Meet your newcomers - Brandon Key

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meet your newcomers - Brandon Key

"Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Re: Meet your newcomers - Brandon Key

This guy has some great offensive moves and for his size will make an impact.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
      This guy has some great offensive moves and for his size will make an impact.
      Some of those moves are quicker than the average rabbit!
      Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

If Key's ability to penetrate and get to the basket that is shown in his JUCO tape translates to this level, he will get Mike Daum and our other perimeter shooters a lot of open looks. He will not have to be a big scorer to be a valuable asset. We will have to see if teams try to take advantage of his lack of size on the defensive end.

Comment

My thoughts on those two highlights "oooooooo, that spin!!!"... Anyone else? This is the type of player that can be a huge asset with our outside shooters.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
            My thoughts on those two highlights "oooooooo, that spin!!!"... Anyone else? This is the type of player that can be a huge asset with our outside shooters.
            That play at the 1:45 point of the video, I want and expect to see lots and lots of that this year.

Comment

Meet this year's starting PG

Comment

Originally posted by wcbsas View Post
                Meet this year's starting PG
                David Jenkins Jr. might have something to say about that.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
                "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
                  David Jenkins Jr. might have something to say about that.

Jenkins pure scoring ability makes me think that he will play more at the 2 spot, although he certainly could play some point. Bringing 2 pg's (King and Mims) in for next year's class would seem to support that possibility.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                    Jenkins pure scoring ability makes me think that he will play more at the 2 spot, although he certainly could play some point. Bringing 2 pg's (King and Mims) in for next year's class would seem to support that possibility.
                    Jenkins appears to me to be a true combo guard that has the shooting/scoring ability of a 2, but also has the ball handing skills of a 1. I'd be surprised if we don't see David playing both positions throughout the year.
                    If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                    - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
                      Jenkins appears to me to be a true combo guard that has the shooting/scoring ability of a 2, but also has the ball handing skills of a 1. I'd be surprised if we don't see David playing both positions throughout the year.
                      I thought he was expected to red-shirt?
                      Originally posted by JackFan96
                      Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                        I thought he was expected to red-shirt?
                        I'd be surprised at that, as well.

It's still an option, but Jenkins coming from a prep school means he's already had a quasi-redshirt season, so he'll likely be further along than a normal true freshman.

Add in that his skill set fills our likely needs for the upcoming season (outside shooting from the backcourt and a backup point guard) and it just seems unlikely to me that he will be wearing a warm up shirt all year.

Also, the fact that he is an "out of region" player very well could play a factor in whether he is active or inactive for the season. I've heard college basketball coaches specifically cite that as a reason for not redshirting a kid even though he wasn't going to get a lot of playing time in order to keep their mind on basketball rather than how far away they are from family and friends.
                        If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                        - Steven Wright

Comment

Outside of something unexpected happening, there is zero chance Jenkins redshirts.

"Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

I was thinking back to this article that Zim wrote and definitely must have gotten my names switched around.

http://www.argusleader.com/story/spo...mer/101606458/
                            Originally posted by JackFan96
                            Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
                              Outside of something unexpected happening, there is zero chance Jenkins redshirts.

This is a sure bet.
                              Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Working...
                              X