MVFC 2017 Scores and Stats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: MVFC 2017 Scores and Stats

I wonder how much impact the suspension of three players had on USD game performance in Cedar Falls Iowa?

Comment

How much fun is this?

Next Saturday either NDSU will lose its second straight game, leading to a likely loss of a top-2 seed and a Bisonville inferno visible for 100 miles.

Or...

USD will lose their third game in four tries leaving them going the wrong way at the worst time and feelings of here-we-go again in Vermillion. They could still miss the playoffs if things go just right.

I sure hope the Jacks win so I can fully enjoy watching the ensuing meltdown in Fargo or Vermillion.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
        How much fun is this?

Next Saturday either NDSU will lose its second straight game, leading to a likely loss of a top-2 seed and a Bisonville inferno visible for 100 miles.

Or...

USD will lose their third game in four tries leaving them going the wrong way at the worst time and feelings of here-we-go again in Vermillion. They could still miss the playoffs if things go just right.

I sure hope the Jacks win so I can fully enjoy watching the ensuing meltdown in Fargo or Vermillion.
        Agreed. I haven't decided who I want to win that game yet. It would be amazing to have USD lose, then we could go down there and put them squarely on the playoff bubble. However, it would be great to see the road to Frisco not go through Fargo for once. Imo, the most ideal situation would be to have NDSU win against USD then lose to ISUr, which could happen since it's in Normal. Either way, as Michael Scott once said... "Well, well, well... How the turn tables..."

Comment

NDSU hasn't lost two games in a row since 2009.

Senior day and a top 3 seed on the line.

Pretty sure my money would be on NDSU if I was a betting man.

Comment

How much fun is this?

Or...

Perfect day is when the Jacks win and the yotes lose.....

Comment

UNI has an easy remaining schedule. MSU and ISU blue. We have hope for UNI choke

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                UNI has an easy remaining schedule. MSU and ISU blue. We have hope for UNI choke
                To bad we didn't have isu Blue for hobo day instead of uni or at ysu. Would have been nice to play them this year since the top of the league is stacked.
                "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Why? If anything I would say we want UNI to win out and them beating USD helped us because it makes our loss look better.

Comment

How much fun is this?

Or...

I feel like USeD is going to run into a pissed-off bison team and it probably isn't going to be good for them. and unfortunately if Strevler gets hurt it's going to be in this game. I hope that isn't the case.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930AZ using Tapatalk

Comment

You may be right, slosho, but I wonder if the Bison aren't going to run into a very determined bunch of Coyotes who will play their hearts out to avoid getting another loss. In any event, it should be an excellent football game, a classic Valley battle (as will be our game). I'll be in my seat in Dykhouse Stadium but will be recording the NDSU/USD game.

Comment

How much fun is this?

Or...

I will be shocked if USD wins in Fargo. I know USD is better this year, but Streveler looked like last years version against UNI by throwing a pick in the endzone and then a pick six in the 4th quarter.

Anyway, I would bet that USD is already in the playoffs even if they lose out and finish 7-4. They have an FBS win that will put them ahead of other teams with that record.

Best case scenario for the Jacks is they finish 9-2 and USD gets to go to Montana in the first round with the winner to Fargo. The Jacks would then face Weber/San Diego or something like that. Hopefully the Jacks are on the other side of the bracket from NDSU. Going to be a fun couple weeks.

Comment

Week 10 Results:
                          NDSU @ SDSU 21-33
                          WIU @ ISU-red 31-14
                          YSU @ ISU-blue 66-24
                          MSU @ SIU 36-28
                          USD @ UNI 29-34

Standings and Remaining Games:
                          NDSU (5-1)(8-1) USD, @ISU-red
                          USD (4-2)(7-2) @NDSU, SDSU
                          SDSU (4-2)(7-2) ISU-red, @USD
                          ISU-red (4-2)(6-3) @SDSU, NDSU
                          UNI (4-2)(5-4) @MSU, ISU-blue
                          WIU (3-3)(6-3) @ISU-blue, SIU
                          SIU (2-4)(4-5) YSU, @WIU
                          YSU (2-4)(4-5) @SIU, MSU
                          MSU (2-4)(3-6) UNI, @YSU
                          ISU-blue (0-6)(0-9) WIU, @UNI

Week 11 Schedule:
                          ISU-red @ SDSU
                          WIU @ ISU-blue
                          YSU @ SIU
                          UNI @ MSU
                          USD @ NDSU
                          Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                            Why? If anything I would say we want UNI to win out and them beating USD helped us because it makes our loss look better.
                            I think you missed something. I said a UNI CHOKE meaning UNI loses one or both games. A very faint hope I must say.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
                              Week 10 Results:
                              NDSU @ SDSU 21-33
                              WIU @ ISU-red 31-14
                              YSU @ ISU-blue 66-24
                              MSU @ SIU 36-28
                              USD @ UNI 29-34

Standings and Remaining Games:
                              NDSU (5-1)(8-1) USD, @ISU-red
                              USD (4-2)(7-2) @NDSU, SDSU
                              SDSU (4-2)(7-2) ISU-red, @USD
                              ISU-red (4-2)(6-3) @SDSU, NDSU
                              UNI (4-2)(5-4) @MSU, ISU-blue
                              WIU (3-3)(6-3) @ISU-blue, SIU
                              SIU (2-4)(4-5) YSU, @WIU
                              YSU (2-4)(4-5) @SIU, MSU
                              MSU (2-4)(3-6) UNI, @YSU
                              ISU-blue (0-6)(0-9) WIU, @UNI

Week 11 Schedule:
                              ISU-red @ SDSU
                              WIU @ ISU-blue
                              YSU @ SIU
                              UNI @ MSU
                              USD @ NDSU
                              The top 4 teams in conference had the toughest games remaining. Uni and western should win both IMHO. If isu R gets one win. That means we should have 6 teams with 7 wins. That's great for the playoffs.
                              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

I think you missed something. I said a UNI CHOKE meaning UNI loses one or both games. A very faint hope I must say.
                                If UNI loses on of its remaining games it will make our hobo day loss even worse. As it would a blowout at home to a non playoff team. If they win out they will likely be a playoff team which makes out loss to them look not so bad. We don't want any team we beat to lose to anyone else, that is what makes it a good win and we don't want anyone we lose to lose to anyone else because that would make it a "good loss".

Comment

Working...
                                X