Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Preseason stuff...Mike Daum

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
    Complete garbage you say. Wow. Admin may delete my post. Just relaying info. Don't mean to create anxiety or anger. Have a great Tuesday people.
    If you cite your source and it's legitimate, I will delete my post. You of all people should know better.

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
      If you cite your source and it's legitimate, I will delete my post. You of all people should know better.

I understand both sides of this argument, and I feel Jack MD has earned my tryst in this dept. I get the boards rules and how they are enforced and if I don't like it leave. So I have no problem with that. But if there is somebody within the Ath. Dept that shares this info and does not want their name released I think that is why this stuff happens.

I do come here for inside info and scuttlebutt not just confirmation bias.

Perhaps the use of terms like Likely to vs will be gone are more acceptable? Sorry for this I guess it didn't really add much.

Closing this thread isn't the answer but getting back on topic is.

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
        I understand both sides of this argument, and I feel Jack MD has earned my tryst in this dept. I get the boards rules and how they are enforced and if I don't like it leave. So I have no problem with that. But if there is somebody within the Ath. Dept that shares this info and does not want their name released I think that is why this stuff happens.

I do come here for inside info and scuttlebutt not just confirmation bias.

Perhaps the use of terms like Likely to vs will be gone are more acceptable? Sorry for this I guess it didn't really add much.

Closing this thread isn't the answer but getting back on topic is.

Which is exactly why JackMD needs to name his source, or admit he screwed up. If he was told this confidentially, then he made a mistake by posting the info. If he was told this on the record, there is no problem with naming his source, is there?

Let me be brutally clear here: JackMD made a mistake by posting what he did--he posted either 1) confidential or 2) incomplete information. HE needs to own that.

He can do it in one of three ways: 1) Name the source, 2) admit the mistake of posting off-the-record, confidential info, or 3) do neither and take an enforced vacation from this board.

If this somehow offends anyone's sensibilities, then they need to re-check their own priorities.
        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

#2 is what I did. It's not truly confidential but I respect the person who told me and said post it and identify me if you must to but I'd rather not deal with some of the "morons on that forum". His words, not mine. Maybe he's referring to me?

I'll take my own vacation from the board. Keep up the good work Filbert.
          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Well that escalated quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by TransAmBison View Post
              Well that escalated quickly.
              Without Bisonville help

Comment

Ive been a moderator on a forum for 10 yrs and i guess if you dont like the rules of the forum, dont post or start your own forum with your own rules

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                  Without Bisonville help
                  Couldn't get tickets.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                    #2 is what I did. It's not truly confidential but I respect the person who told me and said post it and identify me if you must to but I'd rather not deal with some of the "morons on that forum". His words, not mine. Maybe he's referring to me?

I'll take my own vacation from the board. Keep up the good work Filbert.
                    Explanation accepted. Thank you.

To all y'all: It's probably a bit melodramatic and maybe clichéd to say, but there really are real, live, actual people's lives involved here. I'd rather not have this board be a place that makes things more difficult for those people than they are anyway--in this one fairly well-defined situation, at any rate. If somebody's fine with being quoted, that's one thing, but if who you're talking to has reservations about taking it public, then maybe YOU shouldn't take it public.

I've basically carved out this one exception while discussing Jackrabbit athletics here. Most everything else is fair game (within reason).

So, I ask the board members . . . are we done here?
                    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Without Bisonville help

Not a helpful comment.
                      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Put me in the "If he leaves, good for, and best of luck to him, if he stays, good for and best of luck to him" category.
                        "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                          Not a helpful comment.
                          No it was not. And I apologize.
                          To get back on topic, Mr Daum is the most athletic player that SDSU has had and I have been watching since the 1953-54 season, which was the final year of basketball coaching of Dr. Reuben "Jack" Frost. A very quiet coach. No foot stumping or any other kind of emotional outbursts. I mention this because we have come a long ways since those days. I do miss the end balcony seats of The Barn. Not only has Mike Daum been a super athlete but also a model citizen. What we seem forget is that he redshirted his first year on campus which pushed him a year ahead in a academic progress without using no eligibility. It surprised me when it was mentioned that Mike would graduate in 2018. I looked on his profile on gojacks and it shows a major in advertising. I doubt we have any grad program in that field.I can't see him taking some basket weaving courses just to get his fourth season in. I feel there is substance to this rumor as there will not be much here to keep him. Unless a GF. Thanks
                          Last edited by Nidaros; 09-19-2017, 04:05 PM.

Comment

No it was not. And I apologize.
                            To get back on topic, Mr Daum is the most athletic player that SDSU has had
                            No...no he isn't. I wouldn't even put him in the top 20 athletically.
                            "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

... To get back on topic, Mr Daum is the most athletic player that SDSU has had and I have been watching since the 1953-54 season, which was the final year of basketball coaching of Dr. Reuben "Jack" Frost. A very quiet coach. No foot stumping or any other kind of emotional outbursts. I mention this because we have come a long ways since those days. I do miss the end balcony seats of The Barn. Not only has Mike Daum been a super athlete but also a model citizen. What we seem forget is that he redshirted his first year on campus which pushed him a year ahead in a academic progress without using no eligibility. It surprised me when it was mentioned that Mike would graduate in 2018. I looked on his profile on gojacks and it shows a major in advertising. I doubt we have any grad program in that field.I can't see him taking some basket weaving courses just to get his fourth season in. I feel there is substance to this rumor as there will not be much here to keep him. Unless a GF. Thanks
                              Advertising is a major within the Department of Journalism and Mass Communication program. And, yes, there are opportunities to pursue master's degrees in communication at SDSU.

http://catalog.sdstate.edu/preview_e...&returnto=3425
                              This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
                                Advertising is a major within the Department of Journalism and Mass Communication program. And, yes, there are opportunities to pursue master's degrees in communication at SDSU.

http://catalog.sdstate.edu/preview_e...&returnto=3425
                                I stand to be corrected. Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X