NDSU Nov 4th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: NDSU Nov 4th

Listening to the Byson "Insiders" is making me laugh. Talking about how well they travel is really funny. OF COURSE people want OUT of North Dakota!

Comment

Who cares if the Bison fans would have come down and bought tickets? Are we, as a fan base, really worried that they would "take over" our stadium? Personally, I like having a decent sized group of opposing fans. It seems to light a fire under the normally quiet portion of the fan base.
      -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
        Sadly I think some of the best games and crowds SDSU has ever had tend to be the smallest. Games with 8k or end of the season and home win over EIU a few years ago in the playoffs jump out to me as the best crowds we have had. Often when we are packed I feel they are generally quiet and once the final score seems set the crowds start to file out well before the game is over. I know we were playing Drake last week but people around us were gone basically after the 3 quarter started. The one large crowd that I was impressed with and I thought both fan bases did great was the Koenig TD run against the bison. That was just a great game and packed and both fan bases got into the game. The last time the bison were here it was like we sat there watching NDSU fans celebrate. Some around us last game in brooking sure did their best to try to be obnoxious. It wasn't just cheering it was we are awesome and you guys suck sort of yelling, where other bison fans in the section would tell them to shut up or knock it off. They were clearly drunk but watching NDSU fans make a fool of themselves wasn't as much fun as you would think.
        I know some wouldn’t agree, but I have no issue with people leaving early from the Drake game. It was awful. The average fan won’t stay around to watch that. I left after the 3rd to take my kids home to bed.
        Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
          I know some wouldn’t agree, but I have no issue with people leaving early from the Drake game. It was awful. The average fan won’t stay around to watch that. I left after the 3rd to take my kids home to bed.
          I agree the average fan doesn't want to see a blow out and the scrubs. But I like to watch the young guys and see how they are progressing. They did finally talk me into leaving halfway through the 4th
          Go Big Go Blue ..... Go Jacks

Comment

in reply to SoDakJack and his "Who cares?" comment, I think for me its the fact that we're generally unable to reciprocate.
            Would they sell us 1000 seats or 2000 seats at their home field in exchange for 1000 or 2000 at ours? I bet the answer is no.

Comment

Originally posted by Gojacks2487 View Post
              I agree the average fan doesn't want to see a blow out and the scrubs. But I like to watch the young guys and see how they are progressing. They did finally talk me into leaving halfway through the 4th
              My years in the The Pride conditioned me not to leave regardless of the score or weather. Granted I don't have a family to haul around and I can see how that would change things.

Comment

Originally posted by BrerRabbit View Post
                in reply to SoDakJack and his "Who cares?" comment, I think for me its the fact that we're generally unable to reciprocate.
                Would they sell us 1000 seats or 2000 seats at their home field in exchange for 1000 or 2000 at ours? I bet the answer is no.
                That's because they don't have to sell them. They set aside the allotted number of tickets because if they didn't, there would be no tickets available to the visiting team.

Comment

Right, so why should we? We sold them. Good enough. I'm ok with that and will sleep well.

Comment

Right, so why should we? We sold them. Good enough. I'm ok with that and will sleep well.
                    That's important. A good night's rest helps a person function.

Hopefully whomever purchased the larger blocks of tickets to give them to fans. A sell out isn't as effective if you have a bunch of "I didn't have anything better to do on Nov 4th" people at the game

Comment

And even less effective if its people who cheer for the other team

Comment

And even less effective if its people who cheer for the other team
                        Not necessarily. I seem to recall a number of games in which the back and forth between the visitors and the Jackrabbit faithful made the game more enjoyable.

I get the point of view that we don't want to have any more opposing fans than the allotment, but in my mind I kind of have an asterisk next to this game. However, if the team continues to trend up we will not have to worry about the optics of a sellout because almost all the games will be one.

The athletic department has been steadily improving their game day experiences and I think that with continued tweaking, we will see Saturday in Brookings become a destination event (I'm not getting into Thursday games).

Whether there is 300 or 5000 visitors in the crowd, all I care about is that the team comes out ready to play and wins every game. This game is especially big since it could be the difference in playing in Brookings or Fargo in the 2nd or 3rd round.

Comment

I do not think the team wants to come out and see the stands full of green. I wouldn't, and I don't think they do either.

I do not know what you mean by "become a destination event." It looks to me like it is one already. Do you mean it isn't so for enough people?

Comment

Exactly.

Comment

I do not think the team wants to come out and see the stands full of green. I wouldn't, and I don't think they do either.

I do not know what you mean by "become a destination event." It looks to me like it is one already. Do you mean it isn't so for enough people?
                              I guess we have differing opinion on what "full of green" is in comparison to 15-16k Jackrabbit fans.

What I mean is that in order to sell out on a regular basis it has to be the "can't miss" event regardless of who we are playing. USD and NDSU are the rivalry games, but in the grand scheme of things every conference game is just as important. This program has grown by leaps and bounds since I was at SDSU. I hope the upward trend continues and we can all look back on the days that we needed "help" in selling the stadium out and laugh.

Comment

Didn't know where to post this, there is an article the Inforum stating Team Makers raise 5 million to foot all the athletic scholarship at NDSU.

Comment

Working...
                                X