Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Game week: Montana State

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
    Fwiw, 5dimes has us favored by 10.5, Sagarin has us favored by 19.1. I think the margin of victory will be closer to the latter. Imo, 10.5 is way too low. I'm thinking around 21 is very reasonable.
    So we should bet the over. *If we were to bet that is.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930AZ using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
      So we should bet the over. *If we were to bet that is.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930AZ using Tapatalk
      I would have said yes until seeing their offense vs. Washington State. Yes, they're an FBS team, but they're not exactly known for their defense. Montana St. looked inept when it came to passing the ball. As WestSide mentioned in his write up, their passing game is predicated on their run game working. When it doesn't work, everything is bad, which is what happened to them on Saturday. Also, their defense was respectable enough to hold Washington State to 31 points. With the total at 55, I'm not as confident about that total as I was before last weekend.

Btw, spread is up to -11.

Comment

Skyline Sports Big Sky Breakdown: Jeff Choate pre-South Dakota State.

From what I've heard from Choate, he seems like a good guy and a knowledgeable coach. I think he'll have the Bobcats winning sooner rather than later (though not "This Saturday" soon ).
        If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
        - Steven Wright

Comment

I just hope the guys come out ready to play. Jump on them right away and don't give them hope. This should be a pretty darn good defense we're going against to hold Washington State to 31 points like they did considering they had to be on the field a lot when your offense doesn't score a point. This should be a good litmus test for us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Originally posted by JacksBacker View Post
            You can get the game on DirecTV but only if you have the most expensive package. Does anyone know if Kravn or anywhere in SF will have it on?
            The SES Alumni association is having a watch party at Shenanigans. That's where all the away games will be on TV this year. They have updated their abilities to stream games because of the turnout from SDSU fans last year.

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post

From what I've heard from Choate, he seems like a good guy and a knowledgeable coach. I think he'll have the Bobcats winning sooner rather than later (though not "This Saturday" soon ).
              Guess I didn't realize Bobcats had a Jacks transfer (McCabe [#10]); sounds like he and Stig will be interviewed later in week by same outlet. Appears McCabe attended same high school as current Jack Logan Backhaus but graduated a couple years before Backhaus.

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post
                Guess I didn't realize Bobcats had a Jacks transfer (McCabe [#10]); sounds like he and Stig will be interviewed later in week by same outlet. Appears McCabe attended same high school as current Jack Logan Backhaus but graduated a couple years before Backhaus.

He redshirted at SDSU and then went to Iowa Western for a year before going to Montana State.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                  You are correct. Good find.
                  https://www.midcosn.com/schedule/
                  That's great... if you're in a market where MidcoSN is available. But at least there's a pay stream from MSU available.
                  Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post

I don't know what kind of a coach he is, but he's a blabber. Honestly, I prefer coaches who have less to say. But I'd bet recruits and their families like him.
                    Holy nutmeg!

Comment

I know the past is the past but trips to Montana haven't always ended all that well for the Jackrabbits, granted, that's been the Griz and not the Bobcats. Nice playoff win at Montana St. in 2014.

The Yankton Jackrabbit Club with be hosting a watch party at Czeckers bar and grill here in Yankton. Should be people gathering for supper and drinks beginning around 6 pm. All are welcome. They will carry the game on MidcoSN.
                      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
                        That's great... if you're in a market where MidcoSN is available. But at least there's a pay stream from MSU available.
                        As WestSide mentioned earlier, you can watch the game for free on Pluto TV. Here's an article from Big Sky describing their partnership for this season.

http://bigskyconf.com/news/2017/7/16...18-season.aspx

Just go to Pluto TV on your computer, tablet, phone, or streaming device (roku, apple tv, fire stick, etc.) and download the pluto TV app, and you have direct access to the Big Sky channel. You don't have to enter any information except for your email address. I just downloaded it on my phone and pulled up the Big Sky stream, they're playing a rerun of a game from over the weekend. Very simple and very good quality. There should be no reason someone pays to watch this game.

image1 (1).jpg

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                          As WestSide mentioned earlier, you can watch the game for free on Pluto TV. Here's an article from Big Sky describing their partnership for this season.

http://bigskyconf.com/news/2017/7/16...18-season.aspx

Just go to Pluto TV on your computer, tablet, phone, or streaming device (roku, apple tv, fire stick, etc.) and download the pluto TV app, and you have direct access to the Big Sky channel. You don't have to enter any information except for your email address. I just downloaded it on my phone and pulled up the Big Sky stream, they're playing a rerun of a game from over the weekend. Very simple and very good quality. There should be no reason someone pays to watch this game.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]891[/ATTACH]
                          Well that's pretty cool. I admit I assumed (wrongly) that Pluto TV wasn't legit. Obviously, it is. Thanks WestSide and CappinHard. I'll give it a try on a Roku tonight.
                          Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
                            I don't know what kind of a coach he is, but he's a blabber. Honestly, I prefer coaches who have less to say. But I'd bet recruits and their families like him.
                            I just listened to that interview. He does like to yammer on a bit much for my taste as well, but I did actually appreciate it. He gave a much more in-depth/analytical assessment of SDSU, MSU and this upcoming game than what you typically get from coaches. He didn't give any state secrets away but was very open with his responses. It made for worthwhile interview.

Comment

Originally posted by Bits View Post
                              I just listened to that interview. He does like to yammer on a bit much for my taste as well, but I did actually appreciate it. He gave a much more in-depth/analytical assessment of SDSU, MSU and this upcoming game than what you typically get from coaches. He didn't give any state secrets away but was very open with his responses. It made for worthwhile interview.
                              You're right. He seems very knowledgeable and gave a nice analysis. It is definitely worth a listen.
                              Holy nutmeg!

Comment

I'd just like to go on record for the billionth game in a row, as saying I'm worried about Montana State.

Comment

Working...
                                X