Reese's Senior Bowl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reese's Senior Bowl

They released their watch list of 400 players today.

Dallas Goedert, Jake Wieneke, and Kellen Soulek all made the it. The list will be narrowed down to 105 or so players at the end of the season.

https://twitter.com/jackillustrated/...68006564974592
    Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Re: Reese's Senior Bowl

Nice article by the Star Tribune about Jake's NFL chances and not getting offered by the Gophers. Reading it makes it sound like a sore foot may have led us to acquire the best receiver in program history.

The Star also ranked Jake #2 on their list of "Top 10 Minnesotans in College Football - Who Aren't Wearing Maroon and Gold".
    If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
    - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
      Nice article by the Star Tribune about Jake's NFL chances and not getting offered by the Gophers. Reading it makes it sound like a sore foot may have led us to acquire the best receiver in program history.

The Star also ranked Jake #2 on their list of "Top 10 Minnesotans in College Football - Who Aren't Wearing Maroon and Gold".
      With any luck the Vikes will draft him next year. Adam Thielen has been reliable, and Wieneke seems likely to equal, if not exceed, Thielen's performance.

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post
        With any luck the Vikes will draft him next year. Adam Thielen has been reliable, and Wieneke seems likely to equal, if not exceed, Thielen's performance.
        Please no, I want him to be on a good team. Catching passes from Rodgers would be a hell of a good way to start

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post
          Please no, I want him to be on a good team. Catching passes from Rodgers would be a hell of a good way to start

I'm just going to pick a random team and say the Bills take him, and Goedert goes to the Dolphins (cuz, why not?)
          I'd rather see Wieneke and Goedert make it to teams where they can help the program, not to teams that already have players and they end up on the bench.

(I truly picked random teams for them to go to; I have no reason for picking those teams and have no idea who they have for players.)
          Rollin' in my 5.0
          With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
          Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

Comment

Cart, horse, people...

That being said, it'll be great when Jake is catching TD passes from "The Truth" in Chicago.
            - Steven Wright

Comment

Guess we'll see. Finding out Goedert is a Cheesehead during one of the games last year was downright hurtful, and the Packers drafting either would be a dagger in my purple-bleeding heart.

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
                Cart, horse, people...

That being said, it'll be great when Jake is catching TD passes from "The Truth" in Chicago.
                Is that his nickname? Figured it might be "The Biscuit" or "Bisque" for the sophisticates.

Comment

Originally posted by THE PRIDE IS BACK!!! View Post
                  I'm just going to pick a random team and say the Bills take him, and Goedert goes to the Dolphins (cuz, why not?)
                  I'd rather see Wieneke and Goedert make it to teams where they can help the program, not to teams that already have players and they end up on the bench.

(I truly picked random teams for them to go to; I have no reason for picking those teams and have no idea who they have for players.)
                  Fair point, but let's say the Vikings take Goedert. He could be groomed as Rudolph's replacement (a TE who has dealt with some injury issues during his NFL career), and the Vikings signed Floyd to supplement their current WR corps, so it would seem likely that Wieneke would represent more than a bench/ST player. I've mentioned before that both excel as downfield blockers, which would bolster their chances of moving up depth charts.

Comment

Is that his nickname? Figured it might be "The Biscuit" or "Bisque" for the sophisticates.
                    It's the nickname I've dubbed upon Trubisky since the Bears drafted him, though I'd love for it to catch on.

*And no, don't give me that BS that it's Paul Pierce's nickname. Nobody called him that. It was just part of a bad marketing campaign.
                    - Steven Wright

Comment

Fair point, but let's say the Vikings take Goedert. He could be groomed as Rudolph's replacement (a TE who has dealt with some injury issues during his NFL career), and the Vikings signed Floyd to supplement their current WR corps, so it would seem likely that Wieneke would represent more than a bench/ST player. I've mentioned before that both excel as downfield blockers, which would bolster their chances of moving up depth charts.
                      If Goedert stays on the same level he is right now (#1 TE), there is no way a team will be drafting him to be a back-up. I think that a team would be taking him to fill an immediate need on the roster.

JW is a different story. I think that he would probably start out as a team's #4 or 5 WR and earn his playing time. I'm thinking a similar track to Zenner, once you get him on the field it will be very hard to take him back off.
                      -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
                        If Goedert stays on the same level he is right now (#1 TE), there is no way a team will be drafting him to be a back-up. I think that a team would be taking him to fill an immediate need on the roster.

JW is a different story. I think that he would probably start out as a team's #4 or 5 WR and earn his playing time. I'm thinking a similar track to Zenner, once you get him on the field it will be very hard to take him back off.
                        The speed of the NFL game and complexity of both offensive and defensive schemes would likely dictate draftees' places on the depth chart. That's not a negative appraisal of Goedert's current and future potential. Plus, teams are running two TE sets fairly often, so he could still see significant playing time.

Comment

Working...
                        X