Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Athlon Preseason Top 25 and All Americans

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post
    Not to mention we have a pretty decent QB in T.C. throwing the ball around as well. Decent chance he could be All-American too.
    Yeah, I'd love to see what kind of numbers Briscoe or Gubrud could put up in a full season of Valley competition. Certainly not the Tecmo Bowl numbers they currently have been accustomed to.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post
      Not to mention we have a pretty decent QB in T.C. throwing the ball around as well. Decent chance he could be All-American too.
      TC is in another FCS article as #3 (of top 10 FCS) QB's. Brisco, Sam Houston, is just an excellent QB, who may get NFL looks, and is a senior. If TC takes full advantage of this season, with outstanding receivers and quality O-line, he should be in the spotlight going into next season.

Comment

Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post
        Ok real fast name five O line players in the MVFC who are absolute studs. If that's easy then go nationwide, and name the best o linemen in FCS. Trouble? Shocker. O line never gets recognition because to the normal fan there is not real stat to follow or see in the story that pops out to them, and most fans follow the ball when they watch the game. HE IS THAT GOOD. Your offense doesn't put up the numbers ours did without a good offensive line, I don't understand how it's shocking to anyone that we have a AA caliber center when our offense is at the level it is.
        I completely agree. he's beast mode for sure.
        although being a standout on a good offensive line doesn't automatically get you 1st team all America. but like others have said being a 3 year starter and on a team with consecutive playoff appearances makes it look good.

Comment

Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post
          Generally I don't make hard statements against a poll preseason, but I 100% agree here. Way too high for both, especially UNI after all their offseason turmoil.
          Out of the loop here, what's the offseason turmoil at UNI?

Comment

I believe they had a big turnover in assistant coaches.

Comment

Originally posted by mnjackrbt View Post
              Out of the loop here, what's the offseason turmoil at UNI?
              Lots of coaching turnover, a recruit who had been committed was told his scholly had been pulled when it wasn't, ended up decommitting. All sorts of fun things.
              Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

They also had high expectations that were not met last year. Started the season ranked 5th, followed it up with a win at Iowa State and then proceeded to finish the season at 5-6. I have a hard time not believing that they won't rebound this year.

Comment

UNI has been on a slow decline since SDSU and NDSU joined the Valley. If they don't have a playoff season this year I think Farley is gone.
                  Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Originally posted by GopherHole View Post
                    They also had high expectations that were not met last year. Started the season ranked 5th, followed it up with a win at Iowa State and then proceeded to finish the season at 5-6. I have a hard time not believing that they won't rebound this year.
                    If this were facebook you would see this as a "memory post" every year,
                    With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Working...
                    X