Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: NDSU Nov 4th

Originally posted by TransAmBison View Post
    C'mon mango...how is he trolling? He's bring up a point for discussion. I happen to disagree with the point, but it is worthy of discussion rather than calling him a troll. I think since Brookings is close enough that most would not stay overnight and it would probably not significantly affect the bottom line of local businesses.

As for the move to buy up the tickets, I find it a good move for SDSU...creates a stir and adds a little drama to the game. Anything that gets more people talking about the game can only help SDSU. It may even convince more people to attend in the future.
    The discussion is fine, I don't agree with it, but whatever. It's more that he thinks anyone here is going to enjoy the two homers on The Insiders. They are just guessing at what's happening, they have no idea.

I listened to a bit of it they can speculate on everything and how the tickets are sold but when the topic of how many tickets are allotted to NDSU they "don't want to speculate on that"

Comment

C'mon mango...how is he trolling? He's bring up a point for discussion. I happen to disagree with the point, but it is worthy of discussion rather than calling him a troll. I think since Brookings is close enough that most would not stay overnight and it would probably not significantly affect the bottom line of local businesses.

As for the move to buy up the tickets, I find it a good move for SDSU...creates a stir and adds a little drama to the game. Anything that gets more people talking about the game can only help SDSU. It may even convince more people to attend in the future.
      Those Insider guys where using their red meat to get the bison all worked up, because in the past, tickets have been available. I listen to Jeff when he was in Nebraska. He does have a good radio voice, but for him to throw out red meat at SDSU expense is unacceptable in my peanut mind. He should follow what Thumper said in Bambi.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pi8f9g8-Wpc

Comment

Originally posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
        They had a good discussion on the Insiders on Bison 1660 about it yesterday. You'll enjoy it: [url]https://www.bison1660.com/the-insiders[/ur]

Interesting point I had not really thought about is the potential impact on local businesses. I wonder what the typical service business folks thought about all this? I had never thought about how much money some of those folks will lose. I know lots of folks who typically come, stay over night, and spend a lot of dough but are now not coming. I am sure many in your camp will still say it is worth it, but I did find that point has a bit of merit no matter how die hard a fan you may be. (Granted, I grew up with a dad in the service industry.)
        Ahhhhhhhh, the incredibly small size of the Buffalo brain in those mammoth heads.

OK, this is an interesting post and on the surface could have some validity but it really misses the mark. Mainly because Brookings is a town of 23,000 people as opposed to a say the size of Fargo.

So, looking at the impact at local businesses. I would agree with that if there were a bunch of empty restaurants and hotel rooms on game days. The fact is that on any game day in Brookings. Heck, even a scheduling beauty like Drake the hotels are all full and the restaurants are busy. That's just the way it is in Brookings. There just is no way it makes sense for a prospective hotel builders to build more rooms to satisfy those 6 days of the year. Now, the number of rooms available in Brookings continues to grow but it is nowhere near enough for any SDSU football Saturday, the Arts Festival, or any number of other events in town. As the average occupancy continues to rise, new hotels will be built.

Look at the convers in Fargo. I have never had an issue getting a room in Fargo for a Saturday night when the Jacks were playing football up there. In fact, I have always been able to get rooms at the hotel I prefer. Now, if you took the same viewpoint as the Buffalo Chips do in that post, then wouldn't the Fargo business owners be upset that the FargoDome is sold out to die hard Buffalo Chip fans that will be tailgating, not going to restaurants, and not staying in their hotels? Shouldn't they allow a couple thousand more visitor fans into those games to help spur the local economy? Now, you can see how asinine that argument is at the end of the day.

As a general rule, SDSU fans welcome every last one of the Buffalo Chip faithful to town. You are welcome at our tailgate spots just as we have been invited in up North. We hope you enjoy your stay in beautiful Brookings and enjoy taking in a game outdoors in our beautiful new stadium.

While we are at it, we are envious of the support and tradition that you have at NDSU. It is very impressive and what program wouldn't want to have the kind of success that the Buffalo Chips have had? There is no denying the dedication of the fans of NDSU when it come to football. I have always given a tip of the cap.

So, while we appreciate the Buffalo Chip faithful making the trip to Brookings after all of these years. Heck, that money spends the same as from Jacks fans. IT is time to get over yourselves a little bit. We're pretty proud of the fact that things are really going the right direction for Brookings, SDSU, SDSU Athletics, and definitely for SDSU Football. We're proud of the accomplishments of the last several years by winning the MVFC last year, making the playoffs the last several years, and seeing things continue to improve. No, they aren't at the level of the mighty Buffalo Chips, but they are improving. Maybe, just maybe, the educated Buffalo Chip fan understands that SDSU is a challenge to their program. And maybe we aren't. I just know that we want more of what the Buffalo Chips have and we are coming for it.

