Game Week: Duquesne

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Game Week: Duquesne

Taking off work at 11:30 am Thursday to make the five and a half hour drive to Estelline. Get there in time to drop off my things at my sisters and pick up the brother-in-law for the game and head back in to Brookings to pick up the tickets.

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
      FYI ALL: the northbound exit for 6th St is CLOSED. All traffic coming from the south will have to use the bypass exit or the Elkton exit. This was very short-sighted by the SD DOT as they could have easily done there bridges in a different order. It would be nice if they got like 14 thousand complaints.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930AZ using Tapatalk

P.S. it looked as though it could be open for the next home game
      Thanks for this information. It helped me finalize my plan to use the Elkton exit when venturing from SF.

Comment

Originally posted by Evolution Prime View Post
        Taking off work at 11:30 am Thursday to make the five and a half hour drive to Estelline. Get there in time to drop off my things at my sisters and pick up the brother-in-law for the game and head back in to Brookings to pick up the tickets.
        You may get the trophy for longest drive to game! Go Jacks!!
        Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by Justwin View Post
          I'm happy this game is Thursday. 2 less days to wait!
          That is the silver lining, although if this goes into OT, I am going to want to find a stuffed Duke mascot (or even an actual one) to pulverize.

Comment

Man reading Matt Zimmers comments he s awful worried about our DTs and OLB, about make me nervous going up against a good run game. But the experience will be priceless for our young guys.
            Go Big Go Blue ..... Go Jacks

Comment

Sagarin (It's early) has the Jacks -24

Comment

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post
                Any key injuries to worry about? (ie Rumor started on bisonville that Goedert was seen in a boot with a calf injury, weird how no media knows about this).
                Zimmer from the Argus is/was at practice today and tweeted a picture of Goedert in uniform.

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post
                  Thanks for this information. It helped me finalize my plan to use the Elkton exit when venturing from SF.
                  I'd take the bypass exit and then turn straight into the backyard. The Elkton exit will force you to drive thru town...and that is a nightmare.
                  -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

I really like this match up for us to start the season. They are far from a pushover, so they'll challenge us. Yet, there is a large enough talent gap where the chances of losing the game is minimal.

Hope we get some young guys some PT and Duquesne gives us some good tape to work with for the following week against Montana State.
                    If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                    - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Gojacks2487 View Post
                      Man reading Matt Zimmers comments he s awful worried about our DTs and OLB, about make me nervous going up against a good run game. But the experience will be priceless for our young guys.
                      This is what I'm worried about. If they're dominant, then SDSU is a contender. I'm really worried about this group.

Anyways, looking forward to the game!
                      Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
                        I'd take the bypass exit and then turn straight into the backyard. The Elkton exit will force you to drive thru town...and that is a nightmare.
                        That'd likely be my preference on a Sat., but I normally park on the south side of campus to avoid post-game traffic. I'm just hoping to get there early enough to get the "swagnets" they're handing out to the early fans.

Comment

Or 22nd (1st RH Turn) to Hy-Vee then to Medary or various other options.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930AZ using Tapatalk

Comment

I would use the bypass exit when coming to the game. But I would suggest the Elkton exit for departure and head out of town using Main St. They have installed temporary lights at the bypass exit and when busy, it gets really backed up. Move in weekend...the bypass intersection was really backed up and slow as there is a lack of turning lanes. Slow lights with no turning lanes means traffic can hardly move. Now I hope they realize this and put cops out there to control this traffic but I wouldn't bet on that.

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post
                              I'm just hoping to get there early enough to get the "swagnets" they're handing out to the early fans.
                              Me too. I need one for my garage fridge.

Comment

Games Notes for the Dukes: http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/...0170828aaa.pdf
                                Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Working...
                                X