X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nathan Rotert Accident.

https://brookingsregister.com/articl...jured-in-crash

Re: Nathan Rotert Accident.

Oh man that sucks. Hope he has a speedy recovery. People need to look for motorcycles and mopeds when they're driving. SMH.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post
      Oh man that sucks. Hope he has a speedy recovery. People need to look for motorcycles and mopeds when they're driving. SMH.

Probably also fair to say motorcyclists and moped riders should wear appropriate safety gear. Appears Rotert was likely pretty damn lucky. Prayers to a speedy and full recovery.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
        Probably also fair to say motorcyclists and moped riders should wear appropriate safety gear. Appears Rotert was likely pretty damn lucky. Prayers to a speedy and full recovery.
        What do you deem as appropriate safety gear on a moped driving in town? Glasses are the only gear required by the state.

Comment

This happened quite awhile ago. Last I heard from family he's made most of the recovery and is doing well. Scary for sure.

Recently had a man in his 40's die from head injuries when he crashed his moped earlier this month in Yankton.
          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

There are some people on motorcycles and mopeds who drive like idiots also. It goes both ways. (not saying this was the case)

Comment

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post
              There are some people on motorcycles and mopeds who drive like idiots also. It goes both ways. (not saying this was the case)
              Oh absolutely agree. I've seen people driving on 494 in the cities with no helmet, flip flops, and yoga pants. My goodness. Still, I see more motorcycles get cut off because people didn't see them than anything.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                What do you deem as appropriate safety gear on a moped driving in town? Glasses are the only gear required by the state.
                I believe I said should, not are legally required to. Unless something has changed glasses are the only thing required for motorcycles too. Just because it's not a law doesn't mean it isn't a good idea to wear extra safety gear.

BTW, a helmet would be a big #1 as far as safety gear. Beyond that, closed toed shoes and long pants at a minimum are probably a good idea.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                  Safety gear is only so safe when a car turns into you.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                    This happened quite awhile ago. Last I heard from family he's made most of the recovery and is doing well. Scary for sure.

Recently had a man in his 40's die from head injuries when he crashed his moped earlier this month in Yankton.
                    Yes the article says July 12 is when it happened. I have seen or heard nothing. So it appears The Brookings Register, has scoop on this incident. You wonder why Sports information sat on for two weeks. I will play Alex Jones and call it a cover up. ( I am joking) If I were a rider I want all the safety gear out there, but we don't know all the details in this incident.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                      Yes the article says July 12 is when it happened. I have seen or heard nothing. So it appears The Brookings Register, has scoop on this incident. You wonder why Sports information sat on for two weeks. I will play Alex Jones and call it a cover up. ( I am joking) If I were a rider I want all the safety gear out there, but we don't know all the details in this incident.
                      I saw it on Twitter about a week and a half ago.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                        I saw it on Twitter about a week and a half ago.
                        I dont follow the birds that is the twitter birds so I guess I did not see. Old and ignorant and want to stay that way.. The main point is that Nathan will recover and will wrestle this year.
                        Last edited by Nidaros; 07-25-2017, 05:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                          Personally, whenever I'm riding my moped around Sioux Falls, I like to add a couple extra tires, frame, body, doors, a seat belt, and airbags. Wait, that's a car. A car is appropriate safety gear for me, I guess.
                          “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Ran into Nate at the HPER while choosing my seats for wrestling. He said surgery went better than expected and he should be free to start contact in Sept. he considers himself very fortunate. My first interaction with him and he was ,like many Jack athletes, personable and appreciative of our support.

Over 500 season tix for wrestling when just a few years ago it was under 100...amazing at how far it has come.

Comment

Working...
                            X