Jacks' uniform popularity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jacks' uniform popularity

Looks like the Jacks' uniforms have been ranked among FCS top 10, according to fans' Facebook and Twitter responses, as seen here.

Re: Jacks' uniform popularity

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post
    Looks like the Jacks' uniforms have been ranked among FCS top 10, according to fans' Facebook and Twitter responses, as seen here.
    I am a fan of the white, wrap around rabbit helmet. I also have to admit that the blue helmet with the black stripe is pretty eye-catching as well.
    -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
      I am a fan of the white, wrap around rabbit helmet. I also have to admit that the blue helmet with the black stripe is pretty eye-catching as well.
      So happy when introduced Rabbit helmets. Both the white, and yellow are good additions. As long as they choose alternative jerseys and pants. Going full Smurf, or full Banana, not a good look.

Comment

Originally posted by rabidrabbit View Post
        So happy when introduced Rabbit helmets. Both the white, and yellow are good additions. As long as they choose alternative jerseys and pants. Going full Smurf, or full Banana, not a good look.
        I agree. I know that I may get booted from the site, but I was never a fan of the interlocking SD for an athletic logo. The new rabbit head really is a great look especially with the uniform number on the opposite side. I agree with the Smurf/Banana look, and I think that the team's record when going mono-color reflects that as well.

I would like to see one throwback a year (possibly on Hobo Day?). It would be awesome to see the mid 80's helmets with the "JACKS" on them. Those uniforms take me back to my days of being a young kid.

Comment

I agree. I know that I may get booted from the site, but I was never a fan of the interlocking SD for an athletic logo. The new rabbit head really is a great look especially with the uniform number on the opposite side. I agree with the Smurf/Banana look, and I think that the team's record when going mono-color reflects that as well.

I would like to see one throwback a year (possibly on Hobo Day?). It would be awesome to see the mid 80's helmets with the "JACKS" on them. Those uniforms take me back to my days of being a young kid.
          I was impressed with the rabbit logo on helmet and actually like that better with the #s on there. that's pretty cool. I love that we added white pants last year. on the road the all whites just are perfect. the whites with blue tops is great too. I think think I prefer the blue tops and yellow pants just a little more. but the white was a good addition. cant say as much about the black unis and helmet change with it. basketball I get having a alternate color is helpful but football with only a handful of games and not playing back to back days etc. wish they would lose those and stick with SDSU colors for football.
          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
            I was impressed with the rabbit logo on helmet and actually like that better with the #s on there. that's pretty cool. I love that we added white pants last year. on the road the all whites just are perfect. the whites with blue tops is great too. I think think I prefer the blue tops and yellow pants just a little more. but the white was a good addition. cant say as much about the black unis and helmet change with it. basketball I get having a alternate color is helpful but football with only a handful of games and not playing back to back days etc. wish they would lose those and stick with SDSU colors for football.
            IMO, the black unis were great.. More importantly, it seemed like the athletes loved them. As much as some people like to stick to tradition, that's not what its about any more. From current athletes to recruits, they want to see progressive decisions. (If I see one Bama argument, so help me...)

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
              IMO, the black unis were great.. More importantly, it seemed like the athletes loved them. As much as some people like to stick to tradition, that's not what its about any more. From current athletes to recruits, they want to see progressive decisions. (If I see one Bama argument, so help me...)
              I like the idea that the team has multiple looks. It will be interesting to see what they add in the next few years.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                IMO, the black unis were great.. More importantly, it seemed like the athletes loved them. As much as some people like to stick to tradition, that's not what its about any more. From current athletes to recruits, they want to see progressive decisions.
                Bama

Yeah I know I am the minority for sure. But a clean classic look gets my vote, which apparently doesn't hold much weight. I like watching the jacks play and look like the team I grew up watching as a kid and in college, and what looked similar to what my parents watched. Guess I like the school colors and the look sharp to me.
                "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

What would you think of the "SD" on one side, the rabbit head on the other (likely slightly smaller than the current design), and the player's number in front (like the Steelers' helmet in this picture)?

The numbers wouldn't necessarily need to be as large as the Steelers' either.

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post
                    What would you think of the "SD" on one side, the rabbit head on the other (likely slightly smaller than the current design), and the player's number in front (like the Steelers' helmet in this picture)?

The numbers wouldn't necessarily need to be as large as the Steelers' either.
                    I like the idea of the number on the front. But I think that having the SD on the opposite side of the wrap around rabbit may be a little too busy.

What about an alternate helmet with the outline of South Dakota with the running rabbit ghosted inside of it?

Comment

Speaking of helmets, I really love the Jackrabbit and numbers look, but that look has made me realize that our classic yellow SD is a clean, beautiful look.

Comment

I like the idea of the number on the front. But I think that having the SD on the opposite side of the wrap around rabbit may be a little too busy.

What about an alternate helmet with the outline of South Dakota with the running rabbit ghosted inside of it?
                        I agree that it would seem cluttered if the rabbit continued to wrap to the extent it does now, but I thought maybe a smaller rabbit design could allow both.

I kind of like your other idea, but I wonder if having the SD outline in yellow on a blue helmet with the yellow running rabbit slightly larger than the state border might be more popular.

Comment

Originally posted by BigGoosie13 View Post
                          Speaking of helmets, I really love the Jackrabbit and numbers look, but that look has made me realize that our classic yellow SD is a clean, beautiful look.
                          I always thought it looked better on the field then it did on the helmet. We have a unique mascot, I like the uniforms to showcase it. (Don't even get me started on the "SD State" basketball uniforms)

Comment

I always thought it looked better on the field then it did on the helmet. We have a unique mascot, I like the uniforms to showcase it. (Don't even get me started on the "SD State" basketball uniforms)
                            I'm glad they chose rabbit for midfield logo, despite my affinity for the "stretch SD." I also think it's neat seeing the rabbit on SJAC illuminated during night games.

Might having the running rabbit logo just below the numbers be an option (likely slightly smaller than the "State" on front of basketball unis)?

Comment

I don't care if they wear a pink helmet if they show up to play their best and get the W.

Alternative uniforms are here to stay in college football. The kids love them. It's a recruiting tool. When Notre Dame is willing to change up their helmet look you know how important it is.

Let's just have fun with it. Some are great. Some are ugly. What you do hear is comments like, "You remember that game they came out with the black unis? That was sick!"

The big question is what are they going to wear next Thursday night for a national TV audience. That would be the night to do something really cool!

SUPERBUNNY
                              MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X