Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: MVFC 2017 Scores and Stats

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
    Perhaps they won't be, but they are certainly better than #23. Well, better than #23 as long at their QB doesn't get broken from over use.
    The last part would worry me if I was a Yote fan. The Valley schedule is a long, hard road and having your QB run the ball 15-20 times a game makes it likely that he is going to take a lot of big hits.

Comment

Originally posted by BigGoosie13 View Post
      Memphis beat #25 UCLA yesterday, Gophers thumped Middle Tennessee. Ladies and gents, the Valley is going to be one hell of a dog fight this year. Buckle Up!!!
      Go Robert Morris! (although their chances of winning are probably as good as me getting a smooch from Shania Twain)

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
        I don't think they'll be in the top 10. And this UND offense is butt.
        The season's early and I think recent history plays a role in rankings. USD may deserve a top 10 but I think they'l come in around 16-17. UND deserves to drop out of the top 25 but, again, recent history including last year's Big Sky title will be factored so I won't be surprised to see UND barely hanging in at 24-25.

I DVR'd the UND at USD game and have watched part of it. USD looks good. Stating the obvious: Streveler is a huge key -- perhaps THE key -- to the success of the Coyotes. Like others who have commented, I wonder about his durability (or any QB's durability when they run the ball that many times etc.) for the long haul. But right now, the Coyotes look like a very good football team.

UND really has a player-discipline problem and the few times I've watched them the last few years, that seems to stand out. I don't know how to describe it but it seems the players are a little too cocky for their abilities. And then when they're running into a very good team like USD, that cockiness means nothing and they fold their tent. Tons of mistakes -- credit USD for setting the tone which leads to those mistakes but a good team would have started playing better--UND turned into some stumble bums. Probably the beating administered in Vermillion will do some good for UND. They'll have to dig down and find something that they couldn't demonstrate yesterday and try to run the Big Sky. LOL, of course if they do that, their cockiness will return and they'll get stomped in the playoffs.

This year's Coyotes is the best USD football team in a very long time.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
          The season's early and I think recent history plays a role in rankings. USD may deserve a top 10 but I think they'l come in around 16-17. UND deserves to drop out of the top 25 but, again, recent history including last year's Big Sky title will be factored so I won't be surprised to see UND barely hanging in at 24-25.

I DVR'd the UND at USD game and have watched part of it. USD looks good. Stating the obvious: Streveler is a huge key -- perhaps THE key -- to the success of the Coyotes. Like others who have commented, I wonder about his durability (or any QB's durability when they run the ball that many times etc.) for the long haul. But right now, the Coyotes look like a very good football team.

UND really has a player-discipline problem and the few times I've watched them the last few years, that seems to stand out. I don't know how to describe it but it seems the players are a little too cocky for their abilities. And then when they're running into a very good team like USD, that cockiness means nothing and they fold their tent. Tons of mistakes -- credit USD for setting the tone which leads to those mistakes but a good team would have started playing better--UND turned into some stumble bums. Probably the beating administered in Vermillion will do some good for UND. They'll have to dig down and find something that they couldn't demonstrate yesterday and try to run the Big Sky. LOL, of course if they do that, their cockiness will return and they'll get stomped in the playoffs.

This year's Coyotes is the best USD football team in a very long time.
          I caught a little of it with friends as we were in-between a wedding ceremony and the reception. One member of our group, who is a DSU alum, commented that UND looked like they were already packing it in when down 24-0 in 2nd qtr.
          In regards to Streveler he took a pretty good shot on one of the runs I saw where he was just beginning to slide when he got hit. Looked to me like his head banged the turf pretty good. He did pop right back up, but easily could have been a hit where a player could sustain a concussion.

Comment

UND had completely pounded MO State the week before.

I believe the Coyotes are for real. Coach Nielsen was a superb hire for them. They aren't going away.

Comment

Originally posted by da_coach View Post
              UND had completely pounded MO State the week before.

I believe the Coyotes are for real. Coach Nielsen was a superb hire for them. They aren't going away.
              I agree on Nielsen being a great hire for them, definitely a step up for them. I already miss Joe Glenn.

*looks around the room, whispers* who knows... maybe the same step up will happen to SDSU when Stig retires... *quietly leaves*

Comment

This isn't a MVFC game, but the game I am most interested in this weekend is UND vs Montana State in Grand Forks at 2:30pm. This game will tell us a lot about the direction both UND and Montana State are going to head in this year. I don't put much stock in comparative scores, but it will also give us some insight into strength's/weaknesses of USD and ourselves.

I am hoping to watch this game but I'm not quite sure what the viewing options are. UND's website says that MidcoSN will be showing the game, but when I go to MidcoSN's website it shows it only airing from 5:30-6 pm. Probably just a typo on MidcoSN's website. I don't see it listed on ESPN3. Do they not pick up all of the MidcoSN games? I thought they did, but maybe they only carry the MVFC games that MidcoSN broadcasts.

Comment

Montana State doing what they want against UND. They lead 28-10 at the half. Murray has 200+ total yards and 2 passing TD's.

Comment

49-21 is the final, Montana St. I guess that means Montana St is better than we thought and UND isnt as good as we thought. Which makes USD wins vs UND not as impressive and our win , ON THE ROAD, much more impressive.......

Comment

Watching the WIU game and good lord is the Coastal Carolina field UGLY. The turf makes me think the color on my tv is screwed up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post
                        Watching the WIU game and good lord is the Coastal Carolina field UGLY. The turf makes me think the color on my tv is screwed up.

Agreed, It's Skyforce *GAG* Teal. Blegh!

Comment

The field is almost as ugly as their team. Feeling bad that I picked Coastal on AGS pickem......
                          "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
                            The field is almost as ugly as their team. Feeling bad that I picked Coastal on AGS pickem......
                            Chalk that one up to poor life choices I guess lol

Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Chalk that one up to poor life choices I guess lol

I should have trusted a MVFC defense more than I did in this one.
                              "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
                                I should have trusted a MVFC defense more than I did in this one.

They have made CC their B!

Comment

Working...
                                X