X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Jacks' uniform popularity

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
    Not joking.

It is gimmicky, but so is adding chrome, camo, etc to uniforms. That has become pretty normal. We already do black (not a school color), why not something that actually matters to many of the people in this state?

If it was done well, I think it could look unbelievably cool. There is no doubt it would get people talking, and the consensus is that recruits like this sort of thing.
    Fair point but I don't care for the black anyway for that fact and others.

I guess I am more gimmicky with the marketing and promotion side of things not the uniform. like a ticket and SDSU blaze orange hunting cap or something for like 10 bucks or pheasant stir fry or something.

Probably doesn't help I am over thinking it. like last year when the corn uniforms for the skyforce. Those were probably the worst uniform ever in sports history so I picture something gimmicky and tacky etc. Maybe some concept drawing would ease my concerns a bit.
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

I would love to see them incorporate something to do with very, very early days of the school. In fact, this is probably my favorite SDSU related shirts:

BYC.jpg

I think that it would be a great throwback
      -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

I agree with the vintage idea. I'd like to see Hobo Day be set aside as our one game a year with a real retro look that could maybe feature Weary Wil on the helmet. We have something special and unique that we need to promote and capitalize on.

For me, I'd ideally like to see some kind of charcoal or gray combined with an "old athletic gold" look. Maybe a yellow helmet with a black outline of will, charcoal jersey with yellow numbers, and yellow pants. Maybe have "Hobo by Choice" written in small font above the numbers.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Tibbs View Post
          I agree with the vintage idea. I'd like to see Hobo Day be set aside as our one game a year with a real retro look that could maybe feature Weary Wil on the helmet. We have something special and unique that we need to promote and capitalize on.

For me, I'd ideally like to see some kind of charcoal or gray combined with an "old athletic gold" look. Maybe a yellow helmet with a black outline of will, charcoal jersey with yellow numbers, and yellow pants. Maybe have "Hobo by Choice" written in small font above the numbers.
          How bout getting Jack carrying a hobo stick around,you know ,the stick slung across the shoulder with a sack of belongings tied at the end of it.You could have a carrrot protruding out of it somewhere.I'm sure he'd never leave us though. I 'd like to see more props for Jack to use......maybe the arts department can help.
          Last edited by jackdaniel; 08-24-2017, 01:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
            I would love to see them incorporate something to do with very, very early days of the school. In fact, this is probably my favorite SDSU related shirts:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]887[/ATTACH]

Now that might be something I could get behind. that could be cool for sure.
            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post

[ATTACH=CONFIG]887[/ATTACH]

How about as a patch or something on the shoulder of the uniform?

Comment

Working...
              X