Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: NDSU Nov 4th

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
    I've heard another large donor has paid Midco to blackout the game in North Dakota, thus forcing any NDSU fans to either drive to another neighboring state to even watch the game. The ones that must drive to South Dakota will likely hit the nearest sports bar and watch the game while drinking nothing but water to avoid spending any money in the state.

If this is true!

MJ.jpg

https://media.giphy.com/media/pUeXcg80cO8I8/giphy.gif

Comment

I just went online to get a room for Nov 4 and all rooms in Brookings are sold out. Now is that because Bison fans thought they were going to have tickets so they got rooms. Or is is Jackrabbit fans that have tickets and got rooms. Or maybe something else is going on ?

Comment

AOOOGAH!
        AOOOGAH!

SMACK PROXIMITY WARNING!
        SMACK PROXIMITY WARNING!

AOOOGAH!
        AOOOGAH!
        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
          I just went online to get a room for Nov 4 and all rooms in Brookings are sold out. Now is that because Bison fans thought they were going to have tickets so they got rooms. Or is is Jackrabbit fans that have tickets and got rooms. Or maybe something else is going on ?
          Sorry, it took me too long to get my snark in.
          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

I've heard another large donor has paid Midco to blackout the game in North Dakota, thus forcing any NDSU fans to either drive to another neighboring state to even watch the game. The ones that must drive to South Dakota will likely hit the nearest sports bar and watch the game while drinking nothing but water to avoid spending any money in the state.
            This is pure gold. If you can get this on Bisonville and get the right poster to bite...it could be legendary...

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
              AOOOGAH!
              AOOOGAH!

SMACK PROXIMITY WARNING!
              SMACK PROXIMITY WARNING!

AOOOGAH!
              AOOOGAH!
              aooogah horn

Comment

This might be the only good post in this entire thread.
                Originally posted by JackFan96
                Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

FINALLY got the chance to listen to the radio show, and, wow, are those guys special. Way to mix the pot and undermine Jackrabbit Nation.

"They must have cheated and lied to 'sell out' the game with us." They are all sold. What more do you want?!
                  "Brookings is going to miss out on our great business, although I wouldn't plan on spending any of my money there, anyways." Cause that logic makes sense.
                  "Rozeboom is a dirty player, and everyone knows it." Why are you even bringing this up? It wasn't dirty, so just let it go!

I paraphrased, yes, but this is essentially what people get out of it. Why speculate such things when you can try and ask someone about it? Athletics might not go on your radio show, but I'm sure you could find some Jackrabbit fans that would be more than willing to discuss this or any other issues you have with SDSU. Have a little faith in us, and find out more information before making your comments.
                  Rollin' in my 5.0
                  With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
                  Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

Comment

Originally posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
                    I know you will disagree, JackJD, but the economic argument is not that NDSU fans spend more than SDSU fans; they argument is that since large blocks of ticket were likely bought last minute to keep us out, the seats will not be full, when they would be if sold to NDSU fans.

Just want to clarify that, and yes, I know everyone will say every seat will be filled. NDSU fans are very skeptical they will. Prove us all wrong.
                    I think part of the problem is the assumption that there were "large blocks of tickets" bought last minute. It was difficult to tell due to the ticketing system, but only 2 corner sections were available and it was the upper rows. My guess is that there were less than 500 tickets available, probably more like 300 (again, an estimation). The point being is that even if every one of those tickets ends up going unused, which they won't, it wouldn't be noticeable. The game was very nearly sold out as it was, they just made sure that it was before opening it up to the public, which was a great marketing move.

Comment

Originally posted by THE PRIDE IS BACK!!! View Post
                      FINALLY got the chance to listen to the radio show, and, wow, are those guys special. Way to mix the pot and undermine Jackrabbit Nation.

"They must have cheated and lied to 'sell out' the game with us." They are all sold. What more do you want?!
                      "Brookings is going to miss out on our great business, although I wouldn't plan on spending any of my money there, anyways." Cause that logic makes sense.
                      "Rozeboom is a dirty player, and everyone knows it." Why are you even bringing this up? It wasn't dirty, so just let it go!

I paraphrased, yes, but this is essentially what people get out of it. Why speculate such things when you can try and ask someone about it? Athletics might not go on your radio show, but I'm sure you could find some Jackrabbit fans that would be more than willing to discuss this or any other issues you have with SDSU. Have a little faith in us, and find out more information before making your comments.
                      Thanks for paraphrasing. I really didn't want to sit through a couple hours of that.

"Controversies" like these make me think of a show called, unsurprisingly, The Sports Show, that used to air in MN when I was growing up. It was basically a panel consisting of Patrick Reusse and Sid Hartman from the Star Tribune and Dark Star and Mike Max from WCCO Radio. Max was generally the host, and the main reason I watched was for the Vikings and Twins "scoops."

This was prior to podcasts and social media, but I mention this because it would be great if we could create such a panel to discuss topics like this. Tyler Merriam could be our Mike Max; Matt Zimmer and Mick Garry could be Reusse and Hartman, and Midco could rotate Tom Neiman, Hank McCall, Jay Elsen, and perhaps Kelly Stewart as Dark Star.

Comment

Originally posted by THE PRIDE IS BACK!!! View Post
                        Why did you wait until now to tell us?! This could have cleared things up a long time ago. Finally, somebody know knows definitively that speaks up. I'm glad this can finally be put to rest. So nice when knowledgeable Jacks fans can let us know the Jacks are incapable of dirty play. Thank you!

