Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT: Duquesne Dukes

Originally posted by Jackedforlife View Post
    I believe they had a dozen fans or so versus other teams that may bring a few hundred to a thousand(not incl. the Bison). They had an alum that came that was very impressed with the team, facilities, coaches and fans.

I have to think Genant slides out to tackle for the forseeable future and a young gun steps in at guard. Whether that is Miller or Domandle remains to be seen. Again, truly impressed with how all the true/rs freshman played. They are bringing depth and athleticism into the organization. I was impressed with our special teams coverage as well. There seemed to be a different buzz, and every man out there, D or Special teams was flying to the ball. The only solo tackle I think was Kellen's sack. Which was impressive, straight out bulled in there.
    I'm sure you are exaggerating but Backhaus's open field tackle in the flat stands out to me as a beautiful solo tackle.
    Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
      I'm sure you are exaggerating but Backhaus's open field tackle in the flat stands out to me as a beautiful solo tackle.
      Yes, I did forget about Logans and I'm sure there were a few others but for the most part that D has the swarming mentality and a swagger.

Any news on why Ogunrinde didn't get any snaps?

Comment

If Weir is out for any games Stig has alluded Greeneway would probably step into his place.

Comment

Yes, I did forget about Logans and I'm sure there were a few others but for the most part that D has the swarming mentality and a swagger.

Got his wisdom teeth out a week before school started. He'll be god to go in a couple weeks.

Comment

I thought Matt Z. mentioned he was out a "few weeks" in chat (with an added note later that coaches didn't offer any additional details on expected recovery).

Comment

I believe they had a dozen fans or so versus other teams that may bring a few hundred to a thousand(not incl. the Bison).
              There were maybe 30 fans that I saw. My parents and I were joshin' around with one prior to the gates opening who had a homemade "Go Dukes" sign because the gate attendant was telling people in shorts that they may want to grab a jacket (because there would be no re-entry if they left during game). Dukes fan's response was that they could buy a sweater in the stadium, and I said we'd be all for him donning a Jacks sweater. Pretty congenial couple that complimented the stadium and SD's beauty. Unfortunately, he also mentioned the Bison when discussing the quality of MVFC. Shortly, thereafter, some tool wearing an NDSU cap showed up; fortunately, that guy was another section south of us.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
                Another excellent blog post.

Not really a rant per se, but did any other season ticket holder have an issue having their ticket scanned? Only one of the three I had scanned correctly, which resulted in my mom and I being sent from the east side to the west side for some reason. In past, they'd just rip off the bottom of the ticket if the scanner did not work properly.

Comment

I thought our safeties (Farina, Balster, etc) played really aggressive. It was fun to see. I think we have upgraded on coaches in that position (Bergstrom by a long ways). I expect to see Wyoming struggle on defense in the pass happy Mountain West.

Comment

Originally posted by csgame View Post
                    I thought our safeties (Farina, Balster, etc) played really aggressive. It was fun to see. I think we have upgraded on coaches in that position (Bergstrom by a long ways). I expect to see Wyoming struggle on defense in the pass happy Mountain West.
                    Bergy is phenomenal. He and his family love Brookings so it will take a big time offer to get them out of here. I think the same could be said about the defensive tackle position. Christian Smith is young but he knows his stuff. He seems to have really connected with the younger players (Hildahl, Barrett, Stacker). I love seeing the defense play with fire. I also think we are more athletic on that side of the ball this year.

Comment

Anyone know why Smenda and Hildahl where in street cloths? I also had the issue with my tickets.
                      Go Big Go Blue ..... Go Jacks

Comment

Originally posted by BigGoosie13 View Post
                        One more thing, Mengarelli has unreal balance, he's like a damn ninja or a cat the way he always lands and stays on his feet.

Anyways, here's the highlights...
                        I love how at the 1:14 mark on TC's long run Goedert takes out a DB. I remember seeing it on the big screen on the replay in the stadium.

With any luck Hildahl and Smenda will be dressing for the MT St game. Not sure what little bugaboos kept them out, we are going to need them in Bozeman.

Comment

Working...
                        X