• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2017 Fall Camp

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
    https://twitter.com/JackIllustrated/...07488368250881

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    Well that sucks. Feel bad for the guy. Maybe we should change our defense to a 3 man front. Seems like we're heavy on defensive ends and now very light on defensive tackles. Other than Matt Fry, who just joined the team last year, all other DTs are freshman or RS freshman. Going to need a young guy or two to really step up. Soulek is good, but he can only do so much. Look out for Krockett Krowlikowski, not because I have any idea of how good he'll be, but because his name is just awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
      Well that sucks. Feel bad for the guy. Maybe we should change our defense to a 3 man front. Seems like we're heavy on defensive ends and now very light on defensive tackles. Other than Matt Fry, who just joined the team last year, all other DTs are freshman or RS freshman. Going to need a young guy or two to really step up. Soulek is good, but he can only do so much. Look out for Krockett Krowlikowski, not because I have any idea of how good he'll be, but because his name is just awesome.
      Don't forget Hildahl. He has been REALLY good this fall. Stacker and Barret are improved and Ward is a bull. Losing Whitsell stinks but we will be okay.
      Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
          Don't forget Hildahl. He has been REALLY good this fall. Stacker and Barret are improved and Ward is a bull. Losing Whitsell stinks but we will be okay.
          I hope so. Can never have too much depth at DT, especially guys that can play at a high level. They are few and far between.
          "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
          "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Ah yes... I was searching for DTs on the roster, and for some reason he's the only one listed as DL.

Comment

It will be interesting if the coaches get creative with their personnel packages. Last year we were blessed with four really good DTs. (I'm including Whitsell in that group.) This year we have one phenomenal DT and some untested/younger talent. Do we try some different formations like Cappinhard eluded to a few posts ago? Do we force the traditional method and rely on some freshmen? Do we mix in some DEs into the rotation like Elijah Wilson who still has good size at 6'4" 265? How about totally changing things up and try Tolu Ogunrinde some in the middle? (I've seen some undersized, fast DTs that can mess up a game plan with quick penetration.) This style of play has been evaluated before in D1 football with success. The key is to keep a rotation going to keep them fresh.

We needed four good DTs last year, why not have Soulek and four other diverse pieces in the mix this year? The biggest concern I see is having multiple styles of play with a young linebacker group.

Comment

Originally posted by GopherHole View Post
                It will be interesting if the coaches get creative with their personnel packages. Last year we were blessed with four really good DTs. (I'm including Whitsell in that group.) This year we have one phenomenal DT and some untested/younger talent. Do we try some different formations like Cappinhard eluded to a few posts ago? Do we force the traditional method and rely on some freshmen? Do we mix in some DEs into the rotation like Elijah Wilson who still has good size at 6'4" 265? How about totally changing things up and try Tolu Ogunrinde some in the middle? (I've seen some undersized, fast DTs that can mess up a game plan with quick penetration.) This style of play has been evaluated before in D1 football with success. The key is to keep a rotation going to keep them fresh.

We needed four good DTs last year, why not have Soulek and four other diverse pieces in the mix this year? The biggest concern I see is having multiple styles of play with a young linebacker group.
                I expect we will be mixing in some DE at DT during obvious passing situations in order to attempt to get more pressure on the QB. Other than that, I expect us to remain in our base defense. We aren't known for getting wild with our defense. Good or bad.
                "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Maybe we should have redshirted Langer.
                  "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                    Maybe we should have redshirted Langer.
                    Trouble is you could argue he was needed worse that season than this season. We have a relatively good group of DT's, inexperienced but Langer was a desperate need in 2013. I'll say this I really wish Simpson could've made it in to camp.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackedforlife View Post
                      Trouble is you could argue he was needed worse that season than this season. We have a relatively good group of DT's, inexperienced but Langer was a desperate need in 2013. I'll say this I really wish Simpson could've made it in to camp.
                      I forgot how thin we were at DT. Chase Douglas, Bryan Burke, Jordan Brichachek, and Langer. I can't believe how small our lineman were too... woof.
                      http://gojacks.com/roster.aspx?roster=107&path=football

Comment

Comment

Here is my interview with Phil Savage: https://jackrabbitillustrated.blogsp...savage-on.html

He was an awesome guy to talk to. Super interested in a number of our players but he was there to see Dallas.

He new about Jake, but Kellen caught his eye and he did spend some time watching the linemen.

Comment

Here is my interview with Phil Savage: https://jackrabbitillustrated.blogsp...savage-on.html

He was an awesome guy to talk to. Super interested in a number of our players but he was there to see Dallas.

He new about Jake, but Kellen caught his eye and he did spend some time watching the linemen.
                            Nice interview, cool that he took time to talk to you.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                              Nice interview, cool that he took time to talk to you.
                              I second that on the interview, WSR. Do you think JW would ever actually field punts during the regular season (possibly to improve draft stock) or do you think it would be too risky?

Can't say I'd be a proponent of him doing so.

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post
                                I second that on the interview, WSR. Do you think JW would ever actually field punts during the regular season (possibly to improve draft stock) or do you think it would be too risky?

Can't say I'd be a proponent of him doing so.
                                I just don't see the point, unless you're bringing him in to make a really sure handed fair catch, because there are guys on the team that are faster and shiftier than Jake. He's a great WR, I just don't see his skill set transferring to returning punts.

Comment

Working...
                                X