Bookstore Idea?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bookstore Idea?

First off, I'm not sure if this is the right place to put this, so mods do your thing if it's in the wrong place.

As a SDSU fan who isn't near Brookings, and needs to order gear through the Internet now a big thing that stops me from getting a lot more gear than I do now is the shipping that gets tacked on to every order. I understand why they charge shipping, don't get me wrong. But far more often than not I look at the extra $8-$12 for shipping and say "maybe another day" to myself. It really deters me from making a bunch of $20-$40 purchases that I end up saying I'll wait for when I want a big order for since shipping adds 30-50% on to my total. Guess what, I don't end up making those big orders that often because, well, I have a hard time justifying a lot of $200-$300 purchases for clothes throughout the year. I'm guessing I'm not the only person who does this. I also am an avid Amazon Prime user. I order ten times more stuff off of Amazon then I have ever even considered purchasing online before that, let alone actual orders. A lot of it is because I can pay what the price is and not worry about extra shipping fees getting me.

I'm not on here to bitch about the shipping cost tacked on though. So long story short, here's my idea that I think would be really neat to have. Have something like Amazon Prime for the bookstore that is $100-$150 a year or whatever it is where if you pay that fee then with your username shipping is free on all orders. Will that end up maybe cutting into the total profit on some of the stuff? Probably with some accounts, but I bet there's some accounts where you would come out ahead as well. Plus the extra volume that could be sold I feel would more than make up for it. Hell, you could tie it in with buying season tickets as well. At a certain donation level you also get Jackrabbit Prime as a part of that level of ticket. Or whatever.

Either way I think it could be a really cool thing, but figured I'd throw it out there for everyone here to kick around. Plus I know some of you guys know people who know people better than me, so if it's something that's worth doing it might actually happen. It's better than me sitting and having a beer grumbling how I wish this was a thing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Re: Bookstore Idea?

Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post
    First off, I'm not sure if this is the right place to put this, so mods do your thing if it's in the wrong place.

As a SDSU fan who isn't near Brookings, and needs to order gear through the Internet now a big thing that stops me from getting a lot more gear than I do now is the shipping that gets tacked on to every order. I understand why they charge shipping, don't get me wrong. But far more often than not I look at the extra $8-$12 for shipping and say "maybe another day" to myself. It really deters me from making a bunch of $20-$40 purchases that I end up saying I'll wait for when I want a big order for since shipping adds 30-50% on to my total. Guess what, I don't end up making those big orders that often because, well, I have a hard time justifying a lot of $200-$300 purchases for clothes throughout the year. I'm guessing I'm not the only person who does this. I also am an avid Amazon Prime user. I order ten times more stuff off of Amazon then I have ever even considered purchasing online before that, let alone actual orders. A lot of it is because I can pay what the price is and not worry about extra shipping fees getting me.

I'm not on here to bitch about the shipping cost tacked on though. So long story short, here's my idea that I think would be really neat to have. Have something like Amazon Prime for the bookstore that is $100-$150 a year or whatever it is where if you pay that fee then with your username shipping is free on all orders. Will that end up maybe cutting into the total profit on some of the stuff? Probably with some accounts, but I bet there's some accounts where you would come out ahead as well. Plus the extra volume that could be sold I feel would more than make up for it. Hell, you could tie it in with buying season tickets as well. At a certain donation level you also get Jackrabbit Prime as a part of that level of ticket. Or whatever.

Either way I think it could be a really cool thing, but figured I'd throw it out there for everyone here to kick around. Plus I know some of you guys know people who know people better than me, so if it's something that's worth doing it might actually happen. It's better than me sitting and having a beer grumbling how I wish this was a thing

Many places seem to offer free shipping over a certain dollar amount. clothes I wouldn't imagine would be a big issue. odd sized or shapped items I can understand why they have a shipping surcharge or still shipping fees.

If you get to Brookings ever sometimes its worth just stocking up then. for those that cant make it to Brookings or SF occasionally your SOL. also in Brookings check out walmart. I would say their selection and prices and options for the whole family are very good. we go there since their kid stuff is better then any other place that has SDSU gear.
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Keep in mind that when you join the Jackrabbit Club, you get a card which entitles you to receive 15% off all purchases from the Bookstore. That will usually equal or exceed shipping costs. The Jackrabbit Club Card has an online promo code on it.

Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post
      Okay. You are hereby sentenced to live in Fargo. And may God have mercy on your soul.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
        Keep in mind that when you join the Jackrabbit Club, you get a card which entitles you to receive 15% off all purchases from the Bookstore. That will usually equal or exceed shipping costs. The Jackrabbit Club Card has an online promo code on it.

Okay. You are hereby sentenced to live in Fargo. And may God have mercy on your soul.
        I feel kinda dumb cause I should have known that I suppose. Guess I'll move that up on my list of stuff to do.

Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

If you haven't done so already, sign up for emails from the bookstore. In the past, they occasionally have offered free shipping. And it seems like they also have had a 20% discount on Tuesdays after home football games. Not sure if you can combine that with your Jackrabbit Club discount.
          @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
          --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

Originally posted by jacksfaninne View Post
            If you haven't done so already, sign up for emails from the bookstore. In the past, they occasionally have offered free shipping. And it seems like they also have had a 20% discount on Tuesdays after home football games. Not sure if you can combine that with your Jackrabbit Club discount.
            Isn't the discount typically dependent on the number of Jacks' TDs (for some reason five percent per TD is sticking out in my mind) with a 20% cap?

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post
              Isn't the discount typically dependent on the number of Jacks' TDs (for some reason five percent per TD is sticking out in my mind) with a 20% cap?
              That's in the physical store. I wasn't aware they did something similar online.

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
                Guess I wasn't either, and I thought that's what was being referenced.

Must be a sign of my irresponsibility that I don't see the point in quibbling over $8 shipping when driving to get the item would likely cost close to that, if not more.

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
                  The percentage per touchdown is correct. I think the same discount is available online. I think I've taken advantage of it. But then, I'm getting old. I don't always thinkmember correctly. I guess we'll find out, 9/5/2017.
                  @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
                  --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

Bump. Got an email and made me think of this thread. On Tuesday there's 25% off at the SDSU bookstore and online.
                    Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Is the Stadium Store open every day, or just game days ? If they are open tomorrow, would the discount apply there ?

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                        Is the Stadium Store open every day, or just game days ? If they are open tomorrow, would the discount apply there ?
                        Just game day.

Comment

I would assume gamedays and for other events if indicated, but I'm not sure. The bookstore is very close to the stadium.
                          Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
                            I would assume gamedays and for other events if indicated, but I'm not sure. The bookstore is very close to the stadium.
                            I was asking because apparently there are items that are exclusive to the stadium store that are not available in the bookstore.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                              I was asking because apparently there are items that are exclusive to the stadium store that are not available in the bookstore.
                              I didn't know that. I forgot to check it out last game and will try to at the Drake game.

Comment

Working...
                              X