South Dakota Added to California State Travel Ban

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: South Dakota Added to California State Travel Ban

"Just because you do not take an interest in politics doesn't mean politics won't take an interest in you." -- Attributed to Pericles, 495-429 BC and/or (a variant thereof) to Leon Trotsky, 1979-1940.

There are those who believe it would be better if it were not so. There are those who disagree.
    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
      "Just because you do not take an interest in politics doesn't mean politics won't take an interest in you." -- Attributed to Pericles, 495-429 BC and/or (a variant thereof) to Leon Trotsky, 1879-1940.

There are those who believe it would be better if it were not so. There are those who disagree.
      Typo error DOB of Leon, I fixed it. Excellent quotes, btw.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
        Typo error DOB of Leon, I fixed it. Excellent quotes, btw.
        I liked the original version (see the "Curious Case of Benjamin Button").

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
          I liked the original version (see the "Curious Case of Benjamin Button").
          I going throw this thread into drift, but I apparently lived 2008 under a rock, as I was totally ignorant of "Curious Case of Benjamin Button". I really missed something here.

Comment

I was under the impression that travel bans were intolerant and bigoted policies that serve no purpose beyond hurting people who are simply trying to live peaceful lives as Americans.

Based on California's actions, I may have to rethink my understanding of whether travel bans are good or bad.
            “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Groupthink, a term coined by social psychologist Irving Janis (1972), occurs when a group makes faulty decisions because group pressures lead to a deterioration of “mental efficiency, reality testing, and moral judgment”
              or more recently coined politically correct.
              Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Working...
              X