Jackrabbits in the Operating Room

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackrabbits in the Operating Room

Quick story. Not that interesting but I'm going to share anyways.

I'm an Associate Professor of Medicine with that other university. On the Yankton Campus we have 12-14 medical students every year. This year one of them is Nick Purcell. I'm a big guy at 6'4" and 225 lbs. Nick is smaller then he was but he's much bigger then me.

Today in the OR it was Nick an OL from SDSU, the current surgery resident who played FB for the Badgers and is quite a bit bigger then Nick and the supervising surgeon who played FB for USD, he looked TINY beside them. Not a lot of room for others in that operating room.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Re: Jackrabbits in the Operating Room

Interesting. There was a lot of firsthand expertise about sports injuries in that room!
    This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
      Quick story. Not that interesting but I'm going to share anyways.

I'm an Associate Professor of Medicine with that other university. On the Yankton Campus we have 12-14 medical students every year. This year one of them is Nick Purcell. I'm a big guy at 6'4" and 225 lbs. Nick is smaller then he was but he's much bigger then me.

Today in the OR it was Nick an OL from SDSU, the current surgery resident who played FB for the Badgers and is quite a bit bigger then Nick and the supervising surgeon who played FB for USD, he looked TINY beside them. Not a lot of room for others in that operating room.
      So was there any drama like you see in prime time OR's? I assume we can rule out romance, but I could have seen some drama like they had in MASH.

Comment

Originally posted by GopherHole View Post
        So was there any drama like you see in prime time OR's? I assume we can rule out romance, but I could have seen some drama like they had in MASH.
        Not for this particular case but there are plenty of interesting stories. None that I can share here of course......
        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Working...
        X