That all said, this is a formal invitation to you Buffalo Chip fans to make the trip to Brookings on November 4th. The atmosphere in Brookings is sure to be electric. I'm sure that you diehards could scrounge a ticket somewhere for a little extra dough. If not that, then come tailgate with us and then head down to any of the wonderful restaurants in bars in town take up all the tables so we don't have anywhere to go after the game. We'd love to have your financial supports.

Is this smack? I don't know? If it is, I will take the warning/penalty. Snarky at a minimum but so is the post I'm responding to.

Toss the Chips!!!

SUPERBUNNY
        MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
          Those Insider guys where using their red meat to get the bison all worked up, because in the past, tickets have been available. I listen to Jeff when he was in Nebraska. He does have a good radio voice, but for him to throw out red meat at SDSU expense is unacceptable in my peanut mind. He should follow what Thumper said in Bambi.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pi8f9g8-Wpc
          Wait a second...he shouldn't try to get Bison fans worked up? When tickets were bought up just to make sure Bison fans couldn't get them? Seriously? Personally, if I was a part of the fanbase I'd want to see the other fans in an uproar.

Now don't get me wrong, I didn't expect anybody to actually click on his link and listen to the show. I was just talking about the potential lost business.

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post
            Ahhhhhhhh, the incredibly small size of the Buffalo brain in those mammoth heads.

OK, this is an interesting post and on the surface could have some validity but it really misses the mark. Mainly because Brookings is a town of 23,000 people as opposed to a say the size of Fargo.

So, looking at the impact at local businesses. I would agree with that if there were a bunch of empty restaurants and hotel rooms on game days. The fact is that on any game day in Brookings. Heck, even a scheduling beauty like Drake the hotels are all full and the restaurants are busy. That's just the way it is in Brookings. There just is no way it makes sense for a prospective hotel builders to build more rooms to satisfy those 6 days of the year. Now, the number of rooms available in Brookings continues to grow but it is nowhere near enough for any SDSU football Saturday, the Arts Festival, or any number of other events in town. As the average occupancy continues to rise, new hotels will be built.

Look at the convers in Fargo. I have never had an issue getting a room in Fargo for a Saturday night when the Jacks were playing football up there. In fact, I have always been able to get rooms at the hotel I prefer. Now, if you took the same viewpoint as the Buffalo Chips do in that post, then wouldn't the Fargo business owners be upset that the FargoDome is sold out to die hard Buffalo Chip fans that will be tailgating, not going to restaurants, and not staying in their hotels? Shouldn't they allow a couple thousand more visitor fans into those games to help spur the local economy? Now, you can see how asinine that argument is at the end of the day.

As a general rule, SDSU fans welcome every last one of the Buffalo Chip faithful to town. You are welcome at our tailgate spots just as we have been invited in up North. We hope you enjoy your stay in beautiful Brookings and enjoy taking in a game outdoors in our beautiful new stadium.

While we are at it, we are envious of the support and tradition that you have at NDSU. It is very impressive and what program wouldn't want to have the kind of success that the Buffalo Chips have had? There is no denying the dedication of the fans of NDSU when it come to football. I have always given a tip of the cap.

So, while we appreciate the Buffalo Chip faithful making the trip to Brookings after all of these years. Heck, that money spends the same as from Jacks fans. IT is time to get over yourselves a little bit. We're pretty proud of the fact that things are really going the right direction for Brookings, SDSU, SDSU Athletics, and definitely for SDSU Football. We're proud of the accomplishments of the last several years by winning the MVFC last year, making the playoffs the last several years, and seeing things continue to improve. No, they aren't at the level of the mighty Buffalo Chips, but they are improving. Maybe, just maybe, the educated Buffalo Chip fan understands that SDSU is a challenge to their program. And maybe we aren't. I just know that we want more of what the Buffalo Chips have and we are coming for it.

That all said, this is a formal invitation to you Buffalo Chip fans to make the trip to Brookings on November 4th. The atmosphere in Brookings is sure to be electric. I'm sure that you diehards could scrounge a ticket somewhere for a little extra dough. If not that, then come tailgate with us and then head down to any of the wonderful restaurants in bars in town take up all the tables so we don't have anywhere to go after the game. We'd love to have your financial supports.

Is this smack? I don't know? If it is, I will take the warning/penalty. Snarky at a minimum but so is the post I'm responding to.

Toss the Chips!!!

SUPERBUNNY
            No smack if the truth. Well said!

Comment

Toss the Chips!!!

SUPERBUNNY

This is a great response and exactly what I was looking for in discussion. I posted the audio as so many were giggling on the meltdown in Fargo; this was the best example I'd seen of the meltdown yet (or is it wailing and gnashing of teeth?) and figured you'd enjoy that. (Yes, they were serving red meat, but like TAB said, isn't seeing Bison fans so upset fun for you? Seems like many had commented they enjoyed that in this very thread.)

