Pie,pie,pie,pie
      B
      O
      O
      B
      S

Comment

Re: South Dakota Added to California State Travel Ban

We try to avoid political discussions on this board...but California's travel ban and its impact on sports seems to invite a political discussion. Sure hope this board can avoid politics but when politics gets mixed with sports, it seems the political discussion is inevitable. I hope the discourse remains civil.

My two cents: I like seeing Cal Poly and UC-Davis in Brookings and I hope everyone figures a way out of the travel ban (seems to me a better approach may be to encourage such travel rather than to shut off interaction among the states).

Before anyone starts signing a petition to encourage California to secede from the nation, do a little research into how much California pays into the federal government through taxes compared to how much it gets back from the federal government. Then, look at the same stats for South Dakota (we're not the worst). Do the research: the info is readily available. For those living in SD, ask your neighborhood legislator to tell you what percentage of SD's budget comes from the Federal Government.

Then beg California to keep paying lots of money into the federal government.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
          I'm half hoping that California just falls into the ocean.

"Like the mystics and statistics say it will" - Warren Zevon (RIP), "Desperados Under The Eaves"
          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

If the people from all of the states on the travel ban decided to not vacation in California. I have a fealing it would hurt them more then us.

Comment

If people would just drop their discrimination and prejudices, none of this woudl be an issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbit74 View Post
                If people would just drop their discrimination and prejudices, none of this woudl be an issue.
                Exactly. For some reason, a small group of intolerant state legislators like to throw South Dakota into one unnecessary mess after another.
                This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbit74 View Post
                  Precisely

Comment

Originally posted by sdsu_drake View Post
                    If the people from all of the states on the travel ban decided to not vacation in California. I have a fealing it would hurt them more then us.
                    And we stop all the California cars at the Wyoming border, who had Mt. Rushmore on their itinerary! We turn them around and head them back to where-ever they came from. That makes sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
                      Exactly. For some reason, a small group of intolerant state legislators like to throw South Dakota into one unnecessary mess after another.
                      Likewise for California legislators,unfortunately ,neither State will change their political stance,so we have travel bans instead....insistence that everyone must think the same, in some peoples mind ,is the root of the problem,they have no respect for nor tolerance for a free and individual and sometimes different thought process..all kinds of intolerance out their,and it's not just the people of faith who exhibit intolerance,as some would insist upon.

Comment

Adoption providers (according to the article) in SD among other states are allowed by those states' laws to take "sincerely held religious beliefs" into account when placing children to be adopted. Not REQUIRED to do so. ALLOWED to do so.

In response (in part) to the adoption of this obviously extreme position, the State of California now FORBIDS state travel to states representing nearly 20% of the US population.

Conclusions are left as an exercise for the reader.
                        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

So someone is being intolerant in their insistence of other's tolerance. Makes sense.
                          Last edited by Prairiehaas; 06-25-2017, 10:00 AM. Reason: Spelling error
                          You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Originally posted by Prairiehaas View Post
                            So someone is being intolerant in their insistence of other's tolerance. Males sense.
                            These are your words,.....if you word it this way,it's nonsense,so,guess your right.Care to re-word this so it makes sense?.And furthermore ,don't think I don't understand the meaning of the word "innuendo",as obviously you must.

I was looking for a post and going back through these old posts, came across this old post. Looking at it again (now) I realize what Prairehass was saying, and it makes perfect sense. I was wrong in responding the way I did and apologize if he ever sees this. I don't know why I was so rude...suffer from CRS...Can't Remember Sh**).But, evidently, I took his post completely wrong. Just thought a late apology is better than never correcting myself. Have a good day.
                            Last edited by jackdaniel; 10-02-2019, 02:39 AM.

Comment

Politics should be banned from this forum(sorry for the intolerance)...mainly because I'm vastly outnumbered in any political discussion here.....j/k

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
                                Politics should be banned from this forum(sorry for the intolerance)...mainly because I'm vastly outnumbered in any political discussion here.....j/k
                                I believe they are banned.
                                Last edited by Nidaros; 06-25-2017, 02:46 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X