Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: MVFC 2017 Scores and Stats

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
    That is no joke. Are there more than 2 games where anyone is 100% sure the Jacks will win? If this conference doesn't get 6 into the playoffs this year it will be an injustice.
    It is hard to get 6 in when you are beating up on each other every week.

Comment

According to the AGS poll (best poll out there), 6 MVFC teams in the top 10. Wow.

Copied from AGS (http://www.anygivensaturday.com/show...-25-2017/page2)

AGS Poll Results - Week 4 - 09/25/2017

Rank Team: Total Points First Place Votes Previous Wk.
      1 James Madison Dukes 1996 76 1
      2 North Dakota State Bison 1916 4 2
      3 South Dakota State Jackrabbits 1808 3
      4 Sam Houston State Bearkats 1733 4
      5 Jacksonville State Gamecocks 1627 5
      6 Youngstown State Penguins 1540 6
      7 South Dakota Coyotes 1390 10
      8 Wofford Terriers 1355 8
      9 Western Illinois Leathernecks 1345 14
      10 Illinois State Redbirds 1258 12
      11 The Citadel Bulldogs 1211 11
      12 Central Arkansas Bears 1107 13
      13 Eastern Washington Eagles 990 15
      14 Villanova Wildcats 796 7
      15 New Hampshire Wildcats 753 16
      16 Albany Great Danes 740 24
      17 Weber State Wildcats 719 20
      18 North Carolina A&T Aggies 691 18
      19 Richmond Spiders 558 9
      20 Tennessee-Martin Skyhawks 533 28
      21 Elon Phoenix 509 32
      22 Stony Brook Seawolves 367 26
      23 Montana State Bobcats 147 NR
      24 Western Carolina Catamounts 139 NR
      25 Southern Illinois Salukis 104 31
      ORV:
      26 Samford Bulldogs 93 17
      27T Maine Black Bears 67 27
      27T William & Mary Tribe 67 33
      29 Tennessee State Tigers 62 21
      30 Chattanooga Mocs 47 35
      31 Delaware Fightin' Blue Hens 41 38
      32 Grambling State Tigers 39 39
      33 Princeton Tigers 34 37
      34 McNeese State Cowboys 33 NR
      35 Holy Cross Crusaders 32 23
      36 Pennsylvania Quakers 25 NR
      38T Nicholls State Colonels 19 22
      38T North Dakota Fighting Hawks 19 19
      39 Yale Bulldogs 15 NR
      40 Northern Iowa Panthers 13 34
      Most Significant Win: Elon Phoenix
      Most Significant Loss: Richmond Spiders
      Fell Out Of Poll:
      Colgate Raiders
      Idaho State Bengals
      Montana Grizzlies
      Southern Utah Thunderbirds

Comment

Originally posted by Justwin View Post
        It is hard to get 6 in when you are beating up on each other every week.
        The committee will reward the conference as long as the good teams don't lose to the bad ones. A loss to Misery State or the Trees and your playoff chances take a hit. I just hope they spread the conference teams out a bit so that we all don't end up facing one another in the 2nd round.
        -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

The committee will reward the conference as long as the good teams don't lose to the bad ones. A loss to Misery State or the Trees and your playoff chances take a hit. I just hope they spread the conference teams out a bit so that we all don't end up facing one another in the 2nd round.
          That's a nice thought but we have seen it happen before.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackedforlife View Post
            I bet USeD has no confidence issues going in there this week. Question is what is the overall over/under on that game. Two offenses playing well and 2 defenses playing well. It could be 52-47 or 13-10. Any word on the line for this game.

....oh, and it is Nielson's homecoming in Macomb, lots of great storylines for this game.
            The total is 65, pretty high. The spread started with WIU favored by a few, but has swung all the way to USD being favored by 7. I am really confused by this, as I think the game could go either way. Seems to be a lot of value in WIU at that line.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
              The total is 65, pretty high. The spread started with WIU favored by a few, but has swung all the way to USD being favored by 7. I am really confused by this, as I think the game could go either way. Seems to be a lot of value in WIU at that line.
              65 does seem high to me. IMO, this will be both teams first game against good defenses. I would put the over/under around 50 range. I just don't see anyone scoring more than 25 points. Of course, there is probably a good reason I am in management and not running a sports book. I don't know if the quality of USD's opponents gives me the confidence to take them at 7. Of course the same could be said of taking the points and WIU. This is one of the games that I stay away from this early in the season.

Wagering on CFB the first few weeks is dangerous since you never get a grasp on how good/bad someone is because of scheduling.

Comment

65 does seem high to me. IMO, this will be both teams first game against good defenses. I would put the over/under around 50 range. I just don't see anyone scoring more than 25 points. Of course, there is probably a good reason I am in management and not running a sports book. I don't know if the quality of USD's opponents gives me the confidence to take them at 7. Of course the same could be said of taking the points and WIU. This is one of the games that I stay away from this early in the season.

Wagering on CFB the first few weeks is dangerous since you never get a grasp on how good/bad someone is because of scheduling.
                See the Fighting Hawks...although I'd say injuries have had a large impact.

Comment

I wonder what the over/under is for Strevler getting hurt this season before they have a chance to really do anything

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930AZ using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
                    I wonder what the over/under is for Strevler getting hurt this season before they have a chance to really do anything

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930AZ using Tapatalk
                    His 50 rushing attempts in three games (two of which were blowouts) tells me that Coyote fans should be really nervous about this. That's suicide in the notoriously physical MVFC.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
                      His 50 rushing attempts in three games (two of which were blowouts) tells me that Coyote fans should be really nervous about this. That's suicide in the notoriously physical MVFC.
                      I know that I am worried about TC's health and he isn't used nearly the same way that Strevler is utilized.

I really hope that he stays healthy for a couple reasons:
                      1) Without him USD would really struggle. That would hurt the conference overall come playoffs
                      2) When SDSU beats them the yote fans won't be able to use his injury as a "what if"

Comment

I would say that TC is way more brittle than Strev.
                        Originally posted by JackFan96
                        Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

I'll agree to a certain extent...I wouldn't say "way more" though. The difference is that TC isn't being asked to carry it 20 times a game...the Marker game last year was not the norm and they kept running him because it was there. USeD runs Streveler by design...a lot and I do not see that gameplan going away anytime soon for them, especially in the Valley.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackedforlife View Post
                            I'll agree to a certain extent...I wouldn't say "way more" though. The difference is that TC isn't being asked to carry it 20 times a game...the Marker game last year was not the norm and they kept running him because it was there. USeD runs Streveler by design...a lot and I do not see that gameplan going away anytime soon for them, especially in the Valley.
                            I would also say that TC knows his limits. He is very good at avoiding those big hits that knock a guy out. Streveler, in my eyes, is a running back that happens to play QB.

Comment

Here is my waaaaaay too early in the season prediction...

The winner of the USD/WIU game gets in the playoffs. The loser does not. This is the game I'm most looking forward to besides ours.
                              I'm also going to predict that SIU beats UNI this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Bits View Post
                                Here is my waaaaaay too early in the season prediction...

The winner of the USD/WIU game gets in the playoffs. The loser does not. This is the game I'm most looking forward to besides ours.
                                I'm also going to predict that SIU beats UNI this weekend.
                                Both teams play NDSU, SDSU, Ill St, and YSU. The loser of this game could very well end up with 4+ losses on the schedule. Of course the same could be said of the SDSU/YSU game as well. Take a look at the schedules of the top teams in the conference. It is completely ridiculous.

Comment

Working...
                                X