Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2017 Fall Camp

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
    This has been known for a long time. The team is ready to play without them. Yeah, it'd be great to have clark to backup at guard but we'll be ok!
    Was this why Clark was dropped to 2nd team almost immediately when practices started ? I thought it seemed odd that a starter would lose his spot that quickly.
    Last edited by bigticket1; 08-22-2017, 07:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
      Its news to me today.

Not that its a big deal but is there and word on what team rules or violations where there? just curios. 6 games means its gotta be pretty serious and follow up, are they individual things they both did or was it a combined effort so to speak.
      Yeah I'm pretty curious myself. 6 games is no joke.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

So it looks like the FB team is breaking out a new white jersey, I really liked our uni set up last year...https://twitter.com/ChrisBono/status/900161317629300736

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
          This has been known for a long time. The team is ready to play without them. Yeah, it'd be great to have clark to backup at guard but we'll be ok!
          Exactly. It's been know since last year in playoffs. I'll let everyone form their own conclusions.
          Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
            Exactly. It's been know since last year in playoffs. I'll let everyone form their own conclusions.
            You sir, have a better memory than I.

I do vaguely recall there being an issue now thst you say it.
            "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

• 2017 Fall Camp

That's the problem. People are going to guess and make stuff up.

Here's the other issue I have if this is true. If it was known going into the NDSU game and the staff decided to push off the punishment that is very disappointing. Especially if it's something serious enough to warrant 6 games. I like to think that SDSU doesn't operate like a lot of programs that push suspensions off or maneuver them so that it's not too detrimental to the team. However, since it is for 6 games, that takes us well into the conference season and includes the YSU game and the Hobo Day game vs UNI. So that makes me think (hope) that's not what happened. I understand keeping things in house but certain things can lead to a lot of speculation and wrong conclusions.
              Last edited by thumper_76; 08-23-2017, 02:00 AM.
              Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

This MAY be in connection with the scuttle butt from the playoffs. I can only think that some info was leaked before any investigation was complete. These are team rules not NCAA violations and Stig is very good at cultivating these young men. I'd say he wasn't ready to make a rash decision without all the facts(almost sounds like I'm defending someone else, ).

Westside will know better than me but I'm pretty sure Clark was already running with the 2's in spring ball or at the very least he was splitting time with Genant. The fact still remains Genant was climbing the depth chart anyhow. I'd have to think his whole goal was to get to 300. Tackles tend to be taller(6'6" or more) and longer armed, with both Schmidt and Gruetzmacher available next year along with the emergence of Greenway and others tackles we are finding depth. I foresee with the new guys coming in we could have capable backups at each spot instead of 1-3 guys that play swing roles.

Safety is as deep as it has ever been and while Slade is a loss it will give a few guys a chance to gain valuable experience. Heck, IF they knew these suspensions were coming they still moved Brandon "175#" Thomas to LB. Look for Romenesko and Manchigiah to impress, I'd also like to see Williams get in there and mix it up.

I also have to wonder if any of the underclassmen that left the program after the season were a part of this. If memory serves me it was several 3-4,5 that violated.

Anyhow, 8 DAYS...HURRY UP!!!!!

Comment

This is what I would call non-story. These two guys feel bad no doubt.

Comment

Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post
                    Yeah I'm pretty curious myself. 6 games is no joke.

My guess, Weed. I also think this is a school test, not an NCAA test.

Here is the language from the NCAA website:

What is the penalty for failing a school-administered drug test?

Each NCAA member school is responsible for determining whether to establish an institutional drug-testing program, at which time the school would be responsible for determining applicable penalties. If a testing program is established, though, the school is obligated to enforce the penalties. Failure to do so can lead to NCAA sanctions.

http://www.ncaa.org/sport-science-in...t-drug-testing

Comment

Originally posted by BigGoosie13 View Post
                      So it looks like the FB team is breaking out a new white jersey, I really liked our uni set up last year...https://twitter.com/ChrisBono/status/900161317629300736
                      Agreed and it also looks like a somewhat different white decal. I don't remember there being a different blue in the rabbit head decal. I could be mistaken, looks really sharp. Bono is fast approaching my favorite coach, his enthusiasm is infectious and he is a tireless promoter of not only the wrestling program but Jackrabbit athletics. I love it, I can't wait to see what he and the Gladiator(Reader) do next Thursday.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackedforlife View Post
                        Agreed and it also looks like a somewhat different white decal. I don't remember there being a different blue in the rabbit head decal. I could be mistaken, looks really sharp. Bono is fast approaching my favorite coach, his enthusiasm is infectious and he is a tireless promoter of not only the wrestling program but Jackrabbit athletics. I love it, I can't wait to see what he and the Gladiator(Reader) do next Thursday.
                        Put Bono on the side lines on game day for motivational purposes.

Comment

Originally posted by Evolution Prime View Post
                          And for fan entertainment to see his enthusiastic celebrations! That dude is just straight up fun to watch on the sidelines. He lives and dies with his guys.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabbit1220 View Post
                            And for fan entertainment to see his enthusiastic celebrations! That dude is just straight up fun to watch on the sidelines. He lives and dies with his guys.
                            Bono will need a Mike to be heard

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                              Bono will need a Mike to be heard
                              Maybe but I wouldn't challenge him...he's such a competitor that I wouldn't be surprised if he yelled from from the "Erv" we would hear him say #getjacked!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Evolution Prime View Post
                                I love that he and Reader are in with the students mixing it up, building the student base for wrestling...

Comment

Working...
                                X