No worries, BTW, TSCF has found a way into the stadium. I think my 605 area code (yes, still in SF) confuses the ticket office into thinking I am a bunny fan. Supper Bunny, you've been a good poster for years; it would be fun to meet you. I met Mango years ago; always liked him, too. Beers on me if you can find me.

Comment

Originally posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
                This is a great response and exactly what I was looking for in discussion. I posted the audio as so many were giggling on the meltdown in Fargo; this was the best example I'd seen of the meltdown yet (or is it wailing and gnashing of teeth?) and figured you'd enjoy that. (Yes, they were serving red meat, but like TAB said, isn't seeing Bison fans so upset fun for you? Seems like many had commented they enjoyed that in this very thread.)

No worries, BTW, TSCF has found a way into the stadium. I think my 605 area code (yes, still in SF) confuses the ticket office into thinking I am a bunny fan. Supper Bunny, you've been a good poster for years; it would be fun to meet you. I met Mango years ago; always liked him, too. Beers on me if you can find me.
                Would love to meet you! I will be the guy in the beard wearing blue!

SUPERBUNNY
                MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

First Bison fan I’ve read that agrees with what SDSU did. I appreciate that. Also. TheSoCalledFan usually has good discussion.
                  Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Would love to meet you! I will be the guy in the beard wearing blue!

SUPERBUNNY
                    How will he differentiate you from SDSU women then since the cowbells aren't allowed?*

*Sorry...couldn't resist**
                    **Had to after publicly stating I thought the buying up tickets was a good move...had to wash that off by cracking a joke***
                    ***Don't ban me bro

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
                      First Bison fan I’ve read that agrees with what SDSU did. I appreciate that. Also. TheSoCalledFan usually has good discussion.
                      I call it like I see it...and will give credit where it is due.

Comment

Wait a second...he shouldn't try to get Bison fans worked up? When tickets were bought up just to make sure Bison fans couldn't get them? Seriously? Personally, if I was a part of the fanbase I'd want to see the other fans in an uproar.

Now don't get me wrong, I didn't expect anybody to actually click on his link and listen to the show. I was just talking about the potential lost business.
                        Well they sure got me going. I could handle the disappointment in not getting tickets from a Bison perspective, but I doubt I would get any tickets for your Robert Morris game this Saturday. Not that I want to scout the Bison, but I bet there are none available. Being old and not crazy about crowds that just fine with me, but to bring up the Perry incident and dirty playing is unforgiveable.

Comment

Well they sure got me going. I could handle the disappointment in not getting tickets from a Bison perspective, but I doubt I would get any tickets for your Robert Morris game this Saturday. Not that I want to scout the Bison, but I bet there are none available. Being old and not crazy about crowds that just fine with me, but to bring up the Perry incident and dirty playing is unforgiveable.
                          Do I think SDSU players have gotten a little chippy? You bet. Do I think Bison players have as well? Yep. I see SDSU as a pretty clean program...but playing the Bison has not brought out the best in them. Same goes for NDSU.

Comment

Do I think SDSU players have gotten a little chippy? You bet. Do I think Bison players have as well? Yep. I see SDSU as a pretty clean program...but playing the Bison has not brought out the best in them. Same goes for NDSU.
                            The playing quality at NDSU speaks for itself, it very well disciplined and the execution is darn near perfect. I dont know what happen in the Perry incident and really don't care but for Jeff Cullane to bring it up when he was not even at NDSU when it happened is just unbelievable. I was at the game, and sitting in the north end-zone. I did not know Perry was the impact player that he was. Good players like that are often two-teamed. I honestly do not think for a second that Coach Stig called for a take out injury. It happened and there no dirty work involved by SDSU.

Comment

The playing quality at NDSU speaks for itself, it very well disciplined and the execution is darn near perfect. I dont know what happen in the Perry incident and really don't care but for Jeff Cullane to bring it up when he was not even at NDSU when it happened is just unbelievable. I was at the game, and sitting in the north end-zone. I did not know Perry was the impact player that he was. Good players like that are often two-teamed. I honestly do not think for a second that Coach Stig called for a take out injury. It happened and there no dirty work involved by SDSU.
                              Coach Stig would never call for a take out injury. Never. Nobody at NDSU has ever even brought that up (to my limited knowledge). I will leave it at that...what players think/try/do is up for speculation.

Comment

Coach Stig would never call for a take out injury. Never. Nobody at NDSU has ever even brought that up (to my limited knowledge). I will leave it at that...what players think/try/do is up for speculation.
                                Okay, truce?

Comment

Working...
                                X