Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: MVFC 2017 Scores and Stats

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
    I would hope that the Jacks welcome the chance to get a second chance at UNI.
    Im glad its UNI. Temps in the 40s. No rain in the forecast. We are better than what we played on Hobo Day. Get a win and head down I29 to the Pentagon for the 7:00 tip off.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
      Im glad its UNI. Temps in the 40s. No rain in the forecast. We are better than what we played on Hobo Day. Get a win and head down I29 to the Pentagon for the 7:00 tip off.
      I would like to play a team we lost too. That's hard for uni to beat us again. its hard to beat a good team twice in a season. See us playing ndsu last year.
      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
        Good for them. Im all for the conference teams winning except for them. After all the BS they have said the past week, i hope they get their ass kicked next week. I will never cheer for them and i really didnt make that decision because of last weekend. Ive never want them to win anything ever. And i cant wait until UND joins us and see how the Bison fans cheer for conference members.
        So five guys complaining on the USD message board represent the entire fan base of the university? 9,000 USD fans at the game? That’s confusing. And it didn’t exactly seem like Matt Zimmer’s tweet during the game disputed the fact that our guys were getting cramps at convenient times during the game. I read Mick Garry’s quote in his article about the Yotes and he said that the number of SDSU cramps was “comical.” I don’t think these cramps represent our team well and I don’t think that your post makes SDSU fans sound so great either. Just my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by CondeJack View Post
          So five guys complaining on the USD message board represent the entire fan base of the university? 9,000 USD fans at the game? That’s confusing. And it didn’t exactly seem like Matt Zimmer’s tweet during the game disputed the fact that our guys were getting cramps at convenient times during the game. I read Mick Garry’s quote in his article about the Yotes and he said that the number of SDSU cramps was “comical.” I don’t think these cramps represent our team well and I don’t think that your post makes SDSU fans sound so great either. Just my opinion.
          And the same can be said of the BS theyve been saying about our fanbase being the most hated in fcs and we are cheaters ect ect. I still dont want them to win any games in any sport. I cheer against them.

Comment

Beyond just the usual pettiness and spite, SDSU fans should almost never cheer for USD teams for anything, IMO.

And there's a logical reason why:
            The fact is, we compete with them for everything. In sports, it's obvious. But we also compete with them for students, prestige, etc.

There are a lot of people out there who would say that USD doing well is good for South Dakota and therefore indirectly, SDSU (and vice versa).
            When we compete with them for so much, their success in no way helps us at all. We only lose by them winning, whether it be in sports, prestige, etc. And the same can be said about us winning vs them losing. In a rural state, competing in mid major athletics, perception is everything.

That is a long way of saying I will never , ever, cheer for them to win anything, and I think it's a BS argument for anyone who uses the "I generally cheer for a team from SD" excuse. Them winning in anything in no way ever helps us.

As far as pettiness and generalizing about their fans unfairly? Again, perception is reality. And my perception is that they're a bunch of whiny ******s that will hop on the bandwagon and talk **** at the first hint of success in October, and then disappear in November when things get rough.

Go look at their board and the national board and notice how many Yotes "fans" there were about mid October posting for the first time compared to mid November. And then they started coming out of the woodwork again after they backed into the playoffs.

**** them and the rapists they recruit.

Comment

I invite a return to the thread topic.
              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Tibbs View Post
                Beyond just the usual pettiness and spite, SDSU fans should almost never cheer for USD teams for anything, IMO.

And there's a logical reason why:
                The fact is, we compete with them for everything. In sports, it's obvious. But we also compete with them for students, prestige, etc.

There are a lot of people out there who would say that USD doing well is good for South Dakota and therefore indirectly, SDSU (and vice versa).
                When we compete with them for so much, their success in no way helps us at all. We only lose by them winning, whether it be in sports, prestige, etc. And the same can be said about us winning vs them losing. In a rural state, competing in mid major athletics, perception is everything.

That is a long way of saying I will never , ever, cheer for them to win anything, and I think it's a BS argument for anyone who uses the "I generally cheer for a team from SD" excuse. Them winning in anything in no way ever helps us.

As far as pettiness and generalizing about their fans unfairly? Again, perception is reality. And my perception is that they're a bunch of whiny ******s that will hop on the bandwagon and talk **** at the first hint of success in October, and then disappear in November when things get rough.

Go look at their board and the national board and notice how many Yotes "fans" there were about mid October posting for the first time compared to mid November. And then they started coming out of the woodwork again after they backed into the playoffs.

**** them and the rapists they recruit.
                Gold...Pure Gold Tibbs.
                SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Not MVFC, but NAU, who pounded Illinois State this season, getting destroyed by non-scholly San Diego 41-10 in Flagstaff. Bison get another cupcake in the 2nd round.

Comment

Summary of the MVFC performance in the opening round of the playoffs:

Wiu 19 WEBER STATE 21
                    USD 38 Nicholls State 31
                    Monmouth 7 UNI 46

USD advances to play at Sam Houston
                    UNI advances to play at SDSU
                    U of San Diego advances to play at NDSU

So, four Valley teams continue to play. I think that is good justification for the conference having five teams in the field to start the playoffs.

The San Diego win over Northern Arizona was interesting: 41-10. San Diego had the auto bid for the no-scholarship Pioneer League. NAU's best win was a 37-16 drubbing of ISU-red out of the Valley on Oct 7. Even so, NDSU should kick them back to San Diego by at least four TDs.

NDSU has the easiest game coming up. In my opinion, we have a tough draw but I think we win. I think USD loses at Sam Houston.
                    Last edited by rabidrabbit; 11-26-2017, 05:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Tibbs View Post
                      I only cheer for USD if it'd help the Jacks in conference (or playoff seeding in general). However, I've never been much of a proponent of the "them winning is good for the state argument."

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                        In my opinion, we have a tough draw but I think we win.
                        Hoping the Jacks kennel the kittens on 12/2 and essentially flip the Hobo Day score, stay healthy, and host UNH on 12/9 after they upset UCA.

Comment

Working...
                        X