Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Game Week: Duquesne

Originally posted by goon View Post
    I love a schedule like this. No FBS is great, 2 home 1 road non conference games that are good games but all winnable. its the best schedule we have had in years imho. aside from the Thursday game
    what is wrong with FBS games? National TV, Great exposure after a W. No downside

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
      Does this apply to the backyard? If so it is a ****ing mess again. The Agropur cheese contest thing is from 3-5 as listed on the poster that came with the packet. I'm going out there at 2pm to paint my wheel, get my tent up, and drink a beer.
      I just assumed, North Tailgate Lot referred to the Backyard. So your guess is as good as mine. I was planning on taking the afternoon off from work and going to the Backyard but then I got this email on Saturday, so my plans changed. Was none too happy.

Hoping I misinterpreted the email.?>!

Comment

Originally posted by scbison View Post
        what is wrong with FBS games? National TV, Great exposure after a W. No downside
        As long as you can win most of them. we have one win against them. I would rather watch my jacks play at home personally so my reasons may be a bit more selfish then others. but a schedule with 6 home and 5 road games sure sounds like more fun to me. if there is a 12 games a year, fine go FBS and have 6 home and away.
        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

By my house in SF the intersection by the train tracks needed to be replaced. a few years ago they did. the whole stretch of road. took all summer, but it was nice and smooth and didn't rattle the car going over the train tracks. it was great when they were done. Not more then a couple weeks later. the area right by the train tracks is where the sewer lines apparently go. they tore up the entire area they just finished and was really nice, replaced the sewer lines, then half assed finishing it, so they area going over the train tracks is rough and not smooth anymore. That's a face palm for the city for sure. since I don't live in the rich part of town I can guess it will be a good while before that intersection and traintrack area get fixed nicely again.

As far as the game goes I will still be working till 5, so will get my gear on and go over to my parents and watch it with family on midco. Thank you midco for having the game on. If I haven't mentioned I hate Thursday games, I hate Thursday games.
          They call that "City planning" They have a whole department for this I think. Nice job of scheduling the work in the proper order in which it should be done. It's all too common of an occurrence in SF unfortunately.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
            They call that "City planning" They have a whole department for this I think. Nice job of scheduling the work in the proper order in which it should be done. It's all too common of an occurrence in SF unfortunately.
            I think someone was sick when they had the meeting for that section. oh well the sewer line things are updated and the road going over the tracks sucks like usual. but man for those couple weeks it sure was nice and smooth and easy rolling.
            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

I predict a 44-13 Jackrabbit victory in front of 15,000 fans. I'm not too excited about a Thursday game, but a Saturday game over Labor Day weekend would have been a disaster attendancewise. I hope the Dykhouse is filled with drunk, rowdy college kids. Go Jacks!
              One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

I don't see this as anything but a warm-up and will predict a final score of 49-10. I am not sure on the attendance as it is a Thursday, but will say anywhere from 9,000 to 15,000. Hopefully the students stay for the second half if it is a blowout early.

Comment

I'm happy this game is Thursday. 2 less days to wait!

Comment

I am going 45-10 and 12k and I still hate Thursday games.

Comment

Your just not gonna weaken on the Thursday deal are ya?

Comment

Im going to go with 41-21 Jacks, 13K attendance. Im skeptical of the Jacks defense, and I remember a couple garbage scores by Drake last year to make that game look a lot tighter than it really was. I would love for the Jacks to make a statement but I wouldn't be surprised if they win by less than 20.

Comment

What a whiner! Driving a he'll of a lot further than Sioux Falls for the game. It's not like we didn't know it was going to be a Thursday game for some time now.

Comment

Originally posted by Justwin View Post
                            Your just not gonna weaken on the Thursday deal are ya?
                            nope, taking a 3 and 6 year old on Thursday and its late getting back to SF and have to work the next morning and kids cant sleep in. And no way I am taking PTO either day for a football game that should be on Saturday. Saturday game we have 4 or 6 people there. Thursday, and I am just glad midco does a good job with their coverage.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                              What a whiner! Driving a he'll of a lot further than Sioux Falls for the game. It's not like we didn't know it was going to be a Thursday game for some time now.
                              I hated it when I was announced it was a Thursday game.

I am glad you and others will be going on a Thursday.

Comment

I'm feeling 45-17. I really didn't like the late scores we gave up to Drake last year and I hope it doesn't happen in this one or the upcoming Drake game. I want to see some killer mentality (which I know isn't Stig's strength, but it would be nice to see). No mercy.

Comment

Working...
                                X