Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Next Season Conference Predictions

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
    I'll have complete position breakdowns up on my blog soon. www.jackrabbitillustrated.blogspot.com.
    Great job on the blog so far. Would highly recommend it for any Jackrabbit fan.
    If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
    - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
      The defense will be better. I've had a chance to visit with the coaches. If Washington and Mosley aren't better this year, they will be quickly jumped by Gardner, McGary, and Harris. It's also not out of the question for Lofton to play this year too.

Linebackers will be okay. Backhus, Rozeboom, and Kleinschmit are the projected starters but Tuttle, Urbanek, Seven Wilson, and Cox will battle for time.

Defensive end has more depth than it has in awhile. Watch out for Tolu. He and Callender as situational pass rushers will make a world of difference. The area I am most concerned about is defensive tackle. There is a lot of unknown after Soulek and Whitsell. They are both big boys and will wear down if they don't get breaks.

I'll have complete position breakdowns up on my blog soon. www.jackrabbitillustrated.blogspot.com.
      If we can solve the problems on defense that prevented us from getting the defense off the field and resting,3rd down breakdowns and what not,then that will help tremendously in keeping the defensive personnel fresh,which will make our defense even better.It's a key issue that we make progress in that regard this season,I'm sure we will.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
        If we can solve the problems on defense that prevented us from getting the defense off the field and resting,3rd down breakdowns and what not,then that will help tremendously in keeping the defensive personnel fresh,which will make our defense even better.It's a key issue that we make progress in that regard this season,I'm sure we will.
        Winner. And with how many 3rd and longs we gave up that's going to take improvement in two areas, pass rush and corners. I can't imagine the defense allowing that many 3rd and long conversions again, I think the Montana State game will be very telling from that standpoint.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Does anyone know what to expect from Duquense? I found they were co-champs with St Francis in the NEC which is the team Villanova defeated the week before coming to Brookings. 6 weeks and they will be in Brookings to open the season.
          Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
            Does anyone know what to expect from Duquense? I found they were co-champs with St Francis in the NEC which is the team Villanova defeated the week before coming to Brookings. 6 weeks and they will be in Brookings to open the season.
            Not really, but I do know their running back A.J. Hines won the Jerry Rice Award (top FCS freshman) last year.

I see Youngstown State beat them 45-10 last year. I would be happy and expect something about like that.

That's all I've looked into them.

Here's their 2017 prospectus --- http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/...prospectus.pdf
            "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Hines is a stud but I'd like to think we should be able to contain him. Looking over their prospectus predicted depth chart I see on D the back end(LB's to DB's) of their D has guys listed 5'10 to 6'1. I really like our WR's and TE's going up against that. They will have a new QB so that will be an adjustment for us with no proven game film to watch there.

Comment

I took a fresh look at our schedule and I think we should and need to be 7-0 heading into 2 tough games against Western Illinois (I think they'll be 3rd in the conference this year) and NDSU. If we want a shot at a top seed, a 7-0 start is a must, and it seems pretty attainable. I think the toughest test in those first 7 games will be the trip to Montana State. YSU is down this year, MSU is MSU, and our home games are all very winnable, especially since UNI shouldn't be that tough. The trip to the dakota dump, i mean dome looming at the end of the season could be interesting, as they should be tough this year and we should be vying for a top seed.

Imo, we should at least go 9-2. My prediction is 10-1. 11-0 would just be a lot of fun.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                  I took a fresh look at our schedule and I think we should and need to be 7-0 heading into 2 tough games against Western Illinois (I think they'll be 3rd in the conference this year) and NDSU. If we want a shot at a top seed, a 7-0 start is a must, and it seems pretty attainable. I think the toughest test in those first 7 games will be the trip to Montana State. YSU is down this year, MSU is MSU, and our home games are all very winnable, especially since UNI shouldn't be that tough. The trip to the dakota dump, i mean dome looming at the end of the season could be interesting, as they should be tough this year and we should be vying for a top seed.

Imo, we should at least go 9-2. My prediction is 10-1. 11-0 would just be a lot of fun.
                  Agreed, could make Nov 4th really interesting if we both enter the game undefeated.

Comment

Here is what I have put together for schedule preview for Duquesne.

Duquesne Dukes
                    Thursday, August 31st, 7pm
                    "Dairy Drive"

What to Know:
                    Duquesne had a successful run in 2016 finishing 8-3 and again earned a share of the Northeast Conference (NEC) championship for the 6th year in a row. Duquesne is again favored to win the NEC and represent the conference in the FCS playoffs.

The Dukes return 13 starters including 5 on offense and 8 on defense. OL Ben Huss, OL Matt Fitzpatrick, DL Andy Struttman, LB Nathan Stone, DB Abner Roberts, and RB AJ Hines were name preseason all-conference. In addition, Hines was named the 2016 Jerry Rice Award winner which is given to the nations top freshman.

Last season they scored 31 ppg while only allowing 24 ppg. On offense they look to have a pretty balanced attack as they rushed for 168 ypg and passed for 260. Their starting quarterback did graduate so they will look to replace him from a stable of young quarterbacks. Brett Brumbaugh did take a few snaps last season as the backup quarterback.
                    Last edited by WestSideRabbit; 07-20-2017, 02:45 PM.
                    Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Here is what I put together for a conference preview. I did not preview ISU-blue as we don't play them this year.

http://jackrabbitillustrated.blogspo...eview.html?m=1
                      Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Working...
                      X