Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Preseason stuff...Mike Daum

Originally posted by goon View Post
    If reed can play the 3 I expect him to have a big year.
    What gives you the impression that Reed will be playing the 3?
    Originally posted by JackFan96
    Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
      IMO the only "true" positions this team has is a 1 and 2. Telly and Daum are hybrids to me. Much like the women's team, this men's team is full of guys that can play on the perimeter as well as with their backs to the basket.
      -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
        I think he's hoping Reid can play more of the 3 vs the 4 he was more or less forced to play last year.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
          I think he's hoping Reid can play more of the 3 vs the 4 he was more or less forced to play last year.
          I don't see anyone else on the team who's better set to be the 4 than Telly, especially given that you need Theisen as a backup to Daum and ***somebody*** to back up Telly. Severyn? One of the freshmen?
          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Yes, and I was wondering why he was hoping that. It's not going to happen.

Comment

Exactly.
              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                Exactly.
                He's played the four every year he's been here. He's a stretch 4 at this point. No one else is taking the four spot.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
                  IMO the only "true" positions this team has is a 1 and 2. Telly and Daum are hybrids to me. Much like the women's team, this men's team is full of guys that can play on the perimeter as well as with their backs to the basket.
                  I'd mostly agree with this, though I'd say the two "true" positions on offense is the 1 and the "post" (basically a 4 that is either on the block or setting ball/back screens near the top of the key). The other positions in the offensive sets are pretty interchangeable.

In terms of Telly, you can call his position what you want on offense, but on defense he is going to be guarding the opposing team's 4, which he has been doing his entire career and that's not likely to change unless he's on the floor with both Daum and Theisen at the same time, which isn't likely to happen often. My guess is that when we do see Daum and Theisen together on the court it will be when Telly is getting a rest.
                  Last edited by Kemo; 11-09-2017, 06:29 PM.
                  If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                  - Steven Wright

Comment

Working...
                  X