X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Foo Fighters coming to the Denny!

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
    That's hilrious..made me laugh out loud
    BLACKBOARD JUNGLE, featuring Sidney Portier, and Glenn Ford. Bill Haley furnished the theme song and made possible for The Foo Fighters to exist some 60 years later.

Comment

Originally posted by mango4 View Post
      $51, $81 and $101 are the price levels.
      I was very surprised by this. I thought the top price level would be in the $300 range (which I would have gladly paid btw), then the lowest would be around $100. Seems like they really want to make sure they sell out the show quickly.

Comment

The prices for McCartney tickets were much higher. And that concert sold out before any tickets became available to the general public. It sold out in pre-sales. The Premier Center was built too small.
        This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
          The Premier Center was built too small.
          No, it was not. The large majority of events don't even need the upper level. Just because the 2 biggest concerts to ever be in Sioux Falls will sell out doesn't mean it's too small. I hope you're joking.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
            No, it was not. The large majority of events don't even need the upper level. Just because the 2 biggest concerts to ever be in Sioux Falls will sell out doesn't mean it's too small. I hope you're joking.
            It will be expanded to 15,000 at some point.

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
              This is likely the biggest "name" band we've ever had come to Sioux Falls for people under 40.
              I could dispute, but I don't have the time. Great band!
              With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                No, I'm not joking. Several big country acts, a few rock shows and a some other non-basketball, spectator events have sold out quickly - in some cases, within minutes of becoming available. Yes, the facility meets today's needs, but it won't meet the community's needs for the next 20, 30 or 40 years. It certainly won't last 50 years, like the Arena did. Sioux Falls essentially built another Arena and added 1,000 seats to it, even though the city's population has more than doubled since the early 1960s.
                This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
                  No, I'm not joking. Several big country acts, a few rock shows and a some other non-basketball, spectator events have sold out quickly - in some cases, within minutes of becoming available. Yes, the facility meets today's needs, but it won't meet the community's needs for the next 20, 30 or 40 years. It certainly won't last 50 years, like the Arena did. Sioux Falls essentially built another Area and added 1,000 seats to it, even though the city's population has more than doubled since the early 1960s.
                  Premier Center can be expanded with additional seating.

Arena seats 6,113 for basketball and Premier Center seats 12,000.
                  2015 (first year operation) had 135 event days with 11 sold out events. http://espn991.com/239152/
                  2016 had 119 event days with 11 sold out events. http://smgworld.com/news/premier-cen...ed-attendance/
                  Last edited by UWMandSDSU; 06-22-2017, 05:21 PM.

Comment

The Arena was built to seat about about 10,000 for basketball and as many as 11,000 for other events. Replacing the bleachers with individual seats and other building improvements substantially reduced the capacity. (Frost Arena went through similar changes.) I know there's a possible build-out area in the Premier Center. A couple thousand seats or so could be added to the stage end of the building. At the very least, I think the building should have been built to capacity from the beginning. Regardless, cheers to the Premier Center staff for attracting the Foo Fighters and other big-time acts. The building has had a very impressive run.
                    This space for lease.

Comment

Tickets opened to the public this morning and there are already only single tickets available. Essentially sold out already. Awesome.

Comment

I forgot I know somebody who works for the band. I'm told I should be able to score a couple. We shall see.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Comment

Tickets were likely all bought up in the pre-sale - like most concerts now. I got 4 tickets on Monday with no problem.

Comment

Working...
                          X