Game Week: Duquesne

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Game Week: Duquesne

I'm excited to see their 6'-11" 200 lb Defensive Back. He might be able to "get a hand in there" on Weineke.

37 Harris, Sherman DB JR 6-11 200 Bowie, Md./Saint James School
    That's gotta be a typo, no?
    "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
      I'm excited to see their 6'-11" 200 lb Defensive Back. He might be able to "get a hand in there" on Weineke.

I'm guessing so, like our 25 lb FB was a few days ago. I see it is now corrected for Sellers at 245#, I'd assume he is 6-1

Comment

Can't wait for Thursday night! This season is going to be a blast!

Not sure what to think for an attendance guess. My hope is we will have 14,000 plus but it isn't that easy for many to make it for Thursday night game. It kind of feels like a Thanksgiving weekend playoff game attendance to me. The plus being that the students will be here. Will they turn out? Hope so! My gut says 9,000. It would also be disappointing.

Either way, my crew will be there loud and proud!

SUPERBUNNY
        MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post
          Can't wait for Thursday night! This season is going to be a blast!

Not sure what to think for an attendance guess. My hope is we will have 14,000 plus but it isn't that easy for many to make it for Thursday night game. It kind of feels like a Thanksgiving weekend playoff game attendance to me. The plus being that the students will be here. Will they turn out? Hope so! My gut says 9,000. It would also be disappointing.

Either way, my crew will be there loud and proud!

SUPERBUNNY
          I am guessing 12-13k.
          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Still no news on Duquesne. (Literally...try to find recent info on Duquesne football.) Must be some sort of new stealth technology applied to sports teams. The Dukes are the pre-season pick to win the NEC and we know they have a great running back. That seems to be about the extent of knowledge about the team.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
              Still no news on Duquesne. (Literally...try to find recent info on Duquesne football.) Must be some sort of new stealth technology applied to sports teams. The Dukes are the pre-season pick to win the NEC and we know they have a great running back. That seems to be about the extent of knowledge about the team.
              Two good LBs and three good OL. Probably Boise St. QB. Read my blog
              Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

FBS Transfer QB, iirc, Boise St.

Comment

I am excited for the game finally but man I am still bummed its Thursday. The plan for now is to have a tailgating and party at my parents with the whole family and watch and wife can take the kids home to go to bed if it gets late for them. hopefully the students make up for the others who wont be able to make it for the game. I expect to see a pretty balanced game with run and pass. I think SDSU would love to try to run a touch more just to get defense honest and slightly open up the pass even more. Really like to see how the defense plays more then anything and hopefully focused on their run.
                  "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Yeah they really have minimal fan support which is somewhat surprising being in the heart of steel country.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackedforlife View Post
                      Yeah they really have minimal fan support which is somewhat surprising being in the heart of steel country.
                      Competing for football fan support with Steelers, PennSt, Pitt, even WVU. Be thankful that SDSU is away from competing fan choices.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by rabidrabbit View Post
                        Competing for football fan support with Steelers, PennSt, Pitt, even WVU. Be thankful that SDSU is away from competing fan choices.

Agreed but even HS FB gets better fan support. One would think FB at Duq should be able to carve a niche' out in the community. I mean the metro are of Pittsburgh has almost 3 times that of South Dakota alone.

Comment

Here's a link to a radio interview with the Duquesne head coach. Seems they were misinformed about our average attendance at DJD. Hope they aren't disappointed when they show up to a crowd half the size they may expect.

http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2017/...season-opener/

Comment

Originally posted by Hareofthedog View Post
                            Please change the thread to Attendance, not game one. Talk about boring stuff on a upcoming opening game.
                            I mean, considering the opponent and general lack of info available for them it's understandable.

As far as the game I'm most curious about how well we shut down their stud rb. If we can't do that we could be in for a season that doesn't match expectations. Hope a certain lb of ours has a chip on his shoulder after losing out to the guy last year. Dusquene should be the best of the NEC, but we should still handle them easily if we expect to be a national title contender this year.

Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Crazy how quick a guy forgets.....sitting here watchin replay of the Cal Poly game from last year.

Our very first drive TC went out injured....Lujan came in and promptly led SDDU to a TD. Not having that proven backup could prove interesting if TC were to go down this year.
                              "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post

You had me nervous, but there are indeed sources that list him at 6'1" here and here.

Comment

Working...
                                X