Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Game Week: Duquesne

Originally posted by goon View Post
    By my house in SF the intersection by the train tracks needed to be replaced. a few years ago they did. the whole stretch of road. took all summer, but it was nice and smooth and didn't rattle the car going over the train tracks. it was great when they were done. Not more then a couple weeks later. the area right by the train tracks is where the sewer lines apparently go. they tore up the entire area they just finished and was really nice, replaced the sewer lines, then half assed finishing it, so they area going over the train tracks is rough and not smooth anymore. That's a face palm for the city for sure. since I don't live in the rich part of town I can guess it will be a good while before that intersection and traintrack area get fixed nicely again.

As far as the game goes I will still be working till 5, so will get my gear on and go over to my parents and watch it with family on midco. Thank you midco for having the game on. If I haven't mentioned I hate Thursday games, I hate Thursday games.
    when I was working for the USBP in Marysville, Michigan the main road I took to work went through the rail yard where you could be held up for an hour and a half waiting for the trains to move. they decided to build an over pass above the tracks which shut the road down for two years causing me a longer route to work. when they finished that the state decided to rebuild the interstate and bridges, so the road remained closed another two years which by the time it reopened I was retired for a year.

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post
      I'm just hoping to get there early enough to get the "swagnets" they're handing out to the early fans.
      Did I miss something?

Comment

Here's a preview of all of the MVFC games this week with a short write up about the Jacks game including a prediction.

http://thefcswedge.com/mvfc/mvfc-week-1-preview/

Also, fwiw, to follow up on Sagarin at -24, 5dimes has it at -22.5.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
          Did I miss something?
          Magnets that they are giving away to first 2500 i believe.
          Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
            Magnets that they are giving away to first 2500 i believe.
            Is there a tweet with a picture or something? I want to see just how cool they are to determine if I need to make sure I'm early enough!

Comment

Game preview from Duquesne including a video of an interview with their coach:

http://www.goduquesne.com/sports/m-f...082817aah.html

Here's some highlights from AJ Hines' season. Not to take anything away from him, but there's no way he gets near as many yards/TDs in the MVFC. Rozeboom kind of got jobbed out of the Jerry Rice award imo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xh_OUwXA-mU

Here's a replay of their game against Youngstown St.. Their defense really struggled tackling YSU, especially their DBs. Doesn't bode well for them heading into tomorrow night.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06t4Yn0Ezws

Comment

Here's some highlights from AJ Hines' season. Not to take anything away from him, but there's no way he gets near as many yards/TDs in the MVFC. Rozeboom kind of got jobbed out of the Jerry Rice award imo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xh_OUwXA-mU
                Well, Rozeboom will get his chance to prove it tomorrow night. I would anticipate 20-25 carries for Hines.
                Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Well, Rozeboom will get his chance to prove it tomorrow night. I would anticipate 20-25 carries for Hines.
                  I have usually felt we do better with power running backs then shifty backs. So hopefully they plan to go up the middle which I feel we can handle better. Seems we can play as physical as anybody in the country, its the quick shifty backs that seem to give us problems we cant contain as well.
                  "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Here's a preview of all of the MVFC games this week with a short write up about the Jacks game including a prediction.

http://thefcswedge.com/mvfc/mvfc-week-1-preview/

Also, fwiw, to follow up on Sagarin at -24, 5dimes has it at -22.5.

So in this case the smart play is not to place a bet since there is not enough data?

Comment

• Re: Game Week: Duquesne

Did I miss something?
                      As WSR mentioned, they're doling out schedule magnets to first couple thousand fans; only other detail I got in email was that Golden Harvest is sponsoring. Looks like they're trying to entice the students with sunglasses, and they must not trust the FB fans with "rally towels" based on this promo schedule.

Comment

Guess, I'll have to dial up my prediction and say Rozeboom forces one of Hines' fumbles.

Comment

I was just reading an email from the university and it mentions no hard liquor in the tailgating lots, beer and wine only. Has that always been the rule? I guess I haven't paid attention in previous years.
                          One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Originally posted by BitsTD View Post
                            Me too. I need one for my garage fridge.
                            Can never have too much Jacks swag.

Comment

Originally posted by ringthebells View Post
                              I was just reading an email from the university and it mentions no hard liquor in the tailgating lots, beer and wine only. Has that always been the rule? I guess I haven't paid attention in previous years.
                              Yes. It is not enforced as long as you aren't walking around with a 750 of whisky. We have Bloody Mary bar and hard drinks all the time. Just don't be stupid with it. Only rule I know about.
                              "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                              "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by ringthebells View Post
                                I know that there was no liquor in the club seating area. I missed the email about the lots requesting no liquor. The tailgating rules on gojacks are not updated for 2017.

http://sidearm.sites.s3.amazonaws.co...ng_Policy_.pdf
                                Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Working...
                                X