Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NDSU Nov 4th

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
    Again, I don't have a problem with coworkers/friends helping one another out. However, big blocks of tickets irritate me. Have some pride in what the team is trying to build in Brookings. Maybe it's not a big deal I guess and hopefully I'm being too negative about it.
    You are probably being too negative. You have to remember, the reason this does not happen in Fargo, is the place is maxed on season tickets. So, they don't offer presale to season ticket holders for any game; only some single game tickets to donors without tickets. Even then, you get only 4, and not necessarily to the game you want.

SDSU is not anywhere near this in fan base. Thus, you are going to have SDSU fans who are friends with NDSU fans help them out when SDSU stoops to a USD type trick. You guys can get there; you just need patience and encourage your AD to simply put the single game tickets on sale without gimmicks so NDSU folks can be segregated to a certain area of the stadium like they used to. Eventually, you will have so limited a number of tickets available, the issue simply goes away.

Comment

Originally posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
      You are probably being too negative. You have to remember, the reason this does not happen in Fargo, is the place is maxed on season tickets. So, they don't offer presale to season ticket holders for any game; only some single game tickets to donors without tickets. Even then, you get only 4, and not necessarily to the game you want.

SDSU is not anywhere near this in fan base. Thus, you are going to have SDSU fans who are friends with NDSU fans help them out when SDSU stoops to a USD type trick. You guys can get there; you just need patience and encourage your AD to simply put the single game tickets on sale without gimmicks so NDSU folks can be segregated to a certain area of the stadium like they used to. Eventually, you will have so limited a number of tickets available, the issue simply goes away.
      Hopefully you can understand that giving a pre sale to season ticket holders is different then making everyone who buys a ticket to one game also force them to buy for a different game. Also don't forget one year USD moved its home game to Sioux Falls to make it easier for you guys to get there. Was that the same year they made the NDSU game paired with the season opener for tickets?

I am a member at the Washington pavilion in SF, we get deals to tickets for shows etc before the general public, I don't see how that is gimmicky or anything at all. I see that as more of a benefit then anything. Now if we said no ticket sales to addresses in North Dakota I would agree. That's getting petty if you ask me. Didn't the Seahawks or 9ers do that in a NFL game not that long ago? Anyway Its pretty standard procedure for ticketing to do it this way. You guys are the outlier like the handful of places that are sell outs or maxed on season tickets being offered.
      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
        Hopefully you can understand that giving a pre sale to season ticket holders is different then making everyone who buys a ticket to one game also force them to buy for a different game. Also don't forget one year USD moved its home game to Sioux Falls to make it easier for you guys to get there. Was that the same year they made the NDSU game paired with the season opener for tickets?

I am a member at the Washington pavilion in SF, we get deals to tickets for shows etc before the general public, I don't see how that is gimmicky or anything at all. I see that as more of a benefit then anything. Now if we said no ticket sales to addresses in North Dakota I would agree. That's getting petty if you ask me. Didn't the Seahawks or 9ers do that in a NFL game not that long ago? Anyway Its pretty standard procedure for ticketing to do it this way. You guys are the outlier like the handful of places that are sell outs or maxed on season tickets being offered.
        For the record, I had a lot less angst about the presale to season ticket holders than I did about the equivalent of not selling to ND zip codes. (the having to had bought a ticket last year crap which is the same thing, basically)

Let's recount USD history on this:

For the USD game in Sioux Falls, yes they did make us buy one other game. That blew up in their face.

In 2014, they did the same thing of buying another game. Many waited them out and we nearly had as many fans as them out after they still tried to hold back for a long time. We nearly had as many fans as them.

In 2016, they went a whole 'nother level. They tried everything they could to only sell to their fan base until the last minute when they opened it up for us to buy the rest of the tickets, and we still nearly had as many fans there.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
          I'm actually disappointed this hasn't sold out yet. I also have a bad feeling there are more Bison fans that bought season tickets or Jackrabbit fans who bought for Bison fans than we think. I've said it before but for season ticket holders, if you bought large quantities of tickets for bison faithful then you are a traitor. The 48 I was able to buy are all going to Jackrabbit fans. I'll be pretty pissed if there is much green on the west side stands. I'm really hoping I'm wrong. Maybe I'm a little salty because the ticket office told me it would sell out pretty quickly and there appears to be a fair number still available in 122 and 123, two and half hours later.
          I'm guessing the majority of the Bison fans will be on the east side (unfortunately for me and my parents)

Comment

Originally posted by THEsocalledfan View Post

Cannot disagree. Got a new neighbor who works in Watertown, but originally from New York Mills Minn. A NDSU grad, but I seldom see him and will work on making him a Jack fan.

