Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Preseason stuff...Mike Daum

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
    According to someone close to the program we should expect this to be Mike's last season at SDSU. I see no harm in discussing that. I'm told he will graduate in the spring of 2018 and then use his last year of eligibility as a graduate transfer. This source says Wisconsin with Joe Krabbenhoft. All seems logical to me. I'm going to try and see him play as many games as possible.
    I really don't want to be a dick about this, but you know very well we have the attribution rule . . . if you speculate about a player leaving, that's acceptable (if a bit uncomfortable) but if you actually come out and say "you heard X is leaving" you had better be prepared to publicly name your source--who you heard it from, by name.

If you're not comfortable naming in public who told you something, you shouldn't be posting it here.

"Someone close to the program" doesn't cut it.

I am not going to support a board of "I've got a secret" players.
    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Speculation: I'm worried Taryn will do the same for the football program if he has another big year.
      Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
        Speculation: I'm worried Taryn will do the same for the football program if he has another big year.
        I am not worried about this. I don't think he's done enough to warrant BCS teams wanting him that badly.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
          I am not worried about this. I don't think he's done enough to warrant BCS teams wanting him that badly.
          You're probably right, but MN, Iowa, Wisconsin, and Nebraska could all use him. Their QBs are terrible.
          Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

You're probably right, but MN, Iowa, Wisconsin, and Nebraska could all use him. Their QBs are terrible.
            True... Imo, he wouldn't last long at that level though. He seems to get injured to easily. Those boys are a lot bigger and hit a lot harder.

Comment

i do not think this is plausible...TC really stands to gain nothing by leaving to sit a year to play for a FBS squad. If he is wanting to move on I think Wentz has proven that FCS isn't a handicap like it has been in the past. Plus with 86 and 19 getting attention TC is already on tape for all the NFL teams anyhow. Pardon the irony but he's a Jack for life...

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                According to someone close to the program we should expect this to be Mike's last season at SDSU. I see no harm in discussing that. I'm told he will graduate in the spring of 2018 and then use his last year of eligibility as a graduate transfer. This source says Wisconsin with Joe Krabbenhoft. All seems logical to me. I'm going to try and see him play as many games as possible.
                I agree with Filbert....cite your source if you're going to post things like this - regardless of what kind of rules are in place on this board. If you don't, than this is complete garbage and your post should be removed.

Wisconsin's big man (Ethan Happ) was first team all-big 10 last year. He's got 2 years of eligibility left. Yes, he could get drafted after this year but that doesn't sound like a recipe for Daum to auto-transfer before this season has even begun.

Comment

Daum needs to do whats best for him.

Personally, I don't think grad-transferring is the best idea. Analysts will bring up the "competition" but he will go and has gone up against his peers during pre-draft workouts as well all-star camps. His stock could lower if he doesn't put up numbers or get the PT that he is doing at SDSU.

Wolters got drafted mid 2nd round, and his stock wasn't there till after his junior year. Daum was getting noticed at the end of his freshman year and all of last season.

I think there is a better chance of him going pro than him grad-transferring.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackedforlife View Post
                    i do not think this is plausible...TC really stands to gain nothing by leaving to sit a year to play for a FBS squad. If he is wanting to move on I think Wentz has proven that FCS isn't a handicap like it has been in the past. Plus with 86 and 19 getting attention TC is already on tape for all the NFL teams anyhow. Pardon the irony but he's a Jack for life...
                    Only if he could grad transfer and be eligible right away. I agree he wouldn't go and sit out a year.

Comment

Only if he could grad transfer and be eligible right away. I agree he wouldn't go and sit out a year.
                      And at that he'd have to graduate in 3 years...also doesn't hurt that his gf is at state and playing for 3 more years.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackedforlife View Post
                        And at that he'd have to graduate in 3 years...also doesn't hurt that his gf is at state and playing for 3 more years.
                        Totally forgot about that. I've changed my mind. He's not going anywhere.

Comment

Totally forgot about that. I've changed my mind. He's not going anywhere.
                          Was so confused. Thought you were talking about Daum but realized you had moved onto Taryn.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                            Was so confused. Thought you were talking about Daum but realized you had moved onto Taryn.
                            Sorry...thread drift...

Comment

let this thread die, please

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
                                I agree with Filbert....cite your source if you're going to post things like this - regardless of what kind of rules are in place on this board. If you don't, than this is complete garbage and your post should be removed.

Wisconsin's big man (Ethan Happ) was first team all-big 10 last year. He's got 2 years of eligibility left. Yes, he could get drafted after this year but that doesn't sound like a recipe for Daum to auto-transfer before this season has even begun.
                                Complete garbage you say. Wow. Admin may delete my post. Just relaying info. Don't mean to create anxiety or anger. Have a great Tuesday people.
                                We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Working...
                                X