Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Game Week: Duquesne

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post
    You had me nervous, but there are indeed sources that list him at 6'1" here and here.
    I wish he was 6' 11". I wouldn't be worried about a guy that size staying close enough to Jake to matter if he put his hand up or not.

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
      Crazy how quick a guy forgets.....sitting here watchin replay of the Cal Poly game from last year.

Our very first drive TC went out injured....Lujan came in and promptly led SDDU to a TD. Not having that proven backup could prove interesting if TC were to go down this year.
      U got it. Sunday night Midco reran the SDSU-USD game. Much closer game than I had recalled. SDSU executed several plays including a Pick to put the game away in final seconds. I expect a real barn burner in Vermillion later this year. I just had heart surgery so my nephew will take my place at the Duquesne game, but otherwise plan to be in the stands. I understand Midco will be doing the Duquesne game.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
        I understand Midco will be doing the Duquesne game.
        Also available online via Espn3 for those living in "non-Midco" territory.

Comment

FYI ALL: the northbound exit for 6th St is CLOSED. All traffic coming from the south will have to use the bypass exit or the Elkton exit. This was very short-sighted by the SD DOT as they could have easily done there bridges in a different order. It would be nice if they got like 14 thousand complaints.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930AZ using Tapatalk

P.S. it looked as though it could be open for the next home game

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
            FYI ALL: the northbound exit for 6th St is CLOSED. All traffic coming from the south will have to use the bypass exit or the Elkton exit. This was very short-sighted by the SD DOT as they could have easily done there bridges in a different order. It would be nice if they got like 14 thousand complaints.

Meh...I'm guessing there was good reason to do the bridges and exits in the order they did and it wasn't just decided at random. Additionally, exit 133 is probably a better entrance to Brookings for those heading to the stadium anyway. Additionally Additionally, the contractor for that project has been really great to work with from an SDSU perspective throughout the project, including getting major pieces completed prior to move-in weekend a few weeks ago taking much of the burden off of those days for many more families and visitors than will be visiting DJD this week. I think we'll survive the small disruption for one Thursday night football game and they (contractor or SD DOT) probably don't deserve thousands of complaints.
            "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

They poured the concrete for the northbound off-ramp yesterday but I doubt it will be ready for the game Thursday. Regardless, you don't want to use the main 6th St. exit (132) anyways with all the other construction. Avoid it unless you really need to get a Qdoba, Culvers, KFC or Taco Express fix.

This was not short sighted at all as the bridges being out have no bearing on which on and off ramps are closed/open. This is the last of the 4 ramps they need to finish as they've already done the other 3. They aren't going alter an entire construction timeline for some football games. It took them nearly 4 months to tear down the west bound bridge and replace it. The east bound bridge has now been removed and so it will be interesting if they get that rebuilt before winter.

Comment

Read where the northbound exit would open no earlier than 9/2. As has been stated avoid 6th street between the interstate and 22nd Ave at all costs. Take the bypass exit(133) or Elton/Sinai(127). 2 DAYS!

Comment

I spoke with the ticket office yesterday and was told that tailgating opens up at 4:00. Does anyone know if this is true? I thought it would be 2:00?

Comment

Originally posted by Jackbacker123 View Post
                    I spoke with the ticket office yesterday and was told that tailgating opens up at 4:00. Does anyone know if this is true? I thought it would be 2:00?
                    Yes it's true.

Email from Athletic Dept. to individuals who have Tailgate Spots in the Backyard:

"Good Afternoon,

Another football season is almost upon us. As we gear up for the first game on Thursday, August 31st we would like to share some important information on the north tailgate lot. For the first time, we will be hosting a football game simultaneously with a regular academic day. As a result, we need to make some accommodations that will benefit all entities. For Thursday night’s game, all parking lots will be available to football spectators starting at 4:00 pm. This will help our students/staff and still allow enough time for tailgating. We look forward to having you out for the game and appreciate all your support for Jackrabbit Football!"

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                      Yes it's true.

Email from Athletic Dept. to individuals who have Tailgate Spots in the Backyard:

"Good Afternoon,

Another football season is almost upon us. As we gear up for the first game on Thursday, August 31st we would like to share some important information on the north tailgate lot. For the first time, we will be hosting a football game simultaneously with a regular academic day. As a result, we need to make some accommodations that will benefit all entities. For Thursday night’s game, all parking lots will be available to football spectators starting at 4:00 pm. This will help our students/staff and still allow enough time for tailgating. We look forward to having you out for the game and appreciate all your support for Jackrabbit Football!"
                      Does this apply to the backyard? If so it is a ****ing mess again. The Agropur cheese contest thing is from 3-5 as listed on the poster that came with the packet. I'm going out there at 2pm to paint my wheel, get my tent up, and drink a beer.
                      Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

By my house in SF the intersection by the train tracks needed to be replaced. a few years ago they did. the whole stretch of road. took all summer, but it was nice and smooth and didn't rattle the car going over the train tracks. it was great when they were done. Not more then a couple weeks later. the area right by the train tracks is where the sewer lines apparently go. they tore up the entire area they just finished and was really nice, replaced the sewer lines, then half assed finishing it, so they area going over the train tracks is rough and not smooth anymore. That's a face palm for the city for sure. since I don't live in the rich part of town I can guess it will be a good while before that intersection and traintrack area get fixed nicely again.

As far as the game goes I will still be working till 5, so will get my gear on and go over to my parents and watch it with family on midco. Thank you midco for having the game on. If I haven't mentioned I hate Thursday games, I hate Thursday games.
                        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

I'll just go on record with my yearly "first game isn't here yet" post.

I'm worried about Duquesne.

(I'm this way, every single season).

Comment

Originally posted by da_coach View Post

If we win 38-25 I will worry, I expect more a 45-10 score. I feel we should avg 40+ points all year, and defense needs to keep it under 20 a game if we feel we are contenders. It just sets the tone for the whole year. a nice dominating win shows we are off to good start. game 2 will be a great chance to see being on the road.
                            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

Originally posted by da_coach View Post

Initially I was disappointed with the out of conference schedule for this year (no FBS game and no elite FCS games), but I now think it is exactly what this team needs. Duquesne is a game that we should win by 14 or more, but they will give our inexperienced D-line and linebackers a legitimate challenge to get their feet wet. We then move on to a hostile environment in Montana State. I realize they are probably down a little this year, but they are historically a top 25 team and they should be headed in the right direction at least. We then get our cupcake in Drake heading into the conference portion of the schedule. This sets up well to get guys needed experience without handicapping the entire season with couple of losses right out of the gate.

Comment

Originally posted by Bits View Post
                                Initially I was disappointed with the out of conference schedule for this year (no FBS game and no elite FCS games), but I now think it is exactly what this team needs. Duquesne is a game that we should win by 14 or more, but they will give our inexperienced D-line and linebackers a legitimate challenge to get their feet wet. We then move on to a hostile environment in Montana State. I realize they are probably down a little this year, but they are historically a top 25 team and they should be headed in the right direction at least. We then get our cupcake in Drake heading into the conference portion of the schedule. This sets up well to get guys needed experience without handicapping the entire season with couple of losses right out of the gate.

I love a schedule like this. No FBS is great, 2 home 1 road non conference games that are good games but all winnable. its the best schedule we have had in years imho. aside from the Thursday game

Comment

Working...
                                X