenna on my roof, bought it from Best Buy for about $130. I get the local CBS, NBC, Fox, ABC. Good enough for live sports and local news. Yeah, sometimes if the weather is bad or whatever, a channel might not come in. Could have certainly gotten a better antenna for more money.

Bought a Roku from Sling TV. At the Time Sling had a deal, pre pay for 3 months of Sling and get a Roku for 50% off. So it was basically either buy a Roku for about $100, or buy a roku and get 3 months of sling for $120. I ended up cancelling Sling after those 3 months, but if you still want a little bit of "traditional cable tv" and "channel surfing" it is certainly the best option out there, and only getting better as they continue to add more channels and packages.

For the apps on our Roku, we have Hulu for $8.99 month. A family member has Netflix. So we pay the Hulu bill, they pay the Netflix bill and we share our login info. Fair trade. We also have an Amazon Prime membership, which also gives you a number of things to watch on TV through their app. The in-laws still have DirecTV and were nice enough to give us their login info so we could use a few things (they had no idea their TV package even came with streaming options until I brought it up to them), and through that we get access to WatchESPN, Fox Sports Go, and Disney Junior. I'm sure there's plenty of others out there as well that we could also get if I wanted.

Our internet bill is $29.99 month. We do have the slowest speed available, and there are times when we have company over and therefore multiple phones connected to our wifi, that our streaming TV does go in and out.

In 24 months of having this TV set up, all monthly costs, start-up costs, etc. I have spent it looks like $1,185.52. I don't recall what my DirecTV plus internet bill was before the switch, but I'll guess it was $150/month, which would have cost me $3,600 over the last 24 months. All in all, I have saved roughly $2,414.48 in 24 months by cutting the cord. Yes, I have missed out on a few things of live TV. My option isn't as convenient as having cable. But IMO it is well worth the savings.

Comment

Working...
                              X