Comment

Hello all, I'm new to the site as a member, but I have been following it for some time now. Excited to for the upcoming season, and especially the NDSU game. Hoping that both teams are unbeaten at that point, and maybe have a chance to land Gameday in Brookings!

Comment

Took at look at Vivid Seats via the ESPN app for tickets to this game. There are two tickets in Section 120 Row 9 of a price of $221 per ticket and eight tickets in Section Row 2 for a price of $245. You know, in case anyone was interested...

Comment

Looked on Bisonville, apparently the every other year "season ticket holders" are having grave difficulties in obtaining extra tickets to this game. We may see a major reduction in number of green relative to blue due to policy. Look forward to this being a Gameday type meet up. Pretty certain that only other FCS game that could make it this season is Richmond vs JMU. Hope LSU has an off year, as Bama LSU is also 11/4.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by rabidrabbit View Post
                    Looked on Bisonville, apparently the every other year "season ticket holders" are having grave difficulties in obtaining extra tickets to this game. We may see a major reduction in number of green relative to blue due to policy. Look forward to this being a Gameday type meet up. Pretty certain that only other FCS game that could make it this season is Richmond vs JMU. Hope LSU has an off year, as Bama LSU is also 11/4.

Oklahoma @ Oklahoma St. could be picked as well if OK.St. has the good year many are predicting.

Comment

• Re: NDSU Nov 4th

Originally posted by rabidrabbit View Post

why would it be any different or harder to get tickets as a season ticket holder?
                      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

Originally posted by JacksFTW View Post
                        Oklahoma @ Oklahoma St. could be picked as well if OK.St. has the good year many are predicting.
                        Also have:

Oregon vs Washington
                        Penn State vs Michigan State
                        Virginia Tech vs Miami

If SDSU and NDSU are both undefeated, and some of these other teams have 1 or 2 losses, it could happen. Not to mention, Gameday could end up at any or all of these schools already before week 10 comes around.

Comment

why would it be any different or harder to get tickets as a season ticket holder?
                          Every other year season ticket holders are likely to be rival fans that don't care if they make the rest of the games, as long as have seat, for the game vs their team. And if being a season ticket holder will allow them to pick up another 50 tickets for their team fans the $200 fee is a minor cost to soften a home field advantage.

Comment

Apparently the ticket office has locked accounts that didn't by any tickets last year from purchasing additional Nov 4th tickets until Sept 18th.

So, essentially, if an NDSU fan bought season tickets, they won't be able to buy any more until Sept 18th. (Assuming they didn't buy season tickets last year)

Comment

Not sure how exactly it works... but I purchased tickets to the Villanova playoff game with my account last year and "my account is not authorized to purchase tickets for the Nov. 4 NDSU game." Playoff games must be excluded somehow...

Comment

Originally posted by mmiller_34 View Post
                                Apparently the ticket office has locked accounts that didn't by any tickets last year from purchasing additional Nov 4th tickets until Sept 18th.

So, essentially, if an NDSU fan bought season tickets, they won't be able to buy any more until Sept 18th. (Assuming they didn't buy season tickets last year)
                                ahh. I know last time the ticket office did a promo since we use to get season tickets or something to that effect and were able to order tickets a few days before they went on sale to the general public.

I agree home fans should get first chance for tickets. I appreciate NDSU and their commitment, but they can wait till they go on sale for the general public or like others have, get SDSU fans get some for them as a favor, since many have done that for SDSU fans before in fargo.

I guess at the same time, if NDSU fans are willing to get some season tickets to get single game purchases in advance its like good for them to be that organized and let them bring their money down and spend here etc.

The previous years we always got stuck right behind the obnoxious ones. most around were really good, the handful that yelled just to annoy were great at it. many NDSU fans were annoyed too. like your giving our fan base a bad name. The best experience was Keonig TD game. that was a great game anyway, but the NDSU guys around us where more then nice and could take and give a joke with those around us. They were complimentary after SDSU won and good sports the whole game. That's why I have mixed feelings for the NDSU fan base. I suppose that's like most fan bases though.

Comment

Working...
                                X