Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: NDSU Nov 4th

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
    I knew this was going to happen and it didn't take long... Walking around at work today and someone says "Hey, aren't you an SDSU season ticket holder? Any chance you could get me tickets to the NDSU game? I saw it's sold out!"... I tell them no, there's no chance and asked why they didn't ask about tickets before? "Well, now that it's sold out I want to go.". Dumb, just dumb. Although it is a real phenomenon though and it's the reason that SDSU needs to sell out games on the regular before you get the casual fan to get serious about buying season tickets or at least buying single game tickets early instead of just waiting until game day thinking "eh, they never sell out, I'll be able to buy a ticket the day of the game if I feel like going". We're definitely headed in the right direction at least.
    This is such a good thing to have happen. Hopefully this has a ripple effect on the rest of the games. Like Hobo Day. Anybody do a ticket count on that game?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Man, Bisonville posters are definitely Not Mad Online. They really don't care, just ask them.
      Originally posted by JackFan96
      Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
        why do I still expect more then enough NDSU fans to make it down?
        Okay, I'll play. Why?

Comment

I knew this was going to happen and it didn't take long... Walking around at work today and someone says "Hey, aren't you an SDSU season ticket holder? Any chance you could get me tickets to the NDSU game? I saw it's sold out!"... I tell them no, there's no chance and asked why they didn't ask about tickets before? "Well, now that it's sold out I want to go.". Dumb, just dumb. Although it is a real phenomenon though and it's the reason that SDSU needs to sell out games on the regular before you get the casual fan to get serious about buying season tickets or at least buying single game tickets early instead of just waiting until game day thinking "eh, they never sell out, I'll be able to buy a ticket the day of the game if I feel like going". We're definitely headed in the right direction at least.
          This is worth repeating again! So true.

Comment

Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post
            This is such a good thing to have happen. Hopefully this has a ripple effect on the rest of the games. Like Hobo Day. Anybody do a ticket count on that game?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            I did a quick glance for Hobo Day tickets yesterday, it looks like there are still at least 2,000 left. I'll be purchasing hopefully up to a bakers dozen of them tomorrow night though.

Comment

Originally posted by BigGoosie13 View Post
              I did a quick glance for Hobo Day tickets yesterday, it looks like there are still at least 2,000 left. I'll be purchasing hopefully up to a bakers dozen of them tomorrow night though.
              I'll be grabbing an extra 10 as well. We are still going to depend on a good walk up crowd, which shouldn't be a problem as long as the weather is decent. Again, plenty of people that know they are going to the game that just don't think they need to buy tickets before the game.

Comment

I'll be grabbing an extra 10 as well. We are still going to depend on a good walk up crowd, which shouldn't be a problem as long as the weather is decent. Again, plenty of people that know they are going to the game that just don't think they need to buy tickets before the game.
                Plenty of procrastinators as well. I'll be bringing a group to the game, but I just haven't gotten a head count and bought the tickets yet.

Comment

They had a good discussion on the Insiders on Bison 1660 about it yesterday. You'll enjoy it: https://www.bison1660.com/the-insiders

Interesting point I had not really thought about is the potential impact on local businesses. I wonder what the typical service business folks thought about all this? I had never thought about how much money some of those folks will lose. I know lots of folks who typically come, stay over night, and spend a lot of dough but are now not coming. I am sure many in your camp will still say it is worth it, but I did find that point has a bit of merit no matter how die hard a fan you may be. (Granted, I grew up with a dad in the service industry.)

Comment

Originally posted by THEsocalledfan View Post

Interesting point I had not really thought about is the potential impact on local businesses. I wonder what the typical service business folks thought about all this? I had never thought about how much money some of those folks will lose. I know lots of folks who typically come, stay over night, and spend a lot of dough but are now not coming. I am sure many in your camp will still say it is worth it, but I did find that point has a bit of merit no matter how die hard a fan you may be. (Granted, I grew up with a dad in the service industry.)
                    lol.

Comment

They had a good discussion on the Insiders on Bison 1660 about it yesterday. You'll enjoy it: https://www.bison1660.com/the-insiders

GEEZ The bison fans are a big deal, bull@hit, Enjoyed? NO I DID NOT. The nerve of these good guys bringing up Rozenbloom and Perry. That's getting awfully old. Perry is in the NFL or not, does not matter and we did not play dirty?? Wow talk about throwing red meat to your overated fans. Brookings will not survive without them? Really. I am very upset and I did not enjoy this horse manure for a second. Socalledfan left SF? Sorry to hear that.

Comment

So all the sdsu fans who come from farther away don't count. Many stay for the weekend. Not sure the hotel occupancy numbers but would have to imagine they are pretty good. And I would guess most bison fans would help back right after the game.
                        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Keep trying you can do better.
                          Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                            So all the sdsu fans who come from farther away don't count. Many stay for the weekend. Not sure the hotel occupancy numbers but would have to imagine they are pretty good. And I would guess most bison fans would help back right after the game.
                            Only if they are wearing green and gold.

Comment

Obvious troll is obvious.

Comment

Originally posted by mango4 View Post
                                Obvious troll is obvious.
                                C'mon mango...how is he trolling? He's bring up a point for discussion. I happen to disagree with the point, but it is worthy of discussion rather than calling him a troll. I think since Brookings is close enough that most would not stay overnight and it would probably not significantly affect the bottom line of local businesses.

As for the move to buy up the tickets, I find it a good move for SDSU...creates a stir and adds a little drama to the game. Anything that gets more people talking about the game can only help SDSU. It may even convince more people to attend in the future.

Comment

Working...
                                X