Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2017 Fall Camp

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
    You have more faith than me. I don't see the depth at all but I'm not a coach. After watching last year's debacle against Cal Poly and other teams, it has me worried even without (more) injuries on the D-line.
    Wow, I forgot about that game. Honestly, I still blame that one on the coaches.

Comment

I honestly thought at the Cal Poly game... even more than the D-Line... who took a lot of the blame... that the secondary really struggled.

-Remember the corners last season were young and unproven, and they really had troubled getting off blocks... which turned a 5/6 yard gain, into a 20+ yard run.

They got much better as the season progressed.

However, and this is just me... I'm a bit worried about the Dukes. (That's just my nature... can't be helped)

Comment

yeah the cal poly passing I felt was really the dagger.

If we don't come out fired up on offense that will be bad, but the D sure is going to have to prove something. if we struggle with the run or 3rd downs it wont take long till people say here we go again.

I sure wish this game was on a Saturday.
        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackedforlife View Post
          Yep, quite a bit of scheme. Our guys looked lost at times trying to find the ball, almost like the shell game(or in Jack FB game terms the Hy-Vee grocery bag game, ). Protheroe is on many NFL watch lists too. Again, I think if we run into them again Clint and Jimmy have the guys ready to defend that triple. Definitely ready for some FB.
          Last season we played two very different offenses (TCU/Cal Poly) and I was curious as to what the defensive stats looked like if you took out those games. Lucky for me I had a long conference call at work so I had the time.

Taking out Cal Poly (Highest rushing game - 440) and TCU (Highest passing game - 439) I think the numbers are this:

Total Yards/Game: 352
          Total Rushing Yards/Game: 134
          Total Passing Yards/Game: 218

Those numbers are not that bad considering how young the secondary was to start the year. The only other game than those two that we gave up over 400 yards was @ SIU (520, 98 rush/422 pass).
          -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
            Is there an official 2 deep yet available?
            Zimmer just posted it:

http://www.argusleader.com/story/blo...k-1/603027001/

Comment

18-22 year old kids being heaped with publicity, praise, hype and sky-high expectations - I don't blame anyone for being a little concerned about how they might come out of the gate next Thursday. It's going to be a fascinating season.

Comment

I just started a new thread with the link and also the depth chart
                -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post

I sure wish this game was on a Saturday.
                  I hear ya there. Hopefully Thurs. games do not become a trend.

Comment

Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post
                    Considering that TC didn't turn it over 15 times all last season I think we should be ok.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    I think Thursday will be fun but I think Saturday games just work better because so many people have to travel for SDSU games. You have to look at how many people have to travel more than a hour. Some people will take vacation but other won't. play, they will have to factor getting home around midnight for Friday as well.

Comment

Working...
                    X