Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you support SDSU moving the MVC? (poll)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Would you support SDSU moving the MVC? (poll)

In a quick check it looks like the Summit is 5-3 against the Valley this year. Most of the games were against Drake and Missouri State.

Comment

Another fun fact about MVC basketball. Their Women's tournament is held separately from the men's (it's in Quad City a week later). Does anyone go, you ask....

In 2016 (the one year I looked up - it's harder than it sounds) their semi-finals and finals combined drew 4,083 (compared to 15,884 for the Summit). I chose to check out 2016 because I found numerous press releases that touted that year's attendance as being "up 21% over 2015" Something else to consider as you compare the two conferences.

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbit74 View Post
        In a quick check it looks like the Summit is 5-3 against the Valley this year. Most of the games were against Drake and Missouri State.
        Makes the conference look even better considering that Drake is currently in 1st and Missouri State is tied for 2nd (and is the preseason favorite) in the current standings.

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbit74 View Post
          Did a quick check and Drake beat Omaha, but lost to Omaha, and USD and SDSU. MSU beat NDSU and SDSU but losses to NDSU and ORU. Drake and MSU right now are ranked 1-2 in the MVC.
          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Interesting that the "NO" went from 47 to 48 today. Somebody voted. How about that.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
              Interesting that the "NO" went from 47 to 48 today. Somebody voted. How about that.
              Now at 50 “NO’s”...what a time to be alive!
              LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
                Now at 50 “NO’s”...what a time to be alive!
                Good news 51 anyone?

Comment

If they did, they should bring along all the the other Dakota schools. If they lose these rivalries, I believe they would be lost. If for some reason the Summit ever disbanded, these 4 should stay together. The others could be ate up by Horizon, OHV, WAC, etc. If anyone goes to the MVC, it should be WIU, since they are so close to so many of the present members.

Comment

Originally posted by RochJack69 View Post
                    If they did, they should bring along all the the other Dakota schools. If they lose these rivalries, I believe they would be lost. If for some reason the Summit ever disbanded, these 4 should stay together. The others could be ate up by Horizon, OHV, WAC, etc. If anyone goes to the MVC, it should be WIU, since they are so close to so many of the present members.
                    This^^^, whatever happens is well beyond my control. But I'm not going to worry about any what ifs' when it comes to this. I'm going to enjoy having a fair share of the NCC reunited and relive my youth running around Frost "watching" Mark become a Jacks legend!

Comment

Originally posted by RochJack69 View Post
                      WIU is one of the last schools who will get an invite regardless of location. Terrible facility and lack of success and support along with weak financials.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                        WIU is one of the last schools who will get an invite regardless of location. Terrible facility and lack of success and support along with weak financials.
                        I hope the President of WIU does not read this board.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                          What are you talking about? I think they'll fit right in with the MVC.
                          Rollin' in my 5.0
                          With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
                          Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

Comment

Originally posted by THE PRIDE IS BACK!!! View Post
                            What are you talking about? I think they'll fit right in with the MVC.
                            There has been turbulence amongst the higher education system that apparently affected WIU. I am weak on the details.o

Comment

Jacks might have more quality airtime if were in MVC. Son added Playstation Vue to my Roku last Sat. UNI has been on twice since then, plus ISU(blue)/Mo St, ISU(red)/SIU, plus others. UNI started 2 freshman tonight. 39-38 UNI over Drake @13:16 2nd.

Comment

How about trying to poach Air Force? Sure it's a pipe dream, but they do not belong in the mountain west. They can keep playing their FBS football and move to a smaller conference for all other sports like the other two service academies. Travel partner for Denver, more prestigious than UNC by a long shot. Patriot league is obviously much more in line with the service academies academically, but they would be much more competitive in the other sports in the summit.

Comment

Working...
                                X