Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Summit WBB 2017-18

Originally posted by Carolina010 View Post
    It’s not just you but why do people care so much about other schools attendance. It gets super old to look at these threads and just see people complaining that other school don’t have good attendance. Who cares what they report and who cares if any shows up.
    I care.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

It’s not just you but why do people care so much about other schools attendance. It gets super old to look at these threads and just see people complaining that other school don’t have good attendance. Who cares what they report and who cares if any shows up.
      With strength of conferences being partially determined on attendance, there is a reason to care. I think the conversation in any thread tends to drift off topic with unsubstantiated comments, such not counting butts in the seats or making up numbers become the topic. I only know what I read on these message boards, to once again quote the signature of KULawJack. I fear he will soon be sending me a bill for my constant mentioning of his signature.

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
        USD box score reports over 2,000 in attendance. I counted 12 when looking at stills on twitter.

Go to their athletic website and find the photo gallery of the game. Im not sure where the 2000 people were sitting but i sure didnt see that many. And a comment on the coyote board about the great student turnout. It was totally empty on one end. Maybe the photos were of the second half, 4th quarter, a couple minutes left in the game and everyone had left

Comment

Check highlight film. There are a few fans on end of one side of bucket on visitor's end. The other end is the cheer and dance groups. The center area has some people scattered up and the club side has some as well. It is a hard call with the ends so vacant. 2000 fills Frost visually much quicker.
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ap7VSmHO6IY
          http://www.goyotes.com/galleries/?gallery=258
          Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Here is a picture of SCSC. It is a great venue that seats 6000 for the Coyotes. I am guessing this is the game from 2016-17 when the Jackrabbits were there and there was 5265 attending. There seems to be some blue in the crowd.
            http://www.goyotes.com/sports/2016/7...ts-center.aspx
            Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
              I care.

I care, too. Attendance figures should be accurate, not PR BS. And they should be defined as whether it's butts in seats or tickets theoretically sold and allotted.
              This space for lease.

Comment

I'm with you. I think the better question is why care?
                Originally posted by JackFan96
                Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
                  ORU has had trouble getting enough people healthy a lot in the past, don't know what their situation is for that so far this year, they must have liked what they saw from the 3 bench players (ORU) to play them ,but playing 8 players (ORU) and 7 players (W. Ill) pales in comparison to how deep we can go to the bench with players and minutes.
                  I don't know if there is a big difference or not but many people in the MBB thread think that you don't need more than 7 players. Nagy didn't do it, TJ is close to doing it this year and AJ did it two years ago when he played the starters and Boever and Cornemann off the bench. I like more depth but 7 seems to work.

Comment

Originally posted by 91jack View Post
                    I don't know if there is a big difference or not but many people in the MBB thread think that you don't need more than 7 players. Nagy didn't do it, TJ is close to doing it this year and AJ did it two years ago when he played the starters and Boever and Cornemann off the bench. I like more depth but 7 seems to work.
                    More prepared if there's an injury (heaven forbid) bug. Plus, you just waste a players time developing them if you don't start them from day 1. Having a strong bench is a good thing. I think I read, maybe on this board even, that someone quoted AJ as saying something like "if they aren't good enough to play, then they aren't good enough to be a Jackrabbit". I take that to mean if you do a good enough job recruiting players, you shouldn't have any problems playing them. It starts with recruiting the right players and the SDSU coaching staff does an excellent job at that.

In your example above ,Gabby and Chloe were both exceptional bench players, the others were still developing, some take a little longer than others, that was probably the case that particular year. You can't give them as much time if they don't contribute enough, only when the circumstances warrant giving them game playing time, they have to earn playing time. But you are still developing the players that need the extra time ,you owe them that chance if you recruit them. The coaching staff handles playing time masterfully in my opinion. Also it can only help in recruiting if you acquire the reputation of giving every player recruited a fair chance of getting playing time. That's my philosophy on this subject anyway.
                    Last edited by jackdaniel; 01-15-2018, 12:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
                      I care, too. Attendance figures should be accurate, not PR BS. And they should be defined as whether it's butts in seats or tickets theoretically sold and allotted.
                      This. Absolutely this. It does matter, from a programs optics nationally, to what you can tell recruits. Tickets sold matters to the bank account, but butts in seats is the real attendance. The problem is there is almost no way you get that rule enforced. The small conferences won’t want it because it will kill their attendance, your G5 programs are able to stay above the average attendance mandate because of it so they won’t want it. That’s too many schools who won’t vote for it.

Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

USD 5-0
                        SDSU 4-0
                        WIU 4-1
                        DU 3-2
                        ORU 3-3
                        FW 1-5
                        NDSU 0-4
                        OMAHA 0-5

The bottom 3 have absorbed a load of losses. I would have not guessed Mavs to be 0-5. Mastodon vs Bison showdown tomorrow in Fargo.

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                          USD 5-0
                          SDSU 4-0
                          WIU 4-1
                          DU 3-2
                          ORU 3-3
                          FW 1-5
                          NDSU 0-4
                          OMAHA 0-5

The bottom 3 have absorbed a load of losses. I would have not guessed Mavs to be 0-5. Mastodon vs Bison showdown tomorrow in Fargo.

And you can watch it on midco instead of Western and the Jack women. Also in midco. Womens usd vs Omaha

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
                            And you can watch it on midco instead of Western and the Jack women. Also in midco. Womens usd vs Omaha
                            Why would midco want to air Fort Wayne vs NDSU instead of SDSU vs WIU? The 2 league favorites going at it instead of the 2 bottom dwellers. It is a missed opportunity for midco....

Comment

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post
                              Why would midco want to air Fort Wayne vs NDSU instead of SDSU vs WIU? The 2 league favorites going at it instead of the 2 bottom dwellers. It is a missed opportunity for midco....
                              I know they pick this stuff probably far in advance. But it's no surprise sdsu and wiu were going to be good and ndsu and Wayne would fight for the bottom. Unless sdsu didn't want it on TV to get more people there?
                              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post
                                Midco has seemed to air a lot more USD games this year no matter the quality of their opponent. I feel like there is a bias developing in their coverage.

Comment

Working...
                                X