Preseason stuff...Mike Daum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Preseason stuff...Mike Daum

I think I like the blues better, but the black might look sharp in person. They are definitely a new school very sleek design. Not the classic heavy jerseys that we're used to. Look at the NBA and most college teams though, that's the way things are going. I agree that they do kind of look like practice unis, but that's kind of the in look due to the emphasis on a more lightweight feel.

Comment

https://twitter.com/summithoops

couple of highlights articles to be found on Summit site from basketball articles
      Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
          Great coverage and Street & Smith no less.

Comment

According to someone close to the program we should expect this to be Mike's last season at SDSU. I see no harm in discussing that. I'm told he will graduate in the spring of 2018 and then use his last year of eligibility as a graduate transfer. This source says Wisconsin with Joe Krabbenhoft. All seems logical to me. I'm going to try and see him play as many games as possible.
            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
              According to someone close to the program we should expect this to be Mike's last season at SDSU. I see no harm in discussing that. I'm told he will graduate in the spring of 2018 and then use his last year of eligibility as a graduate transfer. This source says Wisconsin with Joe Krabbenhoft. All seems logical to me. I'm going to try and see him play as many games as possible.
              Totally believable, and I don't blame him at all. He'll still go down as a Jackrabbit great.
              Originally posted by JackFan96
              Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

As long as he leads us to the Sweet 16 this year first, I'm fine with this. If not, this is bush league.

Good for him though if it does happen. If he goes on to have huge success at a higher level it should only help our recruiting anyway. The more exposure he gets, the higher he'll go in the draft, the better for both him and SDSU.

Comment

If Mike does decide to go this route, I would hope he would pick a college program that has more of a NBA up-tempo style of play than the Badgers. Last year they ranked 329/351 in possessions per game with 66.9. In comparison, the Jacks were 190th with 71.4. Even the Wisconsin players who have been high draft picks have not gone on to great NBA careers. Increasing exposure by itself will not make Mike a more successful NBA player. With the Golden State style pace being the rage in the NBA, I'm not sure going to any college program that likes to slow it down and grind it out would be a good choice.

Comment

His eligibility has to be up...I swear he has played for you guys for the past 8 years already. Good riddance!

Seriously...hope the guy has nothing but success wherever he goes (except when he plays NDSU, of course).

Comment

Originally posted by TransAmBison View Post
                      His eligibility has to be up...I swear he has played for you guys for the past 8 years already. Good riddance!

Seriously...hope the guy has nothing but success wherever he goes (except when he plays NDSU, of course).
                      Kind of always felt the same way about Dexter. Felt like he had six or seven years of eligibility.

SUPERBUNNY
                      MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

i'll admit at first I was kinda shocked that he'd be doing this after graduation...but after considering some of the factors it is understandable. Arguably his best friend in Telly will be finished playing, he can get greater exposure, and he can answer the question about the level of competition he is playing. Sad to see him go if he chooses too but I won't hold it against him. Here's hoping the new cast of characters around him has him reconsidering what he does...

Comment

Originally posted by Jackedforlife View Post
                          i'll admit at first I was kinda shocked that he'd be doing this after graduation...but after considering some of the factors it is understandable. Arguably his best friend in Telly will be finished playing, he can get greater exposure, and he can answer the question about the level of competition he is playing. Sad to see him go if he chooses too but I won't hold it against him. Here's hoping the new cast of characters around him has him reconsidering what he does...
                          I don't know how true it is and to be honest I don't really care. It's entirely Mike's choice to make. If I were him and if it is possible I'd ask an agent or NBA draft expert what their advise would be (I'm assuming he is doing this). If they say you really need to take advantage of this opportunity then find a coach at the Major Conference level that will promise him a starting spot and plenty of time on the floor as well as all the support he needs to develop his game for the next level. Time will tell. Glad we have him for this year.
                          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

With his redshirt year being used he would graduate in 2018, that seems logical and apparently has done above average work in the classroom and taken a normal load of class studies. It does seem logical to me too. Also exposure at Wisconsin would not hurt his NBA future

Comment

Can't fault anyone for doing what they think is best.

I would be curious to know how often this strategy works out as planned. Realistically, not anecdotally.

When I think of places that would showcase a player to the NBA, Wisconsin isn't exactly at the top of the list...
                              “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                                As long as he leads us to the Sweet 16 this year first, I'm fine with this. If not, this is bush league.

Good for him though if it does happen. If he goes on to have huge success at a higher level it should only help our recruiting anyway. The more exposure he gets, the higher he'll go in the draft, the better for both him and SDSU.
                                In my Holiday Express opinion, if Daum takes us to the sweet 16 he will be playing in the NBA next season.
                                “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Working...
                                X