Comment

[QUOTE=SF_Rabbit_Fan;317343]-Yesterday, while wearing SDSU apparel, I ran into 2 SDSU graduates that I did not previously know. Both mentioned the NDSU sellout early in the conversation. They inquired about options for getting tickets for the Dakota Marker game, and were very curious about the cost of season tickets. I believe several others on the board have had similar conversations since the sellout was announced.[QUOTE]

I bought season tickets just so I knew I would have tickets to this game. Was able to get 2 extra tickets for my Bison co-worker and his girlfriend. Glad I did now knowing I couldn't get tickets.

Comment

Originally posted by TransAmBison View Post
                            Why did you wait until now to tell us?! This could have cleared things up a long time ago. Finally, somebody know knows definitively that speaks up. I'm glad this can finally be put to rest. So nice when knowledgeable Jacks fans can let us know the Jacks are incapable of dirty play. Thank you!
                            Or when knowledgeable Bison fans tell us it is dirty play. It goes both ways I suppose. It was so dirty, he was up for freshman of the year? Seems logical I suppose. Funny how every year after a game some idiots from da' Nort' have a beef about an SDSU player having the gaul to block or tackle, the sheer nerve!!! These dirty plays are usually so obvious to everyone, the refs don't throw a flag, because we all saw it and there is no reason to. The usual famous whining is punctuated by: "I hope he has his head on swivel." Yes. they are shaking in their cleats.
                            With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

There has been some great posts on this thread. It had me thinking more about the game on November 4th at home last night. It had me thinking about where SDSU Football is, where it is going, and what it is going to take to get to the top.

To that end, I think you need to look at who's on top. There is no doubt that the Buffalo Chips from up north are the preeminent program in all of FCS. They have the tradition in on field performance, financial support, and from a fanbase that is as passionate as any in the country. I would encourage any Jacks fan to go to Fargo and experience a game day sometime. You have to tip the cap to how they do it. They show up early to tailgate and it doesn't matter how cold it is! They do it right. In fact, I read an article a couple weeks ago that ranked them in the top 20 tailgates in all of college football. It doesn't end there. They poor themselves into the FargoDome and create an environment that is second to none in FCS and rivals any in the country for energy in the stadium. Their fans understand that they are part of the tradition and are a factor in their programs success. They feel obligated not to just show up but to make so much damn noise your ears will bleed. Topping it off, they are behind their team financially in a big way with organizations like "The Playmakers" and give them the resources they need and then some. The whole thing really is quite impressive. and they do this for EVERY home game not just the one or two that you circle on the calendar every year. Sure, there are some things I could certainly do without. Chief among them the saying Bison over Free at the end of the anthem but overall I give them major credit. They've turned Bison football into THE event in the state of North Dakota in a way that Nebraska has done in that state.

So, here we are at SDSU a few weeks away from our first sellout. The buzz for that day is already palpable. But, I think it is bigger than that. I think as a fan base we need to look at that we can all do to get the Jacks over the top and be a contender for the best in the FCS.

WHERE ARE WE AT SDSU? There is no doubt our program is on the rise. WE have had sustainable success for a few years that has led to our first MVFC title and successive years in the playoffs. We have the best facilities in all of FCS. Our attendance is respectable and climbing. The atmosphere in the stadium is getting better. The financial backing is solid but still needs to improve.

WHAT US FANS NEED TO DO AT SDSU? This is where the game on November 4th is so important in my book. Yes, we sold this sucker out. That is fantastic! Congrats to Jackrabbit Nation on the accomplishment. Heck, you have to start somewhere. But, just showing up isn't good enough any more. It is time for our fans to step up and turn DJD Stadium into a home field advantage that rivals any others in the FCS including the Buffalo Chips. The team deserves it. Hell, we deserve it. Let's make this game one of those days where you can say "I was there, and it was incredible!" All of those people that are coming to the game that aren't regulars, let's turn them into season ticket holders. However, that's just the start. Then WE need to do it all over again the very next week when Illinois State comes to town. And it needs to continue into next season when we have the first game against Patsy U. If we want a piece of what is going on in Fargo, that is what it takes.

I will get off my soap box in a second but this is a special and possibly once in a lifetime opportunity. Yes, there are a lot of games between now and then. So, let's fill it up for those games too. This team that SDSU has this year has an opportunity to be special and can take us places this program has never been to before. It would be a shame if we as fans didn't take the time to get behind them and do what we can to make the atmosphere just as special as the field on the team. That is what they do in Fargo. The names on the jerseys change but the people in the seats making the noise are the same. It's time for us to do that in Brookings.

I know that I'm preaching to the choir on this forum but it just doesn't feel like we all understand how big this moment could be. It is time to rise up, make some noise, and be counted.

I need a cigarette!

SUPERBUNNY
                              MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post
                                Or when knowledgeable Bison fans tell us it is dirty play. It goes both ways I suppose. It was so dirty, he was up for freshman of the year? Seems logical I suppose. Funny how every year after a game some idiots from da' Nort' have a beef about an SDSU player having the gaul to block or tackle, the sheer nerve!!! These dirty plays are usually so obvious to everyone, the refs don't throw a flag, because we all saw it and there is no reason to. The usual famous whining is punctuated by: "I hope he has his head on swivel." Yes. they are shaking in their cleats.
                                All I know is SDSU is the only team I've heard the Bison players complain about in recent years. I used to hear about UNI years back...but now all I hear is they hit hard...and that isn't a complaint...just respect. Generally where there is smoke, there is fire. The Bison have been the main reason holding back SDSU from further success (recent history)...it would make sense they are extra salty towards the Bison (tailgaters sure are). Just sayin'...

Comment

Working...
                                X