Summit WBB 2017-18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Summit WBB 2017-18

Earn a point for a road win, lose a point for a home loss.

USD +5
    Jacks +1
    W IL +1
    ORU 0
    Den 0
    NDS -1
    UNO -3
    FT W -3

Comment

USD 10-0
      SDSU 8-1
      WIU 7-3
      ORU 5-4
      DU 4-5
      UNO 1-7
      NDSU 1-8
      FW 1-9

The bottom 3 teams have their 1 win each. The top 4 are more defined again with a bit of separation when the yotes win at Macomb. ORU has 4 road games left including Brookings, Vermillion, Fargo, and Denver. Jackrabbits have Macomb, Vermillion, and Ft Wayne on the road. The yotes seem to be in the driver's seat with only Ft Wayne & Omaha on the road. The Jackrabbits could win out and control their destiny as well. They must win out to be #1 seed.
      Last edited by OldHare; 02-05-2018, 11:49 AM. Reason: update sunday game.
      Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Jackrabbits move from #9 to #8 while yotes go from #15 to #11. IUPUI settles into #16 and WIU is tied at #30.
        http://www.collegeinsider.com/womens...jor-top-25.php
        Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

There are no surprises tonight. Coyotes beat Mastodons 79-60. Leathernecks are leading Mavs 30-5 after first quarter.

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
            There are no surprises tonight. Coyotes beat Mastodons 79-60. Leathernecks are leading Mavs 30-5 after first quarter.
            SDSU will have to win out if they want the regular season title. Hopefully Selland will be back sooner rather than later. The Jacks can't falter until SLT Title game if they want an at-large chance. Looking back that Creighton loss was a huge missed opportunity (along with FGCU).
            '

Comment

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post
              SDSU will have to win out if they want the regular season title. Hopefully Selland will be back sooner rather than later. The Jacks can't falter until SLT Title game if they want an at-large chance. Looking back that Creighton loss was a huge missed opportunity (along with FGCU).
              '
              After missing close to a month, Selland is going to have to be worked back in gradually, as conditioning is likely to be an issue.

Comment

I have a feeling we won’t see a change in the starting 5 for quite awhile. Team seems to be playing real well right now. Larson and Thompson are really coming on. Makes sense to let Myah come off the bench as he gradually increases her minutes as she can tolerate without increased pain. By SLT time maybe, but she may be a super sub with Irwin over the last part of the season. It’s great to have this kind of scoring punch off the bench again.

Comment

Tagyn tweaked her left ankle or foot late in the UNO game. The trainer checked it out and retaped her. She didn't go back in and was limping when they left the court. Hope that not something that hangs around! Go Jacks!!

Comment

The last two games of the SLT and the post season in the NCAA Tournament, either by winning the Conference Tournament auto- bid ,or being selected as an at-large by the NCAA selection committee (hopefully) ,is when we want everyone fully healthy. I don't think we can catch USD for the #1 seed except by winning out .I'm also not sure who'd get #1 seed if we ended up being tied with USD record wise. It goes by comparing records in Conference games from 1-8 (by team record) until one of the tied schools gains an advantage or something like that, if I remember correctly. Anyway, the whole post season play scenarios will all play out the last 5 games of the Conference season. The teams (both M / W) seem to be all fired up to end it with a bang rather than a whimper,....just like always. Great day to be a Jackrabbit fan!!

Here's probably the correct tie breaking procedure the Summit League uses. I got it from sdsufans.com , it was made sticky, it was posted by Filbert..... posted in 2010, but still valid ? (post # 1 ).Otherwise it's this, I don't know which is the correct version.....I was going to go with Filbert's 2010 post ,because I remembered the final tie breaker procedure was using the two teams RPI comparisons, but in all honesty, I don't know for sure if that's still presently the case, and 2010 was quite a ways back........... a disclaimer
                    Last edited by jackdaniel; 02-08-2018, 04:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
                      The last two games of the SLT and the post season in the NCAA Tournament, either by winning the Conference Tournament auto- bid ,or being selected as an at-large by the NCAA selection committee (hopefully) ,is when we want everyone fully healthy. I don't think we can catch USD for the #1 seed except by winning out .I'm also not sure who'd get #1 seed if we ended up being tied with USD record wise. It goes by comparing records in Conference games from 1-8 (by team record) until one of the tied schools gains an advantage or something like that, if I remember correctly. Anyway, the whole post season play scenarios will all play out the last 5 games of the Conference season. The teams (both M / W) seem to be all fired up to end it with a bang rather than a whimper,....just like always. Great day to be a Jackrabbit fan!!

Here's probably the correct tie breaking procedure the Summit League uses. I got it from sdsufans.com , it was made sticky, it was posted by Filbert..... posted in 2010, but still valid ? (post # 1 ).Otherwise it's this, I don't know which is the correct version.....I was going to go with Filbert's 2010 post ,because I remembered the final tie breaker procedure was using the two teams RPI comparisons, but in all honesty, I don't know for sure if that's still presently the case, and 2010 was quite a ways back........... a disclaimer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

The weather is rough around Omaha as the Ft Wayne vs Omaha game is moved to Sunday. The loser of this game could end up as the #8 seed.

USD 11-0
                        SDSU 10-1
                        WIU 8-3
                        ORU 6-5
                        DU 5-6
                        OMAHA 1-8
                        NDSU 1-10
                        FW 1-10
                        Last edited by OldHare; 02-10-2018, 04:30 PM. Reason: UPDATE RECORDS

Comment

Results for the Sunday game move Omaha to 2-8 while the Mastodons contend with the bison for the 8 seed at this point. 77-61 Mavs win at Baxter Arena.

Comment

Working...
                          X