Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2017 Fall Camp

Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post
    That's the problem. People are going to guess and make stuff up.

Here's the other issue I have if this is true. If it was known going into the NDSU game and the staff decided to push off the punishment that is very disappointing. Especially if it's something serious enough to warrant 6 games. I like to think that SDSU doesn't operate like a lot of programs that push suspensions off or maneuver them so that it's not too detrimental to the team. However, since it is for 6 games, that takes us well into the conference season and includes the YSU game and the Hobo Day game vs UNI. So that makes me think (hope) that's not what happened. I understand keeping things in house but certain things can lead to a lot of speculation and wrong conclusions.
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It took another week to get confirmation or they appealed and that gave them another week. It was something like that. The staff did the right thing and followed protocol. The players would have missed the next playoff game. I understand I can ruffle feathers by saying this stuff, but they'll be held accountable for 6 games and be done with it. Kids make mistakes.
    Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

The new whites look fine. I could live without ever seeing the American flag "Jacks" ever again. It's not the idea, it's the execution. You can't read it. Looks like a blob on the helmet. Basic principle of graphic design: Contrast. There is none. They should have outlined it in white or something so you could read the text. All the other looks are great. I think my favorite is the yellow rabbit on blue helmet, but I also like the SD, the SD with black stripe and the "ice" blue and white rabbit.
      Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by Jackedforlife View Post
        I love that he and Reader are in with the students mixing it up, building the student base for wrestling...
        Can't forget Hobo Day last year...https://twitter.com/RachZeedy/status/895368253375172608

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
          The new whites look fine. I could live without ever seeing the American flag "Jacks" ever again. It's not the idea, it's the execution. You can't read it. Looks like a blob on the helmet. Basic principle of graphic design: Contrast. There is none. They should have outlined it in white or something so you could read the text. All the other looks are great. I think my favorite is the yellow rabbit on blue helmet, but I also like the SD, the SD with black stripe and the "ice" blue and white rabbit.
          I agree, contrast is why I think the all black could be improved. under the bright sun we look like the hawkeyes. Need that Blue to "pop" more!

Comment

Originally posted by BigGoosie13 View Post
            How have I not seen this until now. It's fantastic

Comment

Originally posted by mango4 View Post
              How have I not seen this until now. It's fantastic
              The live version was even better. Bono and Reader are some of the best at generating buzz.

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
                Agree with the flag Jacks. I do like the ice blue and white rabbit, but I wish they would play with the colors of the helmet and face mask a bit. I can't recall them ever having a helmet other than blue with a yellow face mask. Maybe look at a blue or white face mask with the blue helmets? A black helmet with those black unis would look great (especially matte/flat black). Or will we always have the classic blue helmet and yellow mask? If we want to do that, how about a matte/flat blue? #ThreadDrift

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                  Agree with the flag Jacks. I do like the ice blue and white rabbit, but I wish they would play with the colors of the helmet and face mask a bit. I can't recall them ever having a helmet other than blue with a yellow face mask. Maybe look at a blue or white face mask with the blue helmets? A black helmet with those black unis would look great. Or will we always have the classic blue helmet and yellow mask?

a white helmet with blue face for the road unis would look crazy good. I don't like the black unis but I really don't like the blue helmets with the black stripe, that looks beyond bad. might as well do the black helmet with it also. that would be an upgrade for sure over the black stripe on the blue helmet.
                  "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Perhaps the discussion about uniform design should have its own thread.
                    This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
                      Perhaps the discussion about uniform design should have its own thread.
                      Please! Must be a lot of fashion design majors on this forum!

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                        Please! Must be a lot of fashion design majors on this forum!
                        Or some of us are just jonesin' for some Jacks football, and unis are one topic to be discussed.

Getting back to football -- what are you looking forward to the most on 8/31?

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post
                          Getting back to football -- what are you looking forward to the most on 8/31?
                          Taking in and enjoying every second that we get to watch what should be a prolific offense.

Seeing how much pressure the D line can generate on the QB.

Seeing how we play and what gets called when we are trying to stop them on 3rd down. I want to see multiple blitz packages.

I want to see if Mengerelli continues to be the main back or if Wallace gets a large amount of reps, or Daniel, whoever.

Comment

How good is the front seven on defense? Can they stop power run FB and pressure Qb from the outside?
                            How Taryn will improve in year three of Qb. Reading defenses to find the open receiver ( besides Goedert/Weineke) and throwing mechanics as a number of passes sailed high last year.

A great year of Jackrabbit football with MVF championship and more.

Comment

On paper, our offense should be in the top 5 for FCS. We all know that we have talent there, but I get concerned about over-hype and complacency.

I think the offense comes out and takes care of business with seeming ease. (I think of Sumner vs. USD right after their transition.) But I don't want a strong OOC showing to lead to an early conference letdown.

My apologies for being a debbie downer going into our season opener.

Comment

Originally posted by Hareofthedog View Post
                                How good is the front seven on defense? Can they stop power run FB and pressure Qb from the outside?
                                How Taryn will improve in year three of Qb. Reading defenses to find the open receiver ( besides Goedert/Weineke) and throwing mechanics as a number of passes sailed high last year.

A great year of Jackrabbit football with MVF championship and more.
                                Front seven: We will find out against Duquesne. They returns A.J, Hines at RB and he is a big boy. Also, three big offensive linemen including an all-american. The front 7 will get tested as they are going to get smashed into 30 times per game. The QB is probably the transfer from Boise St. He's more of a runner too. I'm not worried about getting to the QB. It's going to be a different group this year. Stopping the run is my biggest concern.

In regards to the offense: I worry about complacency too. They've looked great at times and totally out of sync at times. Dallas is definitely Taryn's security blanket but he is such a mismatch. Taryn has trust in his other receivers and I would expect them have bigger seasons. If anyone's statistics suffer, it will be Jake's.
                                Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Working...
                                X