Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Jacks' uniform popularity

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post
    I don't care if they wear a pink helmet if they show up to play their best and get the W.

Alternative uniforms are here to stay in college football. The kids love them. It's a recruiting tool. When Notre Dame is willing to change up their helmet look you know how important it is.

Let's just have fun with it. Some are great. Some are ugly. What you do hear is comments like, "You remember that game they came out with the black unis? That was sick!"

The big question is what are they going to wear next Thursday night for a national TV audience. That would be the night to do something really cool!

SUPERBUNNY
    I would think they go with this:

Maybe switch out the helmet to the white rabbit?
    -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post
      I don't care if they wear a pink helmet if they show up to play their best and get the W.

Alternative uniforms are here to stay in college football. The kids love them. It's a recruiting tool. When Notre Dame is willing to change up their helmet look you know how important it is.

Let's just have fun with it. Some are great. Some are ugly. What you do hear is comments like, "You remember that game they came out with the black unis? That was sick!"

The big question is what are they going to wear next Thursday night for a national TV audience. That would be the night to do something really cool!

SUPERBUNNY
      Realize your comment was made in jest, but they seriously could combine SDJ's "state border" idea (the border being pink) with the running rabbit and use it to encourage breast cancer awareness. Might even be able to get Sanford to invest in that, as it's one of their foci.

Comment

I was a fan of the gray jersey worn for military appreciation day a couple years back

Comment

Originally posted by jbjack View Post
          I was a fan of the gray jersey worn for military appreciation day a couple years back
          That was one that I thought looked worse when they initially tweeted an image of it prior to the game, but I agree that they looked decent during the game

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
            I like the idea that the team has multiple looks. It will be interesting to see what they add in the next few years.
            Blaze/hunter orange with dark brown highlights
            Blaze orange helmet with dark brown facemask, south dakota sticker instead of a logo
            Throw in camo if you like

Introduce them the next time we have a home game on Pheasant opener. Get GFP/Tourism and Under Armor on board. Start the game at 9 or 10 so hunters are more likely to make it to the game. Auction them off to make a boatload of money. Instead of fighting pheasant opener, embrace and capitalize on it. Make Jacks football a part of the annual tradition - hunt then go to the game.
            “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

I always thought something like this should be tried.
              An alternative to a late Saturday game might be Thursday or Friday night. No matter what night, run boozy charters to and from points West where pheasant hunters congregate. The jerseys could be made to look like a blaze orange hunting vest. Orange helmets too. Gun raffles at half time.
              Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
              Blaze orange helmet with dark brown facemask, south dakota sticker instead of a logo

Introduce them the next time we have a home game on Pheasant opener. Get GFP/Tourism and Under Armor on board. Start the game at 9 or 10 so hunters are more likely to make it to the game. Auction them off to make a boatload of money. Instead of fighting pheasant opener, embrace and capitalize on it. Make Jacks football a part of the annual tradition - hunt then go to the game.

Comment

I know it would be out of bounds with logo branding, but incorporating a pheasant with the wrap around Rabbit logo would be fun.

SDSU Logo - pheasant.jpg

Comment

I have always thought it would be cool to do something with just ears on the helmet, it could sort of be something like the Philadelphia Eagles wings, starting in the front and 2 big rabbit ears flowing down each side of the helmet.

Comment

Originally posted by JacksBacker View Post
                    I have always thought it would be cool to do something with just ears on the helmet, it could sort of be something like the Philadelphia Eagles wings, starting in the front and 2 big rabbit ears flowing down each side of the helmet.
                    I've always thought ears on the helmet would look great! I'm happy to hear others like the idea. I also hope they'll eventually do a special helmet for Hobo Day with Weary Wil slapped on the helmets (embrace the hobo!)
                    I
                    Rollin' in my 5.0
                    With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
                    Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

Comment

How bout a camo helmet w/blaze or hunter orange running rabbit,.....or reverse it,orange helmet with camo rabbit,uni's same theme,whatever looks best.Dark brown nice accent for face mask,or trim on uni"s.

Comment

How bout a camo helmet w/blaze or hunter orange running rabbit,.....or reverse it,orange helmet with camo rabbit,uni's same theme,whatever looks best.

Comment

I really hoping everyone is joking because all I can think is its going to look ugly and its the Cleveland brown color scheme. I only like orange and black and since those are not school colors I think its a bit gimmicky. I am totally cool with some sort of promotion or something to encourage hunters to enjoy the game and come for it but uniforms I don't think is going to really draw them in. If someone wants to hunt instead of go to a football game then they are going to change their minds what the uniforms are. But some sort of promotional marketing plan may entice them a little more.
                          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by GopherHole View Post
                            I know it would be out of bounds with logo branding, but incorporating a pheasant with the wrap around Rabbit logo would be fun.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]886[/ATTACH]
                            Kind of looks like the Jack has a pheasant in its maw.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                              I really hoping everyone is joking because all I can think is its going to look ugly and its the Cleveland brown color scheme. I only like orange and black and since those are not school colors I think its a bit gimmicky. I am totally cool with some sort of promotion or something to encourage hunters to enjoy the game and come for it but uniforms I don't think is going to really draw them in. If someone wants to hunt instead of go to a football game then they are going to change their minds what the uniforms are. But some sort of promotional marketing plan may entice them a little more.
                              Not joking.

It is gimmicky, but so is adding chrome, camo, etc to uniforms. That has become pretty normal. We already do black (not a school color), why not something that actually matters to many of the people in this state?

If it was done well, I think it could look unbelievably cool. There is no doubt it would get people talking, and the consensus is that recruits like this sort of thing.
                              “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post
                                Kind of looks like the Jack has a pheasant in its maw.
                                Must be related to the rabbit in the Monty Python movie, "in search of the Holy Grail ".

Comment

Working...
                                X