Jacks go 2-1 against WIU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jacks go 2-1 against WIU

The Jacks opened the weekend with a 7-5 loss on Friday, when several outfield errors allowed the Western Illinois Leathernecks to score the winning runs.

But on Saturday, the Jacks made up for the inability to use the bats, as they trounced the Leathernecks, ending the game in the bottom of the eighth, 18-8 due to the league's 10-run rule.

And finally, the Jacks led the entire third game up to the top of the ninth when WIU's Drue Galassi slammed a homer over the left-field fence, knotting the score at 7-7. But in the bottom of the ninth inning, Landon Badger got on, stole second, and scored when Skyler Winninger lined a walk-off single to center field, enging the game at 8-7.

With those two wins, the Jacks still have an opportunity to finish in third, as they travel to last place Ft. Wayne for three games next weekend, and host Omaha in three in the final regular season games (Thursday, Friday and Saturday). In the meantime, Western Illinois travels to #2 NDSU next weekend, and then hosts #1 ORU in the finale.

The league tournament returns to ORU this year.
    Last edited by Jacks#1Fan; 05-07-2017, 07:13 PM.

Re: Jacks go 2-1 against WIU

The best part of this is beating Western Illinois. I don't care how much better the other teams are in the Summit, I HATE their baseball team. As much as I would have liked to have watched Jackrabbit baseball this weekend, it was alright because I didn't have to deal with their team. For whatever reason, they've always been cocky, loud, and arrogant, and they have no reason to be. I don't know, teams acting in such ways during games always pushes my buttons. (I look for the players who help an opponent up or decide to have a mouth. What they do can say a lot about their school, program, and coaching.) For all I know, this team could have pulled a 180 and not acted like their past teams this weekend; one can only hope.

Sorry for the rant. This team has just always infuriated me, and I like the Jackrabbits shoving it down their throats.
    Rollin' in my 5.0
    With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
    Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

Comment

Working...
    X