MVFC Preseason Poll - Jacks picked 2nd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MVFC Preseason Poll - Jacks picked 2nd

The Jacks were picked 2nd in the MVFC Preseason Poll (only by a hare). If anyone didn't believe that this team is going to be a real title contender, here's more proof for you. More than any other year in the D1 era, this is the Jacks best chance at a title we've had so far. With the combination of NDSU not anticipated to be completely dominant and SDSU having ample experience at key positions, along with 2 top NFL draft prospects... this is the year.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/sidearm.sit...m_and_Poll.pdf

Re: MVFC Preseason Poll - Jacks picked 2nd

Defense will be key. Nothing new here but 3rd down will dictate how successful this team will be. Our biggest questions will be at DE and OLB. Thankfully they have 5 weeks to prepare and with any luck the first 3 games will provide valuable game experience. The Bison should have a very good D and a good O. The rest of the MVFC will prove a tougher than average test as well. Let's hope we can avoid our customary letdown game this year.

Comment

I think that we are set-up to be contenders for several more years, but I agree that this is the year that we will have the the most experience and fewest questions marks coming into the season. Injuries always play a role in football, but I am of the opinion that anything less than conference champions and national semifinals will feel like a huge letdown. I expect a national championship because I honestly believe that we will have the better team on the field each Saturday. We have 9 first team preseason all-conference selections, 7 of them are seniors. At least 2 of those guys will get a chance to play on Sunday's. Not many FCS teams can even come close to matching our talent level this year. Everyone needs to spread the word and fill the stadium each week. Watching this team will be reminiscent of the Wolters' led basketball teams, you'll talk about how you witnessed it in person for years to come.

Comment

This should be the most phenomenal offensive team SDSU has ever fielded. 7 of 17 All-MVFC pre-season Offensive players are Jacks. A complete backfield, QB, RB, FB - Jackrabbits. WR, TE - Jackrabbits. then 2 of 6 O-line. Offensively, Jacks should blow teams off the field.

Jacks only have two on D. While Bison have 5 on D. Nov. 4 is looming to be a huge regular season game in Brookings. Hope to be watching two 7-0 teams match up.

Also hope to be hosting Jackrabbit tailgating in Frisco come January.

Comment

Originally posted by rabidrabbit View Post
          Nov. 4 is looming to be a huge regular season game in Brookings. Hope to be watching two 7-0 teams match up.
          Not likely to happen since it is the 9th game of the season, but two 8-0 teams would be great.

Comment

Originally posted by rabidrabbit View Post
            This should be the most phenomenal offensive team SDSU has ever fielded. 7 of 17 All-MVFC pre-season Offensive players are Jacks. A complete backfield, QB, RB, FB - Jackrabbits. WR, TE - Jackrabbits. then 2 of 6 O-line. Offensively, Jacks should blow teams off the field.

Jacks only have two on D. While Bison have 5 on D. Nov. 4 is looming to be a huge regular season game in Brookings. Hope to be watching two 7-0 teams match up.

Also hope to be hosting Jackrabbit tailgating in Frisco come January.
            This year, with all the hype surround the team, could really, really vault us forward from a fan perspective. I know a month ago you couldn't find a hotel room for Hobo Day and obviously the Marker Game is selling like hot cakes. Keeping the Marker, or at least a close game and a run to Frisco can go a long ways towards making sell outs a more regular thing. Definitely can't afford a performance like the last home Marker game though. Or the home Marker game before that.

Honestly with what we have coming back minimum expectations from a fan should be semis. Too much talent to accept less than that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post
              This year, with all the hype surround the team, could really, really vault us forward from a fan perspective. I know a month ago you couldn't find a hotel room for Hobo Day and obviously the Marker Game is selling like hot cakes. Keeping the Marker, or at least a close game and a run to Frisco can go a long ways towards making sell outs a more regular thing. Definitely can't afford a performance like the last home Marker game though. Or the home Marker game before that.

Honestly with what we have coming back minimum expectations from a fan should be semis. Too much talent to accept less than that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              At the very least it is going to make for some interesting reading on here.

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbit74 View Post
                Not likely to happen since it is the 9th game of the season, but two 8-0 teams would be great.
                All right you! Off by a game.

Comment

Working...
                X